Menu

Need hugs. My last 25 hours as Andrew's custodial mom...........

Joanne, I know you know this but, you may not be his custodial mother, for a season, but you'll always be his real, true, loving, capable, homeschooler, ultimate parent mother. You'll always be the one he refers to. He will never leave you behind. Your parenting is what got him going. It will be the reflexive style that he'll think of as 'normal' for his own children. When he has children of his own, he will remember all you did for him and with him, and he will be in awe. I'm sorry about this season, but I pray that it is merely a short one. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Joanne, I know you know this but, you may not be his custodial mother, for a season, but you'll always be his real, true, loving, capable, homeschooler, ultimate parent mother. You'll always be the one he refers to. He will never leave you behind. Your parenting is what got him going. It will be the reflexive style that he'll think of as 'normal' for his own children. When he has children of his own, he will remember all you did for him and with him, and he will be in awe. I'm sorry about this season, but I pray that it is merely a short one. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Very beautiful and true.

:iagree:

Yes, this. My oldest dd lived with my ex-husband from ages 5 to 14 (story not relevant in this thread). It was really difficult to be the noncustodial parent, but it didn't affect my relationship with my dd. In fact, I attribute the closeness we had to the situation, much to the dismay of her dad and stepmom. I sincerely hope that good things for you and your son come out of this situation as well. Will you be able to still talk with him every day? Maybe that would help?

You definitely deserve big :grouphug::grouphug:!

:iagree:

And :grouphug:

Thinking of you, dear one.

Joanne :grouphug:

Also wanted to say that your ds may not want to stay there for very long. All of us often think the grass is greener on the other side only to come to the conclusion that it is not. In other words I would not start painting his room pink...or something like that.

:grouphug: I can't imagine not saying good morning and good night each day to my child. Hopefully, this season of change will bring good things to both of you, even though it's hard now to see how that could be. I'm praying for God to comfort you and help you through the hurt and loss.

Joanne :grouphug:

Also wanted to say that your ds may not want to stay there for very long. All of us often think the grass is greener on the other side only to come to the conclusion that it is not. In other words I would not start painting his room pink...or something like that.

:iagree: Maybe this will be good for all of you in the long run.:grouphug: