Menu

please send positive thoughts my way

Melissa in Australia

I would really appreciate positive thoughts for Monday.

Placement agency is deciding if twins will stay or be removed due to paperwork technicalities. DHS wants twins to remain with us, we want twins to remain with us, case manager wants twins to remain with us, 

I am so weepy :crying:  :crying: :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  how could they do this to those little boys 

• Like 5

Oh no! I'm confused. I thought the adoption went through and you were free and clear? Obviously I'm misunderstanding.

I'm so sorry. What a terrible hassle. Prayers for your family!

no they have been with us for just over a year.

It takes 2 years before adoption can take place in Aus. (permanent care, which is basically the same thing as adoption)

Oh, and after you just posted about the casting of one of the twins--you are showing them such awesome love and care, and now they may not stay?

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Casting will happen in one week if they are with us or not. Just thought I would post for suggestions and try to think positive that they will still be here then. :crying:  :crying:

DO the kids have a guardian ad litem or other advocate?  I can't imagine why they would want to move special needs twins who have made such huge improvements from a family that is willing to be there for them for the long haul.

In the US we would have advocacy groups, etc. that we could call on for help.

I know it is scary though.  At one point we had a foster child made a false accusation and they were threatening to remove our 2 girls who had not yet had their adoption finalized.

• Like 4

we failed to notice that Dh 's Working With Children expired in February. He still has a current police check. the placement agency also failed to notice.  they only noticed on Thursday. they didn't say " we noticed that you need to renew your WWC can you please do it immediately" NO they just rang up and said "they are removing the twins". just abrupt like that. OF course it was at the end of the day after it was too late to lodge an application for a new one. Case manager ( who is in the same placement agency) rang before her work on Friday and told DH to go to town as soon as the Post office is opened and lodge an application for a new WWC, and also do another police check. the WWC takes 3 weeks to process. The police check results are available to placement agency in 10 minutes. and he came back squeaky clean.

Case manager also contacted DHS who state that they want the children to remain with us. Department of Justice was also contacted and they said according to the legal guidelines the lodgment receipt plus police check are absolutely fine and children should not be shifted. Head office of the placement agency is saying it doesn't matter. Their policy is that you have to have both current and failing to comply will result in children being removed. Twins are still with us pending the result of a plea made in our behalf by case manager.

it is awful awful awful.

DH is absolutely furious at the departments. I am just crying and crying. The twins are saying over and over "you are my mummy, we like it here, this is our house". It is breaking my heart.

sorry if sentences are not making sense. I am not making sense today.

Oh I'm so so sorry. Just a suggestion, will they allow the twins to stay if your husband lives somewhere else for 3 weeks until the WWC is completed? Definitely not ideal, but it would be worth it in the long run.

That was suggested to us. Firstly it is not practical because I work and he is the one who has been approved to look after the twins while I am at work, plus twin 1 is about to have casts put on and have multiple trips to Melbourne ( 400 km each way) with angel flights which do not take siblings so Dh was going to be looking after one twin while I looked after the other. Twins have never been separated from each other and it is expected that the whole thing of being separated for the casts will cause trauma. 

ARGH! the whole thing is so awful that I don't think I am thinking straight.

DO the kids have a guardian ad litem or other advocate?  I can't imagine why they would want to move special needs twins who have made such huge improvements from a family that is willing to be there for them for the long haul.

In the US we would have advocacy groups, etc. that we could call on for help.

I know it is scary though.  At one point we had a foster child made a false accusation and they were threatening to remove our 2 girls who had not yet had their adoption finalized.

thank you . I didn't even think of an advocacy group. I goggled and found one in my state.

• Like 2

So stressful!

I'd take the 3 weeks off work, try to delay all medical appointments, and send DH to a buddy's house for the time that it takes for his paperwork to come through. Not ideal. Not even pleasant. But much better for the kids than removal from a loving home.

Praying that you find solutions soon!

• Like 2

today is Monday.

Spoke to Case manager. there is a big meeting this afternoon in Melbourne with heads of placement agency to make a decision late this afternoon. She said she is fully behind us but policy is policy.

spoke to advocacy group. they are working on our behalf

Apparently DHS has told  placement agency that they do not want twins removed and they are not concerned if there is a WWC as long as the police check is great as they know the twins are in the best possible place with us.

• Like 15