Menu

Prayers please - back to cautiously good news

lauraw4321

• lauraw4321 changed the title to Prayers please - surgical update first post

I'm so relieved. There were people all over the US praying for her. I thought about the fact that if she had lived in most parts of the world, there would be no hope at all. Not only was there hope, but this team of amazing doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, techs, etc. worked together to deal with an extremely rare, extremely life-threatening situation, develop a plan, and proceed even though it was risky. To think that she may come out of this with no lasting harm? It's almost too good to believe. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, lauraw4321 said:

I'm so relieved. There were people all over the US praying for her. I thought about the fact that if she had lived in most parts of the world, there would be no hope at all. Not only was there hope, but this team of amazing doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, techs, etc. worked together to deal with an extremely rare, extremely life-threatening situation, develop a plan, and proceed even though it was risky. To think that she may come out of this with no lasting harm? It's almost too good to believe. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

And that she caught it and went to the hospital.  Everything worked out perfectly this time, so amazing. 

• Like 1

• lauraw4321 changed the title to Prayers please - bad update

Have the doctors said what might have caused the loss of feeling? Temporary swelling perhaps? My niece has had several brain surgeries. Two were terrible and one was almost a non-issue. But even the worst effects have improved and some of the effects completely resolved within the first few months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• lauraw4321 changed the title to Prayers please
  • lauraw4321 changed the title to Prayers please - back to cautiously good news

Neurological complications are scary. Praying that her mom will get some rest and that recovery will progress in the right direction. Does her mom have to leave the hospital to shower, or are they allowing her to shower on campus somewhere? (I know children's hospitals are better about this, but we were able to shower in our son's ICU room and his regular room this summer--big help!!!) 

• Like 1