Menu

She was music

nevergiveup

She was music.

She was more: She was Turkish rugs and garage sales. She was architectural digs and irises planted in the rock garden. She was sparkle tops and sparkly jewelry. She was carrot cake and dandelion pancakes and chocolate pie, lots of pie.

But she was also music.

She was The Man with the Golden Arm on the porch when we were kids, the Partridge Family on 45s played on the pink record player, the forbidden Cheech and Chong, Michael Franks. She was Buddha Bar and Johnnie Cash and Adele.

And she was more.

Toward the end I asked her what song she had playing in her head and she said, Amazing Grace.

She was Amazing Grace

In memory of my sister who died of brain cancer in September. She was 52.

Thank you all for your kind words.

She was my best friend. We were supposed to go through menopause together. I was always "Jamie's sister," and that was something to be proud of. Now I have to figure out who I am...

I was Nevergiveup but that does not fit anymore.

Thank you all for your kind words.

She was my best friend. We were supposed to go through menopause together. I was always "Jamie's sister," and that was something to be proud of. Now I have to figure out who I am...

I was Nevergiveup but that does not fit anymore.

You will still always be Jamie's sister to everyone who knew you like that. I'm sad for you, but so glad that she was your best friend. :grouphug: :grouphug: