S/O Bacon or Eggs Poll

Bacon or Eggs  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Piece

• Bacon
    • Bacon!
    • BACON!!!
    • Other

I like my bacon medium crisp.  I don't like it so crisp it crumbles into dried out little bits, but I don't like it floppy either. 

I do like bacon.  We even raise our own hogs and my dh has the most wonderful smokehouse where he will cure and smoke all kind of pork. But I'm kind of grossed out by the trend I see on US cooking shows of bacon-ifying everything.  It starts to become such an overload.  I watch a lot of UK and Aussie cooking shows, too, (and Canadian ones, of course) and I don't see the trend there.  I don't know quite why it has become such a trend.  That really puzzles me.  I have a hard time understanding the point of some of the dishes, unless the point it simply to consume as much bacon as possible in one dish.  I saw one show where they made a bowl of bacon and filled it with a bacon macaroni and cheese that had at least as much bacon in it as macaroni.  It was then topped with bacon curls.  The sight and thought of it made me want to hurl, despite the fact that I do like both bacon and macaroni and cheese.

So, I am a bacon moderate, I think.  Bacon as a modest side with eggs or waffles is good.  Bacon as a flavouring to other dishes or even wrapped to encase a modest piece of chicken or such is fine, but eating pounds and slabs worth of bacon?  No thank you. 

Now you're just trying to steal my thunder.  Bacon always beats eggs.  

I do love the bacon, but I like good bacon.  Some of it is gross.  I also like it best on a sandwich, with tomato and mayo.  Preferably white bread.  In fact, I've just decided that's what I'm having for dinner tonight. 

I don't get the trend of bacon on every single thing.  I do like it as a salty complement to non-salty food.  Bacon-wrapped dates?  Yes, please.  Bacon with soft white bread?  Indeed.  Bacon on a burger?  Not for me.  Too much salt.  I like complementary flavors.  

Now you're just trying to steal my thunder.  Bacon always beats eggs.  

I do love the bacon, but I like good bacon.  Some of it is gross.  I also like it best on a sandwich, with tomato and mayo.  Preferably white bread.  In fact, I've just decided that's what I'm having for dinner tonight. 

I don't get the trend of bacon on every single thing.  I do like it as a salty complement to non-salty food.  Bacon-wrapped dates?  Yes, please.  Bacon with soft white bread?  Indeed.  Bacon on a burger?  Not for me.  Too much salt.  I like complementary flavors.  

You told me to start my own thread! 

I cannot eat tomato. :( But I am perfectly happy have extra Bacon. 

I like good Bacon as well that is why I love living in the heartland! I am always shocked to hear from city people who drive out to my teeny tiny town just to visit the butcher and buy Bacon and other meat. But I have to agree that the Bacon is wonderful!

I have never had or even heard of Bacon wrapped dates. I generally do not have teA on the first date but I have never had a date wrapped in Bacon.

I was a vegetarian for a while but I now eat poultry and fish at times. I do not eat pork at all so I don't eat bacon but even before I was a vegetarian I did not like bacon. I can't stand the texture or the taste of it. I did end up liking turkey bacon because the texture is very different. I am not big on breakfast food but if I had to pick a breakfast food and english muffin with a fried egg that is not overcooked would be my choice.

We don't do bacon too often here and when we do I make in the oven (no mess!).

My youngest does love the stuff, though, and asks for a cup of bacon every year on her birthday.  :huh:  Dh will fry it up, put it in a cup, and she will eat it all.

We were given a choice of an American breakfast or an Asian breakfast on a flight to China. The American breakfast featured bacon. The bacon was heated thoroughly but not cooked at all. Warm raw bacon--yuck! I was so glad I ordered the Asian breakfast choice.

We were given a choice of an American breakfast or an Asian breakfast on a flight to China. The American breakfast featured bacon. The bacon was heated thoroughly but not cooked at all. Warm raw bacon--yuck! I was so glad I ordered the Asian breakfast choice.

LOL Don't ask for chicken! It will come with the head attached, raw and swimming in it's own blood. This picture was taken after I sent it back to have it cooked well done. All they did was wipe the blood off the plate lol

post-31584-0-13332800-1401589813_thumb.jpg

What was the Asian breakfast choice?

LOL Don't ask for chicken! It will come with the head attached, raw and swimming in it's own blood. This picture was taken after I sent it back to have it cooked well done. All they did was wipe the blood off the plate lol

Oh, that is nasty, lol! 

I love bacon! But I agree with limiting it.

We didn't get any bacon for 3 months last summer while living in Israel.

Guess who cruised thru an entire package of it upon returning? (Had help from dd...)

I like it crunchy.

My dad used to take a piece of bread and dip it in the bacon fat in the pan--eww.

I like my bacon medium crisp.  I don't like it so crisp it crumbles into dried out little bits, but I don't like it floppy either. 

So, I am a bacon moderate, I think.  Bacon as a modest side with eggs or waffles is good.  Bacon as a flavouring to other dishes or even wrapped to encase a modest piece of chicken or such is fine, but eating pounds and slabs worth of bacon?  No thank you. 

This is me exactly.