Menu

Which is your FAVORITE fast-food venue? Why?

Ginevra

Favorite fast-food venue  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the MOST LIKELY choice you will make if available.

• McDonalds
    • Burger King
    • Panera
    • Chipotle
    • Sonic
    • Wendy's
    • Starbucks
    • Taco bell
    • A different choice
    • I never eat franchised food
    • Chik-fil-a

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My own choice: chik-fil-a. My reasons: their salads taste very fresh and delicious, the employees are friendly and pleasant, the place looks very clean, their milkshakes are heaven in a cup. The one thing I wish they would do differently is not produce so much trash.

Voted Chipotle of the choices given, but we do Chick-fil-A more often. Both of those are favorites because it's easy to feed my gluten and dairy free kid there.

I added chick-fil-a afterwards. I meant to put it in there, but was having the poll freeze up on me at first.

I have to go with a different choice....A&W, even before I started working there I quite enjoyed it, but now that I work there and I know how focused they are on cleaning and handwashing and food safety protocols it has completely jumped into #1.

Chick-Fil-A...because it is so yummy...especially the chicken biscuits for breakfast. I very rarely eat them b/c I'm a low carber, but when I do.... :D

ETA: I also like them b/c they have super nice employees, and they do a lot of kind acts for the public.

I voted Panera.  We don't have Chik-Fil-A or Sonic here.    Our family tries very, very hard to not eat fast food unless we are traveling and need to.  So we maybe eat at Panera 3-4 times a year at the most.   We actually prefer other options not listed.

However, I go to Starbucks at least once a week, more like 2-3 times, but I go there for coffee only.  I don't eat any of their food, and don't consider it a place to eat.   Since the poll was specifically about fast food, I did not vote for Starbucks.

Chipotle for a number of reasons--easy to order tasty gluten-free food, at the end of each day, they take their leftover meat to the local food pantry, clean, polite, I can order online and just pick it up at the register without waiting in line, environmentally friendly food, delicious...

I voted for Sonic. We only eat fast food if we have to (usually if we are on a road trip.) I have actually never had the food at Sonic, but dd and I will occasionally have a "girls' day out" and stop in for a cherry limeade. That is the fast food establishment that we visit the most frequently- even if it's not for the food- so that's why I voted the way I did.

Taco Bell.  Because I am cheap.  I have gone in really hungry.  Ordered $5 worth of food, and had leftovers.   

Before I had to give up NutraSweet, Sonic might have been my choice.  Chocolate Syrup in Diet Coke.  Mmmmmmmmmm.  Tastes like a hard chocolate candy.  

Chipotle for a number of reasons--easy to order tasty gluten-free food, at the end of each day, they take their leftover meat to the local food pantry, clean, polite, I can order online and just pick it up at the register without waiting in line, environmentally friendly food, delicious...

Add to this that they have no tree nuts, peanuts, or sesame seeds to worry about cross contamination - and that's why we love Chipotle.  Easy to order wheat and dairy free, too (we don't worry about cross contamination on those as much).

The only kicker: I don't personally care for cilantro, so it's not my personal favorite to eat, just my favorite for our family.  

My very favorite: Elevation Burger.  Who can argue with grass fed beef??

I am the oddball everywhere I go.  I can't stand Chik-Fil-A, and for the life of me, I cannot see the attraction.  My kids like it, and out of sympathy, I'll take them there about once a year en route to a stressful event they attend.  :)  I usually don't eat.

I voted Chipotle, but I would choose Q-Doba over Chipotle every single time, if given the option.  I like their "Carve 2" options, where you can choose two smaller things on the menu instead of one big thing.  I usually go for the nachos and tacos.  And I like that Q-Doba has a meal card, you get a free entree for every ten entrees that you buy.

Ooh, Subway should be on your list!  That would be my second choice!!

Chick-fil-a because they use real, fresh, chicken and don't use any trans-fats. And it tastes yummy. Plus they are working to eventually stop using HFCS and other chemicals from their food.

The restaurants are always clean and the workers are very efficient and polite. And the workers are treated better than mcdonalds and other places.

Chipotle would be my second favorite because they at least attempt to source better quality meats and veggies. The food is fresh and tasty and their tea is yummy.

I picked McDonalds, but it is really a toss up with Chik-Fil-A.  While I like Chik-Fil-A a little better, I never sit here and think, "wow, I need to go get Chik-Fil-A this very second".  I do crave McDonalds burgers sometimes though.  So I picked McD because if someone told me I had only one more chance in my life to eat fast food, burgers would win out over chicken.

I voted Panera, because it is the only one out of the choices that I ever eat at. I would go to Chipotle if we had one around here; I remember it as being quite good. But I never, ever eat at McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

My family also likes 5 Guys Burgers, which isn't listed.

I voted for Sonic. We only eat fast food if we have to (usually if we are on a road trip.) I have actually never had the food at Sonic, but dd and I will occasionally have a "girls' day out" and stop in for a cherry limeade. That is the fast food establishment that we visit the most frequently- even if it's not for the food- so that's why I voted the way I did.

Sonic has great summer drink deals this summer.  Dd and I had half priced drinks last week (it's for a certain time during the day, midafternoon).  I learned that my mock cherry limeades are a lot better than theirs!  And they have half priced shakes in the evenings. We're planning to go tonight, and one of us will try the chocolate jalapeno--already have that planned out!

I voted Panera, because it is the only one out of the choices that I ever eat at. I would go to Chipotle if we had one around here; I remember it as being quite good. But I never, ever eat at McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

My family also likes 5 Guys Burgers, which isn't listed.

We like 5 Guys, too. Their fries are delicious.

I don't usually think of Panera as a fast food venue, but we eat there most often of the options you have listed. 

Between the soups and the bagels (and my son loves their cilantro hummus), it's our best bet for the vegetarian/vegan family to eat something like real food while out in the world. I also appreciate the comfy seating, free wi-fi and classical music.

I did again think, after the fact, that Subway should have been on there, and maybe KFC.

Those of you ordering GF/dairy-free at Chipotle and Chik-fil-a, what do you order there? I have not been to a Chipotle, but prefer to avoid gluten and dairy as much as possible.

I voted "other", because my real favorite is White Castle.  It's totally a "love it or hate it" place, and I love it.  Fortunately, they don't exist in my state, so I don't get tired of it or fat from it since I only get to have it when I go back home.   :D 

I'm another who isn't a big fan of Chik-fil-a.  I like the breakfast minis, because they aren't served on a biscuit.  It's like they take one of those really delicious sweet, soft, yeasty rolls they serve at Texas Roadhouse or O'Charlies, cut that into quarters, and serve each one with a chicken nugget in it.  I love a sweet/salty combo, and I like the salty batter more than the chicken, so this works perfectly for me.

Talk about oddball?  I don't like Chipotle.  At all.  I don't think the meat is very good.  I find it too salty and not particularly flavorful.  

Chipotle always is packed and so there's nothing really "fast" about it. I don't think I've ever been in one where I wasn't waiting at LEAST 20 minutes just to order. The only place with longer lines is In & Out Burger (a place that I seriously don't get the appeal of).

Sonic has great summer drink deals this summer.  Dd and I had half priced drinks last week (it's for a certain time during the day, midafternoon).  I learned that my mock cherry limeades are a lot better than theirs!  And they have half priced shakes in the evenings. We're planning to go tonight, and one of us will try the chocolate jalapeno--already have that planned out!

Ok, this is not fair. You are obligated to share your recipe for mock cherry limeade.  Our Sonic was open for about  a month when a flood ruined it and they just never built it back. And the next closest Sonic is like 40 miles from me so I never get there.  And I *love* cherry limeade. 

I voted "other", because my real favorite is White Castle.  It's totally a "love it or hate it" place, and I love it.  Fortunately, they don't exist in my state, so I don't get tired of it or fat from it since I only get to have it when I go back home.   :D 

I'm another who isn't a big fan of Chik-fil-a.  I like the breakfast minis, because they aren't served on a biscuit.  It's like they take one of those really delicious sweet, soft, yeasty rolls they serve at Texas Roadhouse or O'Charlies, cut that into quarters, and serve each one with a chicken nugget in it.  I love a sweet/salty combo, and I like the salty batter more than the chicken, so this works perfectly for me.

Talk about oddball?  I don't like Chipotle.  At all.  I don't think the meat is very good.  I find it too salty and not particularly flavorful.  

Not an oddball at all. We went there exactly once.  Spent $40 on meals for our family of four, took about 3 or 4 bites, threw it in the garbage and went down the road for custard.  We each ordered something different- it really wasn't good.  At all. I've never been so disappointed with food out.  Usually if I don't care for something, I'll still eat it and just make a note not to go there again.  We're eclectic eaters, and we've NEVER had a similar experience where 4 meals went straight in the trash.

Oh, yes! The best time to go is "happy hour," from 2-4! (I should probably :blush5: that I know that, eh?) You should post a review after trying the shake. I'm curious, but afraid to try it myself!

I want to like Chipotle but I just cannot. I have only eaten there three times and each time I have been up all night with an awful feeling. You know that feeling where you eat too much and you're overfull? I truly did not overeat at all- but each time I had this crazy overfull sensation that started about two hours after we ate and lasted up to six more hours. 

I wonder what ingredient did that to me? We eat at Mexican places more often than any other kind of restaurant and that has never happened except at Chipotle. 

Wendy's. Hamburgers made by hand fresh every day. Yum.

Sonic would be my second choice.

BK and Micky D's are never my choice. I must be starving and a hundred miles from anywhere before I will eat at either of those.

Does Panera have a drive-through? Or Chipotle? I like them, but "fast food" to me means "I can get food without getting out of my car." :-)

Chik-fil-A is my first choice, although we only go there when traveling, we don't have one close to us. Which is probably a good thing. Sonic. Ugh! I only get cherry limeades there and only when I have a ton of patience. Our is the slowest Sonic known to man. I once, and I am not lying to you, fell asleep behind the wheel while waiting inline at the drive-thru. Subway would be right up there too. Doesn't feel like "fast food" to me, quite as much. We don't do much fast food because of preservatives, etc. But, on occasion we do give in.

I'm not a fan of Chik-Fil-A either.  The customer service is great.  The food . . . not so great.

Wendy's is my favorite, mostly because of the wide variety of foods they offer.  I love their salads.  And a junior cheeseburger deluxe and a small fry makes a pretty filing "treat" meal for me w/o too many calories.

Wow, I was only at Chipotle once and I did not think the food was that great, kind of slopped together, and the music was so annoying I didn't understand how anyone could sit and eat for a minute. I get that it is probably easy to eat gluten free there, though.

Panda Express is my favorite fast food.

We rarely eat fastfood as the options are limited here for "safe" food. Personally of those listed I like Chipolte the best as they have real food, Chik-fila still has way too many ingredients to be considered real food to me, I just don't like the over processed taste, although the family likes it. I like Panera ok but their gf/df options leave something to be desired. If I could eat bread it would move much farther up my list. It seems they are working hard on eliminating preservatives from their food which I do appreciate. Of the others listed most don't have anything I can/want to eat although the chicken salad from Wendy's is edible.

Taco Bell is a longtime fave of mine.  My kids like it too, but there are not many around so it's a treat for us.  My husband despises it so when we're traveling sometimes the kids get it and he and I eat somewhere else.  (If convenient - picture a big interstate exit with lots of fast food choices.) 

I don't think of Panera as fast food.  At least, the ones I've been to have never been fast!  They are very uneven in quality around here. Once we went in and I had to order 3 times because they were out of so many things. 

We do like CFA too.