Menu

What brand is your dishwasher?

ProudGrandma

Ours is a Samsung. It was builder provided with the house - the dishwasher, stove, and microwave were all from the builder and are all Samsung. It's fine. It cleans well, dries well, and is fairly quiet. It doesn't wow me but it does its job. 

I'd recommend that whatever brand you decide on, get one that has a 3rd rack on the top. It's great for larger utensils and weirdly shaped items. When we first moved in we often forgot it exists and while we loaded it we'd forget to unload it. Now that I'm used to it (3 yrs. later) I wouldn't want a dishwasher without one.

Kitchen Aid. It’s good. Super, super quiet and easy to load. Cleans very well. Our previous dishwasher was a Bosch. It was quiet (although not as quiet as the Kitchen Aid) and cleaned well but was impossible to load efficiently. 

Edited by Pawz4me
To correct brand. Duh, I forgot what I have!
  • Like 1

We have an Kenmore--it was in the house when we bought it.  I don't know how old it is--we have lived here for four years and it was "old" when we bought the house.  It is VERY quiet--so quiet that we sometimes have trouble telling if it is on or not.  It washes fairly well, but tends to take a long time to do a load (unless it is on quick wash).  

The rental house that we lived in before this house had a high-end Bosch--I was so excited.  But, it ended up that I hated that dishwasher.  My dishes didn't fit inthe rack no matter what I tried.  I stayed in an apartment with a half-size Bosch and I could get more in that half-size dishwasher than I could in the full-size Bosch.  So, I would definitely check out to see rack configuration and how it works with the times you usually wash.  

My favorite dishwasher had the utensil rack in the door which I really liked.

• Like 1

Bosch 850 series - from an actual appliance store, not a big box store.  Yes, there is a difference.

avoid kitchenaid like the plague.  My last dishwasher was a high end KA . . .  I wanted quiet, and was distracted from if it doesn't clean, who cares how quiet it is . . . I had to wash my dishes before they could go in the dishwasher.  I was cursing that thing within two months, but sending it back wasn't an option.  Never. again.

I did like my old GE Profile . . . it cleaned really well, had super flexible racks, but it was kinda noisy . . . It died. sniff sniff.  it served well.

But I love my Bosch . . . for two years after we got it, dh would say "Have I mentioned how much I like this dishwasher?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Kitchen Aid.   I like it and it cleans the dishes well. Plus, it fits my dishes even my large plates well.  And if I should ever need to repair it, easy to get parts.  

That's one reason we went with Kitchen Aid. When our Bosch died (through no fault of its own; a mouse chewed some wiring) it was only three or four years old. But the repairman told us it would cost almost as much as it was worth to fix it, and that was only IF he could even get the part, a wiring harness, that he needed. And he did say getting it would be a very, very big IF. Which kind of flabbergasted us considering it was only a few years old.

OP, this is the Kitchen Aid we have. I don't feel like that third rack is as much of a necessity as some do. It's handy to have, but I wouldn't really miss it if it weren't there. But there are only three of us here, we only run it once a day and it's rarely totally full. I do like having the control panel on the front, although that's just totally personal preference. And a SS interior is a must for me.

Edited by Pawz4me

Ours is a Bosch and I love it so much. It is the second Dw we have had in this house but it is a hundred million times superior to what we had before (a kitchenaid). It has the third rack, which we love for utensils and other small items. It is virtually soundless; I can’t tell if it’s running except to look for the indicator light. We have had this one for several years. The only problem we’ve had is that the tension strings on the sides of the door both broke, so you have to open and close it carefully; it will fall down otherwise. But we haven’t cared enough about that to fix it. 

• Like 1

Bosch. It came with the house and its old--IIRC the kitchen was renovated in the '90s. I've complained about it many times here and threatened to replace it more than once, but it keeps plugging on so I'll probably keep it until it dies.

I've mostly made peace with giving it what it needs in the meantime (totally pre-cleaned dishes only), because I know any new appliance won't last nearly this long and will have other quirks that will also annoy me. DS has a dishwasher that has an app, for goodness sake. I just can't, lol. 

Our Frigidaire is 5 years old and cleans like a champ. No pre-rinsing or anything. 
We wanted to love Bosch but the one we bought was a bust. Leaked like crazy, had to rinse dishes before putting them in, and where we lived at the time it was nearly impossible to find someone to repair it. 
We must have gotten a rare dud Bosch because everyone loves them. 

JennAir.  Came with the house. I’m very happy with it. Only non-brand specific advice:  go for quiet, get the third rack, and don’t worry about invisible controls.  They break faster and aren’t worth the addl expense unless you’re aiming for a House Beautiful photo shoot.  

Bosch. Love it. It cleans well. My only dishwasher ever, so nothing for comparison. I’ve had it 5 years and no problems. I’m told Bosch doesn’t dry well, BUT I have 4 kids that do.

Indont remember the series number or whatever, but it wasn’t the cheapest or the most expensive one.

Edited by Elizabeth86

4 hours ago, mominco said:

Whirlpool (replaced our builder grade Whirlpool)during the pandemic so there was limited options available. I love the utensil rack being on the door and the 3rd rack, Nothing else about it is good.

We had a kitchenaid that died way too quickly and the company sold us a nice Whirlpool (does KitchenAid make Whirlpool) at a discount because of the KA issue.  We really like it.  It's quiet and does a good job.  

High end KitchenAid, which is awesome.  I tried my pots and plates in a Bosch based on feedback here, and the slanted tines made it impossible to load some of my stuff.  Also, the salesperson felt that the KitchenAid was easier to get repaired if necessary.  Make sure to get the one that can be programmed to heat the water if you need that.  We did and it’s been crucial.

Also, I looked at Miele, which is very high end, but decided I didn’t want to have to clean out the filter.  The KA has a self cleaning filter.