Menu

----

130 members have voted

1. 1. If Santa brings gifts to your home, are they wrapped?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other- please explain

No, Santa doesn't wrap my kids' gifts. He doesn't even take them to the tree. Our faux fireplace is in the basement (our tree is upstairs in the living room). Santa doesn't want to lug everything upstairs! Each kid has a pile that is noticeably theirs (sometimes with help noticing from mom and dad). I think our Santa is just too lazy to wrap; but at least our Santa is better than our Tooth Fairy who has forgotten to even stop by once or twice!

Santa used to wrap the 3 gifts he left. Then Mrs. Claus finally persuaded him that having to have special Santa wrapping paper on hand just for this use was wasteful. It helps Mrs. Claus's argument that as Santa has gotten older he is less enthused about staying up all night wrapping and distributing gifts, and is more willing to skip a step.

Santa wraps the presents he gives in special wrapping paper that has Santa on it. He also fills the stockings but doesn't usually wrap anything in here. In theory, Santa is only allowed to bring 2-3 gifts per child, but it somehow works out to be more like 5 or 6. Sometimes there are very large or very awkwardly shaped gifts that he'll leave unwrapped but this is a rare event.

Santa fills the Christmas stocking with lots of little unwrapped things, and he also leaves two or three "special" santa gifts (usually things they asked him for) which he wraps.

We don't do Santa anymore, but when we did, the gifts (other than those in the stocking) were wrapped.

When I was a kid, Santa's gifts came wrapped in the same paper every year. It was a roll of wallpaper my frugal mom had acquired somehow and lasted for a long time. We always knew which gifts were from Santa.

I can't imagine walking into the room on Christmas morning and knowing at a glance what Santa brought. The anticipation is part of the fun. .

The kids knew the difference between what we gave to them and what Santa left because Santa's gifts were unwrapped. When the kids were younger, they got lots of stuff like coloring books, puzzles, new crayons and markers, board games and DVDs along with their bigger presents. I know someone who always wrapped Santa including every individual item in the stocking too. That just seemed like to much work for lazy me. :) I did always feel a bit jealous that Christmas morning excitement lasted longer for her too. But not enough to warrant me spending all that time and money to wrap everything.

We don't do Santa anymore, but when we did, the gifts (other than those in the stocking) were wrapped.

When I was a kid, Santa's gifts came wrapped in the same paper every year. It was a roll of wallpaper my frugal mom had acquired somehow and lasted for a long time. We always knew which gifts were from Santa.

I can't imagine walking into the room on Christmas morning and knowing at a glance what Santa brought. The anticipation is part of the fun. .

You can't imagine it because you haven't experienced it. There is plenty of anticipation and excitement on Christmas morning when Santa doesn't wrap gifts, too.

Our Santa isn't consistent. Sometimes gifts are wrapped, sometimes they're not.

That is just like our Santa. Some years things are wrapped and some years they aren't. He usually wraps the things in the stocking which is nice because it allows me to finish my coffee. Some years he must have forgotten to wrap even that. This year, we'll have to see.

You can't imagine it because you haven't experienced it. There is plenty of anticipation and excitement on Christmas morning when Santa doesn't wrap gifts, too.

The kids get hugely excited to see that they got what they asked for - mine only ask for 1 thing from Santa so it is a big deal. I wrap my presents for the kids on Christmas Eve after they go to bed so they get the big-impact first look of the tree.

Growing up Santa did not wrap. In our house Santa does wrap and usually brings all the gifts. This helps tremendously with begging to open presents early. This year their are 2 each under the tree because one is the same thing their cousins are getting so they will know it was me and the other they will also know is from me. Everything else is wrapped in Santa's special gift wrap. Red for dd and blue for DS. That way there is no need to write names on the package and the handwriting detectives won't catch on. :D

Never! Gifts from people are wrapped, gifts from Santa are unwrapped. Gifts from people are opened on Christmas Eve. Stockings and Santa gifts

come on Christmas morning.

This.

We open gifts from people Christmas Eve and we have to clean the living room so Santa has room to work. Santa usually brings a few highly desired gifts but nothing pricey, prepackaged or store bought. Granted, some things from Santa have been bought at a store but they never come in the box. They are always fully assembled and ready to play with and the box is never seen.

Stockings always have special Chistmas candy.

I chose other. When Santa came to our house, he did not wrap gifts meant for the children to share. They were placed under the tree, ready to play with. He wrapped individual gifts. When I overheard the boys discuss checking my handwriting against Santa's on the gift tags, I had gift tags printed -- one roll of Santa address labels per child that said To X, Love, Santa.

Everything gets wrapped in our house and the gifts don't come out until Christmas Eve night after everyone is in bed.

I love the idea of Santa gifts having special wrapping paper but my 16 year old (at a much older than usual age) was SO devastated to find out Santa wasn't real that I haven't been enthusiastic about really playing the Santa game. :( Which is unfortunate because it's so fun to play!

Father Christmas only fills stockings which are found on the foot of the family's beds in the morning. All other gifts are from individuals, including the dog.

Laura

In our house, Santa just does the stockings too. But we've never received anything from our pet. He is a cat, though, and just barely tolerates the holidays as it is.

Santa gives one big present, which is usually but not always wrapped. This year, for example, Colin is getting a train table which will not be wrapped, and Alex is getting an engineering kit which will be wrapped. Santa never wraps stocking presents, though.

We don't do Santa anymore, but when we did, the gifts (other than those in the stocking) were wrapped. When I was a kid, Santa's gifts came wrapped in the same paper every year. It was a roll of wallpaper my frugal mom had acquired somehow and lasted for a long time. We always knew which gifts were from Santa. I can't imagine walking into the room on Christmas morning and knowing at a glance what Santa brought. The anticipation is part of the fun. .

See, now, likewise I can't imagine not doing Santa at any point, ever, regardless of the ages of my kids. :D ;)

But there is a surprise: the opening of the stocking and the fishing about inside. Laura

:iagree: For my kids (and for myself as a child), the excitement of walking into the living room on Christmas morning knowing you would see in an instant whether Santa brought you what you most wanted for Christmas is the pinnacle of excitement. It is the act of walking in and seeing all the magic, taking it in as one scene, that makes the morning special. In fact, when our kids get up (and again, same for my childhood), no one goes into the living room alone. We wake each other up and gather together for the grand entry. Also, as Laura says, there are the stockings which contain some pretty primo presents themselves. Santa usually brings one big, highly coveted item (sometimes a themed set of smaller items) and fills stockings until they are overflowing. Of course, there are also wrapped gifts from family and friends, which make up the vast majority of presents we receive In fact, this year, DS9's big gift from DH and me will be more exciting to him than what he asked Santa for. He just doesn't know it yet. :tongue_smilie: And that is yet another part of the magic of Christmas. It is not all about Santa.

I'm not saying it's better not to wrap, but it certainly doesn't lack excitement or deprive them of the thrill of unwrapping presents. :)

At our house, Santa only leaves one gift. It's wrapped unless, er, Santa, thinks the gift is too bulky or difficult to wrap or just doesn't want to bother with it. The kids don't seem to mind either way. :)

When the children still believed, we used special wrapping paper; now I just use whatever is at hand.

This year, the wrapping is a part of the gift. Each child is getting a small gift wrapped in a t-shirt.

Cat

A little of both here. Growing up mine were unwrapped, DH's warped. Now things are unwrapped for toddlers down, but wraped otherwise (unless wrapping is too difficult like a bike or something).

So I don't have to hide the paper they select their Santa paper (must have Santa on it) to leave out on Christmas Eve with the milk and cookies.

We don't do Santa, but when I was growing up, the gifts from Santa were always mixed in with gifts from Mom and Dad under the tree. (Everything was put out on Christmas Eve after we were asleep.) I am not sure what age I was when I noticed that Santa used the same wrapping papers and had the same handwriting as my mom! :laugh:

Although we don't do Santa, I will label one or two of ds's gifts as "from Santa" just for fun. And he also gets gifts from each of our pet rabbits. They have excellent taste. :thumbup1:

Santa's gifts are not wrapped.

They are left in the stockings and underneath, on the hearth. Sometimes a big one is on the floor near the tree or on the coffee table. This year, Santa will leave an electric train set up around the tree!

All other gifts are wrapped. We always have enough wrapped ones to make the tree pretty. Some are to or from extended family. And you are right, kids do love to unwrap! Our kids are little and we still make sure each one has a large sized box to unwrap, because they seem to have so much delight in the size!

Santa wraps the gifts in the paper we leave out for him. LOL I can't afford to buy new paper every single year and we do NOT put unwrapped gifts under the tree!!

*edited to add: Each child has their gifts wrapped in ONE kind of wrapping paper. Santa leaves a snippet of wrapping paper with their name on it in the Christmas tree and they must find it to know which gifts are for them. :)

i chose other. we have done both. when they were very small, we wrapped them. then we stopped and left them unwrapped by the fireplace while the other gifts were under the tree (my kids get one present each from santa). but this year, we did wrap santa's gift to my son (last year we did not. lol). my daughter doesn't believe anymore, but she likes to play along. we wrapped her gift too :) no rhyme or reason whatsoever. not sure why santa is so inconsistent here!

ETA - oh. and santa does not do the stockings in our home.

Never! Gifts from people are wrapped, gifts from Santa are unwrapped. Gifts from people are opened on Christmas Eve. Stockings and Santa gifts

come on Christmas morning.

This is exactly how we do it. Santa used to wrap but one year we had oddly shaped items and he didn't wrap. We liked it that way. Each kid has stocking set out on the couch or love seat filled with stocking stuffers and then one or two bigger gifts set out with it. It is obvious who it belongs to. I didn't feel like we lost any of the anticipation. Something about seeing the gifts upon entering the living room in the morning is exciting, too. Seeing a new LEGO set by your stocking lit up only by the glow of Christmas lights. Haha.

We used to go to Mass on Christmas Eve but switched to Christmas morning a few years ago. Since we did that we opened family gifts on Christmas Eve. We don't have a ton of time in the morning so the kids just get their Santa stuff and then we go off the Mass. We visit family later in the day so it spreads out the opening.