Menu

Sorry stupid idea

Drama Llama

Maybe a soft green like Clary Sage from SW. I was going to say light blue, too. 🙂 

If you already have a lot of color in your house, would something neutral be an option? My daughter’s room is BM Gray Owl with an accent wall that is a very dark charcoal gray. 

• Like 2

My favorite bedroom color is SW Sea Salt, which is a grayish-blueish-green that changes a lot in different light. BM Healing Aloe is similar but very slightly greener. Very soothing and pretty with white trim, and also looks great with all wood tones.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 6.59.45 PM.png

Edited by Corraleno
add photo
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

My favorite bedroom color is SW Sea Salt, which is a grayish-blueish-green that changes a lot in different light. BM Healing Aloe is similar but very slightly greener. Very soothing and pretty with white trim, and also looks great with all wood tones.

I totally lov d this color when you showed it to me.  In the light in my area it went flat dull gray.  I found a completely different color in another band that presented itself as the color in your photo tho. ☺️ and I love it. 

paint big swatches !!!!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

15 minutes ago, Resilient said:

I totally lov d this color when you showed it to me.  In the light in my area it went flat dull gray...paint big swatches !!!!

Absolutely! In the lighting of my house, I have this exact same Sherwin-Williams Sea Salt in two rooms; in one room with more light, it is almost the same color as in that photo, but in another room that gets less light, it is a bit darker and greener. Absolutely you MUST put paint on your walls to see what it will actually look like in your real situation!

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Resilient said:

I totally lov d this color when you showed it to me.  In the light in my area it went flat dull gray.  I found a completely different color in another band that presented itself as the color in your photo tho. ☺️ and I love it. 

1 hour ago, Lori D. said:

Absolutely! In the lighting of my house, I have this exact same Sherwin-Williams Sea Salt in two rooms; in one room with more light, it is almost the same color as in that photo, but in another room that gets less light, it is a bit darker and greener. Absolutely you MUST put paint on your walls to see what it will actually look like in your real situation!

I used Sea Salt full strength In my south-facing laundry room, where it looks great, but in my east-facing bedroom it looked dull gray, so I had Sherwin Williams mix it with a lower tint (maybe 50%?) which came out exactly like the photo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Corraleno said:

Eta: I just saw your second comment on sea salt. Totally agree—depends on lighting.

I love those colors, too. We painted another dd’s room (her home at college) sea salt. I will say… it was lighter—more subtle than I was expecting. Another similar color I have used in a bedroom is called rainwashed by SW. it’s a slightly deeper silvery blue green. We had Dd3’s bedroom painted that color when we had dd4’s painted gray owl. I chose rainwashed for our master bedroom in a previous house. Still Love it. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Corraleno said:

Is this your bedroom? Beautiful room. 

8 hours ago, klmama said:

I like warmer colors, so IMHO a nice cream is best.    

Same. I'm a die hard fan of warm beige or cream. Super relaxing. 

I tried Sea Salt in one of our rooms and it set my nerves jangling. I could feel myself tensing up every time I walked in that room. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it for those who like it, just that colors really do affect us, and everybody has to figure out what works for them.

• Like 7

I don't remember what it is called, and am too lazy to go look it up. But when we moved into our house, we painted the master in the lightest sage in that set. It looks almost white (you'd never walk in and say, "Oh, this is sage") except in comparison to the white trim, so it's very subtle. It is such a lovely, restful room. Currently, I might would go with one shade darker, but I still love it as is. 

• Like 1

The colors I really like(d). For my the master bedroom, eucalyptus.  I did have New England yellow in the main areas  but got tired of it and now have a beige, slightly yellow neutral.  My daughters bedroom had a beautiful spring lavender from valspar until she felt she outgrew it and changed it to a light blue/grey.  My all time favorite is Sherwin Williams Clary sage I have in my kitchen.

• Like 1

I agree that so much depends on you, your house, and your lighting. I had a long, long streak of loving blue/green/grey like the Sea Salt, Comfort Grey, and other colors mentioned above....but one of the houses I stayed in this summer had a soft marigold yellow bedroom and a soft coral bedroom (probably pretty close to Benjamin Moore Sunlit Coral but a bit deeper) and they really worked for the house and decor.

Pick what makes your heart sing and feels like a refuge to you. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Is this your bedroom? Beautiful room. 

No, I wish I had that many windows and that much light!  The overall vibe of my room is very similar to the photo, though: Sea Salt walls, white trim & ceiling, white linen curtains, white linen bedding plus a cotton quilt in a Sea Salt color a shade darker than the walls, antique night tables, a Persian-style rug (muted blue-green, off-white, beige, tan), and a set of antique prints of birds eggs in the same shades as the rug. It's my favorite room in the house because it's upstairs and faces the backyard so it's totally private and when I'm sitting in bed all I see are trees, sky, and birds.

• Like 5

Blues and beiges (some griege, but definitely warmer side). If I knew how to choose good greens, I would like those.

For something besides a beige, I like to choose textiles first and then get paint that looks good with it.

Lighting rules it all. I tape several paint chips together and check them all around the room multiple times during the day and evening. I had paint once that was gorgeous at night and was a totally different color the rest of the day (pea soup). It was really sad, sigh. 

I love dramatic colors in cozy spaces. My master has a dark purpley- brown color accent wall. This isn’t my room in the pix but the feeling is similar. Warm taupe/ creamy walls and similar color lush bedding. Padded headboard, outdoor statuary on walls, dark earthy green drapes. Cobalt blue vase with large peachy-pink flowers. The dark colors are all earthy and because they are all muted don’t stand out on their own. Lots of plants and decor from nature. Large art on one wall is black and cream floral painting. Dd says it is Mid-Summer’s Night theme…. She is right. It has really does have a feeling of being outdoors at twilight. image.thumb.jpeg.cd30c1e8e0929c5c6b07199ab41d313a.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tap said:

I love dramatic colors in cozy spaces. My master has a dark purpley- brown color accent wall. This isn’t my room in the pix but the feeling is similar. Warm taupe/ creamy walls and similar color lush bedding. Padded headboard, outdoor statuary on walls, dark earthy green drapes. Cobalt blue vase with large peachy-pink flowers. The dark colors are all earthy and because they are all muted don’t stand out on their own. Lots of plants and decor from nature. Large art on one wall is black and cream floral painting. Dd says it is Mid-Summer’s Night theme…. She is right. It has really does have a feeling of being outdoors at twilight. image.thumb.jpeg.cd30c1e8e0929c5c6b07199ab41d313a.jpeg

I love this, whenever I decide to paint my family room.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:57 PM, Corraleno said:

Sea salt.  I've painted more rooms this color than I can readily recall.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, catz said:

For me this depends on the period of your house, your trim, your furniture, windows/lighting, your bedding?  

But if we're picking randomly, I'm going with a sage green.

I did my dad's apartment in Sherwin Williams Sea Salt and it was very pretty.   I may need to find a room to paint that color in my new house.

ETA:  I didn't see responses until after I posted.....yes to Sea Salt!   And yes to it being because of you people!

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1

I have Sea Salt in my living room.  I love the way it changes throughout the day. When I looked up colors to go with it I found Divine White.  It's not white, but a nice, warm cream that's not yellow.  I put that in my kitchen. (I think I had them change the saturation a few times before it was just right for me.)  It's nice with a white trim and is both light and warm.  

I want to repaint my guestroom, but I think I've hit my quota of blue and green rooms.  I'll have to do something else in there.  I can't decide.  It face southwest.

ETA:  It occurs to me that I don't have any white rooms in my house and it might be nice in a guest room.  I can load it up with plants too . . . maybe go a llittle boho chic.

Edited by KungFuPanda

So I like the sea salt. One of our kid's BR has similar but slightly less gray undertones, along with a slightly darker very-light-teal on the ceiling. The second kid BR has a super-light grayish blue called ice or igloo or similar; ds picked it out.  

I'd like a variation on Sea salt that was blue-based, instead of green-based. any recommendations? I'm Team Blue, not team green.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Drama Llama changed the title to What indoor paint colors do you like the best? (Getting desperate! Editing original post)
10 minutes ago, Drama Llama said:

The Swiss Coffee?

It's fine right?  I should just buy that and be done?

That is a perfect color that will allow you to decorate and redecorate and not have to change paint color. I think it will reflect light really well, too. Yes, be done. 🙂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Calm37 said:

That is a perfect color that will allow you to decorate and redecorate and not have to change paint color. I think it will reflect light really well, too. Yes, be done. 🙂

I have never decorated a thing in my life, unless you count moving the legos to a surface so they don't get stepped on as decorating.  I'm not doing it twice.  

• Like 1

I like the one you posted. It's lovely. I agree that I'd take out the blue and just give it a fresh look. If blue is a color you love, change the shade, maybe go lighter. I was a little off-base in the one I mentioned for our master ; I found our paint cards. It is Valspar's 6008-1B, Shoreline Haze. It is neutral enough to go with almost anything. The others on the card, Country Whitewash 1A, and Soft Stones, 1C, are also lovely. You need something light in a small bedroom so that it doesn't close in on you, and it will also feel more cheerful.

42 minutes ago, Drama Llama said:

I have never decorated a thing in my life, unless you count moving the legos to a surface so they don't get stepped on as decorating.  I'm not doing it twice.  

Yes, I absolutely do count that. Legos will go great with that color! 🙂 Decorating for me is usually throwing a new pillow or two on my 26yo couch.