Menu

First cuddle

I waited 18 days but I finally got my first cuddle of Adison this morning!

So exciting! They had warned me his body might not like it and the monitors might go nuts so he would have to go back in his incubator BUT, he was an angel, the monitors never made a peep. He loved his cuddle with his Mumma!

On another positive note he had his long line removed today so he is now receiving all his nourishment from my milk.

Awesome! I'm thrilled that you finally got to cuddle with Adison! That was one thing I loved about our NICU - if we wanted to hold Brianna we had to hold her for at least an hour! They wanted her to be moved as little as possible so we had to plan for a long cuddle time!

Wow on the line being out - B had stomach/intestinal issues so she had a PICC line in which she received IV feeds until she was 5 1/2 weeks old! She did have a NJ tube for the first 2 weeks but they also did IV nutrition, and then she had major intestinal issues so no feeds.

Sounds like he's doing wonderfully!

Aww, I can only imagine how it felt to finally hold him.:grouphug:

So exciting! They had warned me his body might not like it and the monitors might go nuts so he would have to go back in his incubator BUT, he was an angel, the monitors never made a peep. He loved his cuddle with his Mumma!

On another positive note he had his long line removed today so he is now receiving all his nourishment from my milk.

That is wonderful news! I enjoyed doing "kangaroo care" with my itty bitty babies. Francie, who stats where always bad in situations when they should have been good and vice versa, would have the best O2 stats when she was being held. Get lots of pictures.