Menu

Deleting title for privacy

Only me

I am making this group private again. I hope everyone was able to join the group who wanted to. Of course you are still welcome to join or tell others but will need to send me a message and then I will send you an invite..

Edited by Only me
  • Like 6

You can see post titles and a summary if you hover over the topic.  You cannot click on the thread and read anything more.  At least this has been the case for me.  Post titles show up from private groups when I click "View New Content"

Edited:  I may be wrong on that...I can't see any private boards at the moment.  I know in the past I've seen posts that showed up like that above, but when I clicked on the post it said it was a private group that I had not joined.  

Edited by The Girls' Mom

You can see post titles and a summary if you hover over the topic.  You cannot click on the thread and read anything more.  At least this has been the case for me.  Post titles show up from private groups when I click "View New Content"

Edited:  I may be wrong on that...I can't see any private boards at the moment.  I know in the past I've seen posts that showed up like that above, but when I clicked on the post it said it was a private group that I had not joined.  

At one point in time, I could read all of the posts on one of the private social groups on Tapatalk. I've since deleted the app, so I don't know if that's still the case. (I notified the owner of the group to tell her.)

Is there a way to tell how private it is? I followed the directions to set it up as private but it was a bit confusing. I've had people send me Pm's to join but I'm assuming that's the only way people can see what is posted in the group. I don't want it searchable from a search engine. I thought it was just members of the group who could see anything. Also I didn't see how to set up a link.

To confirm how private you have everything set to, if you like I could periodically try to search a topic.  Can you create your first topic and let me know the topic title and content?  Just as a test run.  The settings can be tricky.  There are two or three different areas you have to select super private settings or people can still see topic headings.

To confirm how private you have everything set to, if you like I could periodically try to search a topic. Can you create your first topic and let me know the topic title and content? Just as a test run. The settings can be tricky. There are two or three different areas you have to select super private settings or people can still see topic headings.

Thank you. I have a post with a title of online dating. I'm not sure what you meant by content but I asked a question about my daughter's situation with online dating.

I have one adult child, but he is still in college. How "adult" do they need to be?

Yeah, wondering this, too. My "adult" child is still a dependant. But I think the group is a good idea.

Yeah, wondering this, too. My "adult" child is still a dependant. But I think the group is a good idea.

Really it doesn't matter. Mine are 18-24. I just thought it would be a good private place to discuss some issues pertaining to that age group. Those who have gone it before might have ideas for the rest of us.

• Like 4

I have one adult daughter and another that will be an adult this year. I'd like to be added, please.

I am trying to add you but it won't let me. It won't let me send you a message either. Can anyone help me? I type in her user name in the invite. After typing in a few letters her name shows up. I click on it and it says she doesn't exist. I know I have the spelling and capitalization correct.

Has it been determined that the group is truly private?

I set all the settings to private. I am new to this but according to the settings it can't be searched from a different source and you need to be invited to join the group. I don't see it listed under the social groups. It should only show up for those who are actually in the group. Another member of the WTM board has tried to search for it too to make sure it is private and she cannot find it either.