Menu

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DawnM

Such wonderful news!  Congrats...I hope things work out decently with the other seller.  At one point in our house-buying journey, our realtor picked up the phone to seller's realtor and talked turkey with her about allowing the seller to be a jerk, because it would cost them the sale, including the other realtor's commission. Sigh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

Such wonderful news!  Congrats...I hope things work out decently with the other seller.  At one point in our house-buying journey, our realtor picked up the phone to seller's realtor and talked turkey with her about allowing the seller to be a jerk, because it would cost them the sale, including the other realtor's commission. Sigh.

Unfortunately, these folks are essentially FSBO and dont' have an agent.

3 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Yeah I didn't think there was one, just joking.  But hey it is selling and that is the imporant thing.

Oh, hahaha, and yes, absolutely!   I don't care if we only get one offer as long as it sells the house.   I don't even care if I am someone's 2nd or 3rd choice, as long as it sells!

• Like 6

Just now, Halftime Hope said:

Yup, I remember that. It's hard, and it will really come down to what you can do to persuade them, doesn't it. I'll definitely pray for this new need.

I think if we have a firm offer and we are in escrow, they will agree to sign it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Yea!!! So excited for you! And a little funny: I was wondering what a "10 out of 10" closing was

when it finally hit me that you mean Oct 10. My mind is working a little slowly this morning.🤪

I had a boyfriend before DH whose birthday was 10/10 and I will never forget it.   The only issue is that DH's birthday is also October and I often forget the date.....I mean, I remember it before the actual birthday, but 10/10 is easy to remember......I wish I didn't even ever think of my ex-boyfriend, he was the one guy I dated who was a total loser. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wintermom said:

That's fantastic news!! So happy for you and your family. Will the school locations work out now with the timing of this sale? I can't remember whether you ds had to change schools or not. 

All the best with the move!

We changed.   We will just change back after the move so we can have transportation.    He is really struggling in school and I think the new one is a better fit for him, so we are hopeful.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DawnM said:

We changed.   We will just change back after the move so we can have transportation.    He is really struggling in school and I think the new one is a better fit for him, so we are hopeful.

I Knew that would probably happen. 

eta: I meant about changing schools and then getting a buyer.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, GoodGrief3 said:

I’ve been following your situation because we were selling at the same time. SO excited for you, and a full price CASH offer is just WOW

Yes, although there are going to be some things we need to pay that aren't even in the listing....which will hopefully be less than $10k....including the land next door we are waiting to close on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harriet Vane said:

Any updates?

It looks like we are good to go.   That parcel next to us that we are purchasing has turned into a fiasco.   And it will cost us an additional $2,500 to purchase and annex on to our property.   UGH.   So it will be $8,000 total instead of $5,500.   Kind of irritated about that.   The buyers offered full price but we need to take the new property off that amount as we never asked for more.   

I think we will be looking at a total of $20k out of pocket to get the house sold.   Grrr.....

Sellers will sign with proof of our house under contract, so hopefully that will happen today.

Inspection tomorrow.   We will see what horrors that brings.....🤣   We anticipate them saying something about the coping around the pool, which needs to be replaced.   I am guessing another $5k out of the window.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Seller of the house we are trying to buy is refusing to sign the closing extension unless we pay an additional $10k which we will not do.   OY!   

Sellers are in breach of contract anyway, so we may go after them and try to get our $$ back and find another house.   I am so done with dealing with all of the mess.

Inspectors came today and the pool may be an issue and another $15k to fix.   

None of this has been smooth sailing.   

So frustrated.

• Sad 14

35 minutes ago, Annie G said:

I don’t understand sellers like that. You have a buyer and are moving towards closing. How do they think they’re going to close faster by starting over?!  
I’m sorry it’s been such a hassle. 

They are being *sshats.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Annie G said:

I don’t understand sellers like that. You have a buyer and are moving towards closing. How do they think they’re going to close faster by starting over?!  
I’m sorry it’s been such a hassle. 

Some sellers are crazy.   When I was looking to buy I put in a Full Price CASH offer in a place and the lady turned my offer down.   She was hoping for a bidding war with a friend of mine (we were both being displaced by a highway project).   Instead my friends refused to put in an offer (we had agreed not to bid against each other) and by the time the lady reconsidered I had found a nicer house and had my offer accepted on that one……in the end she ended up going into foreclosure and losing her house…..when. She could have taken a full price cash offer.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

Some sellers are crazy.   When I was looking to buy I put in a Full Price CASH offer in a place and the lady turned my offer down.   She was hoping for a bidding war with a friend of mine (we were both being displaced by a highway project).   Instead my friends refused to put in an offer (we had agreed not to bid against each other) and by the time the lady reconsidered I had found a nicer house and had my offer accepted on that one……in the end she ended up going into foreclosure and losing her house…..when. She could have taken a full price cash offer.

That is indeed crazy!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

Yeah, we don't get it.  These folks listed the house with a realtor but only paid the $5k for the listing and beyond that it is essentially a FSBO.   They don't know what they are doing and the house has been on and off the market for a year.   

Our realtor told them that they can put the house back on the market and give us our $$ back or sign the dang paper.

Quite frankly, I don't care if they back out, as long as we get our $$ back.   

• Like 4