Menu

Final update in OP! Started new job! (Was The job search continues and Can I get some prayers, good thoughts, sympathy?)

dirty ethel rackham

• dirty ethel rackham changed the title to UPDATE #2! The job search continues (was Can I get some prayers, good thoughts, sympathy?)

Ugh, I am sorry the job didn't turn out to be the one you want.  I hope that it moves you closer to the job of your dreams. 

That is interesting about you doing better at your current job since you started looking.  Like the pressure got taken off and now you don't have that riding on you all the time.  

I’m sorry this new job doesn’t sound like it’s what you’re looking for — I hope the next one will be better. One good thing about this latest one is that you’re getting good interview practice, and you don’t even want the job, so it’s ok if you made some mistakes you can learn from, so you will be even more polished in the next one (that might mean a lot more to you.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the second update.  I'm glad you are able to step back and look at the positives - feeling better with your current job and good about the fact that you aren't desperate for a job now and can wait until you find the best fit.  Hang in there - job hunting is tough and then suddenly it all works out for the best sometimes.  You just have to be patient - easier said than done, I know.

• Like 4

I am really proud of you - it takes wisdom and maturity to listen to those intuitive feelings to know when something’s not going to be right. Many people would just plunge right along and then have to disentangle themselves later. 

The right job is coming! We will all rejoice with you when it finds you. 

• Like 2

• dirty ethel rackham changed the title to UPDATE #3! The job search continues (was Can I get some prayers, good thoughts, sympathy?)

Thanks for the update. I hope the job with the former classmate ends up as wonderful as it sounds. I'm so mad on your behalf about them taking the new grad and training them when they wouldn't bother to do the same for you. As I said before I can only think it is ageism or maybe nepotism. You need out of there. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2022 at 10:26 PM, dirty ethel rackham said:

Meanwhile, back at my vascular dream job at the clinic where they hired a brand new grad ... she started last week and I had my first day at the same site as her.  She seems nice, but really green.  And I happened to see this packet they have her working through ... a well-thought out plan of training her on everything she needs to know with lots of scaffolding.  And I was pissed.  I never got that much hand-holding or scaffolding, not even as a student.  So many holes in my training that she won't have. 

Oh, wow!

10 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

I am glad to hear your update, Ellen. I am praying that the dream job works. For that long commute, would you be able to take the train? I find it makes a big difference if I can do my own thing on a train rather than driving.

I wish.  But it is at Mt Sinai.  A 2 hour commute each way on public transportation.  And some of the areas are pretty sketchy if I have to be there late. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

I wish.  But it is at Mt Sinai.  A 2 hour commute each way on public transportation.  And some of the areas are pretty sketchy if I have to be there late. 

That is utterly brutal. Sorry. I hope the staffing and lack of call pressure provides enough relief to enjoy the job. And I hope you thoroughly enjoy podcasts and Audible books in your driving time. 

• Like 2

• dirty ethel rackham changed the title to UPDATE #4! The job search continues (was Can I get some prayers, good thoughts, sympathy?)