Menu

Final update in OP! Started new job! (Was The job search continues and Can I get some prayers, good thoughts, sympathy?)

dirty ethel rackham

On 10/2/2022 at 9:26 PM, dirty ethel rackham said:

Now, my stomach is in knots about giving notice at my other 2 jobs.  I keep telling myself that their staffing issues are not my problem.  I just need to make sure that I can arrange it so that I can give enough notice to not burn bridges.

Thanks for all you support on this difficult journey. 

I'll tell you too: Their staffing issues are NOT YOUR PROBLEM. Work out your notice, but don't feel guilty about finding a better job. That is the way the job market is supposed to work.

• Like 2

Congratulations on seeing the need for change and hanging in there, growing through the process as well as on GETTING THE JOB!!

I got a new writing client and I am feeling some of those same feelings of insecurity: new apps to learn, new terminology in marketing vs. what I was doing before, new people, tons of online meetings (hating how I look on camera), etc. I hope you fit smoothly into your new position and can find ways to make the most of the commute time.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:26 PM, dirty ethel rackham said:

Now, my stomach is in knots about giving notice at my other 2 jobs.  I keep telling myself that their staffing issues are not my problem.  I just need to make sure that I can arrange it so that I can give enough notice to not burn bridges.

Thanks for all you support on this difficult journey. 

THEIR STAFFING ISSUES ARE NOT YOUR PROBLEM. This is the entire healthcare industry right now. I can't express enough to you just how much their staffing issues are not your problem. Give them 2 weeks. That is industry standard. Do not let them guilt you into a minute more, for the love of God. And no getting talked into staying on per diem!! 

Congratulations on the job offer! Please do counter them on that hourly wage. Don't undervalue yourself. They're not going to take away the offer. 

• Like 6

• dirty ethel rackham changed the title to Final update in OP! Started new job! (Was The job search continues and Can I get some prayers, good thoughts, sympathy?)

Ellen, good for you!!! I'm glad you left that dead-end job. You read the room correctly and you have moved on and moved up. I'm tickled pink that this transition has worked out and I'm ecstatic that you will not have that nasty call schedule to cope with anymore. Waaaaaay better to enjoy audiobooks on a long commute rather than lose a ton of sleep being perpetually on call. 

• Like 2

I am so glad you have a chance to start at a new place, and I really hope it all goes well!

DH has been in positions where he was at a disadvantage or placed in one by different but similar things. It's really frustrating when it happens. It sounds like this job will be a better fit that way.

All the best!!!