Menu

Prayers please-pregnancy loss @18 weeks

rmtzc2009

Gosh, I don't know what else to say but to ask for prayer during this difficult time. All had been progressing well with the pregnancy. My 12 week ultrasound looked good & 14 week dr visit babies heartbeat was strong.

Fast forward to my 18 week OB visit last night. It was confirmed by ultrasound that the babies heart had stopped.

We had infertility for 5 years & this pregnancy was such a joyful surprise.

I got the news Tuesday night and am still waiting on my doctors to decide the best way to move forward. The dr wanted to do a dnc however some medical issues I have had suggest that's not the best way to go. I was told I could go to L&D and would likely labor for 2 days. They said I'm at increased risk for fragmented placenta and may require an emergency dnc anyway.

It is so hard to just sit & wait and be sad.

Because of my previous scar tissue problems following delivery or DNC I'll need to go in to have a laparoscopy (to remove new scar tissue). Then a uterine balloon will be placed and removed in about a week. Then they'll have to do a saline ultrasound to see if any additional laparoscopy is needed.

Thanks for listening to me vent, it's been a tough day. Prayers are very much appreciated for our days ahead. Sorry if my note is unclear, my thoughts are quite jumbled today.

Blessings

:grouphug: I wish I could hug you in person because words are rarely as comforting - despite the best of efforts.

What a scary, upsetting, confusing and heartbreaking time this must be. 

I pray for you, your husband, and all of your children - most especially your sweet, wee baby ...

for your extended families, that they may support and love you ...

for those medical caregivers to whom you're entrusted ...

and most of all I pray for all mothers who know your same pain.

Many :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: . I was there 18 years ago.  Everything was going well and then no heart beat.  One thing that helped me was to go have a second ultra sound.  I just needed to see for myself again once i had processed the initial shock. I just couldn't believe it had happened and had to be totally sure the baby was gone before I could consent to anything.