Menu

Are these ugly shoes to anyone else?

DawnM

I can see why they'd be on super sale. They are not a typical shoe design - more of a purse style leather weave. I would be concerned about that weave design as being probably uncomfortable, less durable, and possibly not air or water tight.  The ruffle around the top is bizarre and could also rub on the ankle.

I think if your quest is really comfortable shoes, then I'd look elsewhere. 

Edited by wintermom

I could do it.

I am currently wearing the weirdest ugliest shoes.

My new running shoes ripped on a seam. I was going to return them, but my dad said he could fix them good as new. ... well that meant gluing a large piece of brown fabric over the entire front of the shoe. I complained that it wasn't as good as new, and he did the other side to match.

I now call them my poop kickers since it looks like I have been kicking piles of poo with both my feet.

• Like 6

I could do it.

I am currently wearing the weirdest ugliest shoes.

My new running shoes ripped on a seam. I was going to return them, but my dad said he could fix them good as new. ... well that meant gluing a large piece of brown fabric over the entire front of the shoe. I complained that it wasn't as good as new, and he did the other side to match.

I now call them my poop kickers since it looks like I have been kicking piles of poo with both my feet.

That's awful! LOL!

I think they are terrible. Sorry. They look like something a very elderly person might wear. If someone else wore them and the person was not very elderly, I would be surprised but not judge, though. I really don't care kind of shoes other people wear and would assume you had reasons. 

Even classic old lady shoes like these are cuter.

I think they would look absolutely adorable and endearing on a free-spirited elderly grandma.

But then everyone would take one look at her shoes and start whispering among themselves that poor Grandma must be getting dementia. ;)

My mom was in her 80's when she passed away, and she would have never been caught in "sensible shoes," and she would have laughed at the shoes Dawn showed us. :) I guess Mom was more fashion conscious than free-spirited. :D

• Like 3

Sorry, but those are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. Crocs included. Don't do it!

• Like 1

But then everyone would take one look at her shoes and start whispering among themselves that poor Grandma must be getting dementia. ;)

My mom was in her 80's when she passed away, and she would have never been caught in "sensible shoes," and she would have laughed at the shoes Dawn showed us. :) I guess Mom was more fashion conscious than free-spirited. :D

My maternal grandmother (born 1922) switched to ballet flats only after knee surgery and painful arthritis in her back forced her to when she was in her very late 70s.  She considered ballet flats old lady shoes. The shoes the OP posted Grandmother would've considered an abomination. She only had 3 classifications of women's shoes:

1. cute (heels, various colors, embellishments)

2. old lady (ballet flats,ked type athletic shoes)

3. abominations (plain, ugly, square heels, boxy shapes, etc.)

• Like 2

I laughed out loud when I clicked the link. But if it makes you feel any better, I thought my Muzinos were ugly (crazy color scheme) and bought them because I was desperate for proper footwear. They have grown on me and I've even had a few compliments. I need to replace them as they have worn out and I'd consider a similar pair again. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SPl6HvX6nh8/maxresdefault.jpg

We went to Homeschool Day at Disneyland about 10 years ago.  It's customary to wear tie dye to identify yourself as a homeschooler on those days.  I couldn't bring myself to do it, so we all wore shirts that said something about homeschooling.  No way am I wearing those shoes.  Homeschoolers don't need that kind of press.

• Like 4

We went to Homeschool Day at Disneyland about 10 years ago.  It's customary to wear tie dye to identify yourself as a homeschooler on those days.  I couldn't bring myself to do it, so we all wore shirts that said something about homeschooling.  No way am I wearing those shoes.  Homeschoolers don't need that kind of press.

:rofl:

Soooo I took some time to look at the website and I'm a little bit in love with these in red.  Am I nuts?

Oh, and since you're already clicking links, be sure to enjoy this (or similar summer version).

Not nuts. I like those too.

The second ones would be good for the Ren Faire, I guess. Or for certain fantasy lovers I've known. They're not ugly exactly, just weird. And if they were someone's kind of weird, well then, okay.

• Like 3

Soooo I took some time to look at the website and I'm a little bit in love with these in red.  Am I nuts?

Oh, and since you're already clicking links, be sure to enjoy this (or similar summer version).

I think with a simple red or white top or a red and white small scale printed top worn with denim bottoms those shoes are adorable.

The others are for Halloween.

My eyes are burning... for the second and third links. I think the first ones are cute, though I like some of the other prints better.

Edited by whitestavern

Oh, and so you all know, the next Homeschool Day at Disneyland is in January of 2018. https://www.evensi.us/homeschool-day-at-disneyland-disneyland-resort/207132863

My personal experience was that people show up late for the photo and no one can figure out on their own that those in front should be sitting, those in the middle should be kneeling and those in the back should be standing.  They cannot spontaneously form lines like institutional school peers, so plan to lose a lot more time than you think it should take getting the photo taken.

• Like 1

So now I'm thinking WTM Disneyland trip. Everyone buys a pair of these shoes so we can be comfortable and spot one another in crowd.

And everyone will leave you alone.  Ha.