Menu

laundry, are you completely caught up or behind?

Bang!Zoom!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider it something to really be caught up on. We each use a clean towel every day, and don't reuse undies and the like, so there's always a load at the end of the day! But I don't have piles of it around. We all do our own laundry (clothes), and I do towels and throw rugs (and our bed). We all have bins. Doesn't bother me to have something in a bin, waiting to have enough to wash a full load.

I do our laundry on Fridays. I guess if you looked in our laundry hampers on Thursday you might think we were "behind," but it's all done by Friday afternoon, and then I don't think about it until the next Friday.

I fold everything as soon as it comes out of the dryer. Don't judge me. :lol:

I do one load of darks a day ,and one load of lights every 2 days. I line dry and fold the next morning ( while everyone is doing math). :laugh: So I am never really behind. Unless it is raining, then I use ropes under the veranda roof. it takes longer to dry there, so I get behind in having dry clothes to fold :coolgleamA:

I had surgery on the 5th and was down for a week. That was the beginning of my laundry nightmare. I have not caught up in three weeks. I have had a basket of clean laundry waiting to be folded for nearly a week now. (!!!) I *never* leave laundry to be folded, but fold it as soon as it comes out generally.

Laundry is my major goal for this coming week, which is a school break for us.

Well, I'm on schedule. Does that count as being "caught up?"

Every other day I do one person's laundry and his/her towels. When their sheets need washed, I do those too. That person's clean laundry must be put away before bedtime.

Uh.. can you tell I only have 2 kids? :laugh: I'd probably not be nearly as organized if I had any more.

the load I hate most is doing the socks. ewwwwwwwwwww

I only do those about twice a year.

No wonder they're so gross if you're letting them sit that long! ;)

I have one load I could wash. The majority of the clothes are put away. HOWEVER, my entire bed is covered with all of my husband's clothes that he was sorting in the living room. I received a call this morning that someone wanted to come meet the dog we've been fostering, so I just threw everything on my bed. And now I have nowhere to sleep.

3 weeks ago my 17yo gave me the best moving out present ever...he took all of our laundry to the laundromat and we got 100% caught up. It took 2 minivan loads, 5 hours and $120! We have been having issues with our dryer not drying so it was really easy to get behind. Plus I took 8 black trashbags directly from the laundromat to the local Goodwill so that cut down on superfluous stuff.

Since that day, I am completely caught up. In fact, I washed a half load of towels just because I didn't have anything else to wash. I am loving it!!

There are only four of us. I aim to do one load a day. Some days I don't have enough laundry to have to do any loads. But again, we are only four.

We stay caught up.

But don't ask me about mopping the floor. I haven't mopped in two months.

Ironic, I think, that I stopped by to read the forums as I procrastinate starting the wash...!

Like the postal worker, the laundry maven's job never ends. Unless, as someone's pointed out, everyone streaks for a while. Mine is not badly behind, but yesterday was the day to do it and my live-away kid was home with his. Today I get my turn.

Mine doesn't get too badly behind these days because I only do it for three of us - the big kids do their own. They get behind at their own peril, which is okay because they've reached the age where smelling nice and dressing smart has become important to them.

I do my best to do 1-2 loads of laundry daily.(one load is either towels or sheets and the other colors or whites/brights. I try not to do more laundry than I have time to fold and put away. If I stick to this I stay caught up.

Well, I would consider completely caught up as every single laundry basket in my house empty. That happens twice a week...for five minutes. Then Piper spills milk all over her shirt and Asher walks to the trampoline in his socks through the soggy yard and Jax kicks a soccer ball and knocks over a mug of hot chocolate that requires three towels to mop up. So, no, there's laundry in my baskets.

I am about 12 loads behind.

And have about 3 loads to put away.

I am always behind.

I hate laundry.

I don't have enough space to put it away when

it is clean. Need to throw out a bunch of clothes

that we don't wear anymore, to make room for the

clean clothes, so I can put the 3 loads away, to clear

the bench where everything is folded, so that I can keep

doing the 12 waiting loads.

Blah....

I was caught up last month, all but 2 loads, and then I got