Menu

Help name my babies!

NicAnn

So as some of you know, we are expecting triplet boys soon. Well hopefully not too soon, 2 months or so.

Anyway, to distract from the crushing financial strain of having triplets, keep me entertained with name choices!

DH and I can go one of two ways- 1. respectable, classic,etc. or 2. Since we will already have stares, inappropriate questions, and judgement, we can live it up and go themed!

Our choices in category 1:

Isaiah James, Ezra Kent, and Jasper John/james

Isaac,

Ezekiel (Zeke)

Caleb

Henry

Category 2:

Sequoia, Cedar, and Oak

Jayne, Malcolm, and River (firefly anyone?)

Tiny, Shiny, and Don (my sons choices)

Lincoln, Clinton, and Nixon (to keep it bipartisan)

Aiden, Braiden, and Jaiden OR Aaydyn, Braydyn, and Jaydyn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Isaac, Luke, Jake (or Zeke)

#2 Bibbidy, Bobbidy, Boo (though I do like Tiny, Shiny, and Don)

Curly, Larry, Mo

Tic, Tac, Toe

B,L,T

Oh brother, I could carry this on forever, getting worse each round. Maybe I need to get off the computer. . .

Your sense of humor is still well preserved. Have you contacted some mothers' groups of multiples?

I like your classic choice of names. I would go with your son's choice as middle names if the poor kiddos would not have to live with it a lifetime. :)

All I can come up with:

Matthew, Mark & Luke

Paul, Timothy & John

or any combination thereof.

I love the classic name choices.

For my fun suggestion:

John 

Gino

Sean

Can't go wrong with John so it might as well be John in different languages.

PS - Chews on Books is a John.  We are amazed at the number of people who call him Jonathon.  Still.  He's almost 10 months old and we still have a few relatives that will call him Jonathon.  

I kind of like the tree names, but I don't know if I'd be brave enough for it.  I knew of siblings that all had astronomy names - Galaxy, Nebula, and...  oh, I forget, but there was a third one.

When I found out I was pregnant with twins, the very first thing my father said to me was, "Well, whatever you do, don't name them Faye and Ray."  Those are his aunt and uncle.  So I would want to veto the Aiden, Braiden, Jayden trio.

I have twins. I would strongly suggest you avoid rhyming names or names easily confused, like Shawn and Shane. It makes it too hard on poor ole sleep deprived mom to call the right baby the right name!

Also, even if they are fraternal, they will likely look similar as babies. I made little braided bracelets for each of my boys. I put them on in the hospital and left them on for years. (Mine are identical.) even when you and your hubby can tell them apart, other people will really appreciate the help!

My twins don't have remotely similar names and I still call them by their brother's name, although they look nothing alike. Whether I am sleep deprived or not.

Mine aren't even twins--they're 16 years apart and don't look a thing like each other, but they still get called each other's names.

I'd tell people you were going with Aaydyn, Jaydyn, and Braydyn to make them LOVE whatever you actually go with. ;)

I love the Dinosaur Train theme. ;)

I think the classic names are probably the best bet, the themed ones seem very similar.... easier to mess up names or get them mixed up, IMO.

My favorite in your classic list are Isaiah and Henry, though I'm partial to Lucas (I have one) too.

Harry, Ron, and uh, Herman.

You meant Harry, Ron and Neville, right? ;)

This in a heartbeat! Except, instead of River, I would go with Simon. 

If you go with Jayne, Malcolm and Simon, I'll knit Jayne hats for each of them! 

I'd go with Wash instead of Simon.