Menu

please send positive thoughts my way

Melissa in Australia

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping this is going well for you. I can't believe that just because some paperwork expired they would traumatize these poor kids who have been through so much. It's not like he suddenly became unfit to care for them. This is stupid bureaucracy which he's going to get taken care of in a matter of weeks. What is 3 weeks of not having the right paperwork vs. 3 weeks of these boys not being with their parents? :(

• Like 4

So I have just heard form the case manager. She hasn't heard anything. It is the end of the working day. She said it has gone right to the CEO of the Placement agency and it is such a serious thing that the placement agency could loose it's registration. I am guessing the reason I haven't heard anything is because the CEO has got lawyers involved. but Case manger says she will think positive and may be the CEO doesn't think it urgent. Edited to add it is one of the biggest fostering agencies in the state.

The whole thing is so utterly ridiculous. Talk about making a huge deal about nothing much.

The advocacy organization confirmed everything  and added that Child protection has also written supporting not moving the twins. They said that nothing more can be done but wait for the CEO decision.

it is so absolutely awful so awful, I cannot believe it at all.

• Like 7

Oh my... I only just saw this thread, had skimmed past it not having realized who the poster was.

I am absolutely sick for you and your boys.... This is one of those horror stories you read and think 'yeah, but that never happens' or 'yeah but there must be more to the story'. We know there's nothing more here, just paperwork and bureaucracy at it's worst. 

Could I ask, why might the placement agency lose it's registration? For not realizing he was without his WWC? It all seems so extreme, Yes, someone has screwed up here, multiple people, but surely common sense has to come into play eventually... But, what am I saying, of course it wont, I've had my own involvement with DHS and it's various connections. Australia might be slower to take children away than other countries (sometimes to a fault!), but once they're in the system, it is so, terribly, broken here. 

You have prayers here from me and my husband. I wish I lived close enough to offer some real help. At least everyone except the people who screwed up seem to be on your side. You have a good case, there's no possible way anyone could rationally argue that removal is in the best interests of those boys. You just need someone with power to see that. 

• Like 1

Good luck, Melissa. I hope you don't have to live with this stress for too long. Can I suggest you contact your state member of parliament and discuss it with them? It may be helpful to have them onside if you have to fight the decision.

D

• Like 2

What would they do in the case of children suddenly left parentless, so they could go into the home of next-of-kin or close friend?  There must be some sort of emergency provision that allows people to keep kids in their home while they do the paperwork.

Hoping sense and compassion prevail.

• Like 2

God what an awful, horrible situation! Many caring thoughts going your way that the boys will remain with you as all reason and logic would dictate, and that these hoops of beurocracy will quickly evaporate.

• Like 1

Oh my... I only just saw this thread, had skimmed past it not having realized who the poster was.

I am absolutely sick for you and your boys.... This is one of those horror stories you read and think 'yeah, but that never happens' or 'yeah but there must be more to the story'. We know there's nothing more here, just paperwork and bureaucracy at it's worst. 

Could I ask, why might the placement agency lose it's registration? For not realizing he was without his WWC? It all seems so extreme, Yes, someone has screwed up here, multiple people, but surely common sense has to come into play eventually... But, what am I saying, of course it wont, I've had my own involvement with DHS and it's various connections. Australia might be slower to take children away than other countries (sometimes to a fault!), but once they're in the system, it is so, terribly, broken here. 

You have prayers here from me and my husband. I wish I lived close enough to offer some real help. At least everyone except the people who screwed up seem to be on your side. You have a good case, there's no possible way anyone could rationally argue that removal is in the best interests of those boys. You just need someone with power to see that. 

I am not sure but I think because they allowed children in care to be left in a house with an adult who doesn't have a currant WWC

I rang WWC office again today. and they processed it super quick. So DH now has a WWC . :hurray:  :hurray: :hurray:  

placement agency hasn't rung us at all today (So far).

DH will be putting in an official complaint about the absolutely awful way they have treated us. They go on and on about how great they are on supporting carers. We have not found that at all. Both DH and I have been crying and crying for days. the stress on the family has been unbelievable.

• Like 46

I rang WWC office again today. and they processed it super quick. So DH now has a WWC . :hurray:  :hurray: :hurray:  

DH will be putting in an official complaint about the absolutely awful way they have treated us. They go on and on about how great they are on supporting carers. We have not found that at all. Both DH and I have been crying and crying for days. the stress on the family has been unbelievable.

Yay! Does this mean that you are all in the clear now or do you have to wait for some other official action? You have been on my mind today.

Yay! Does this mean that you are all in the clear now or do you have to wait for some other official action? You have been on my mind today.

we don't know.

we are hoping we will be all in the clear.

the range of emotions we are feeling is indescribable. I do not want to ring placement agency because I  think I will regret things I will say afterwards.

I have emailed them the WWC resuts.

• Like 11

we don't know.

the range of emotions we are feeling is indescribable. I do not want to ring placement agency because I  think I will regret things I will say afterwards.

I would assume that you hadn't heard from them because they were purposefully dragging their feet so that this could go through.  

• Like 7

we don't know.

Probably the better part of wisdom not to call the placement agency at the moment... And I like what Jean said above.

That is great news.  Keep the faith.  

And re: the unimaginable stress you all have been enduring...   :grouphug:   do.... a healthy dollop of... whatever it is you and your husband like to do, to alleviate stress...

• Like 2

Both DH and I have been crying and crying for days. the stress on the family has been unbelievable.

I've just been thinking about this all day.... Those boys are as much your children as your bio children are at this point, you've been so invested in their progress and working towards permanent placement, and you've loved them as your own.

I'm imagining my girls being taken away, on a paperwork glitch! And, I know that in your situation, if you lose them the chances of getting them back or even keeping contact aren't great.... the idea of losing my girls like that is inconceivable. I don't know why this has hit me so hard but I just feel ill for you. 

Praying all day that the placement agency brings good news today, and this doesn't hang over your head any longer. 

• Like 4

That is great news.  Keep the faith.  

And re: the unimaginable stress you all have been enduring...   :grouphug:   do.... a healthy dollop of... whatever it is you and your husband like to do, to alleviate stress...

I have eaten an awful lot of dark chocolate in the last few days- in fact I have eaten my whole month supply.

DH has been doing lots of banging around in the shed with his music up so loud that he has to wear earmuffs

• Like 4

Oh, thank God!

Maybe everything will run smoothly now.

Here is praying it does. :hurray:

• Like 1