Menu

Urgent Prayer Request for DS

eaglei

Has anyone heard anything from eaglei? Her last two updates were so brief and cryptic, so I'm hoping someone might have some info on her son's condition, and could tell us if specific prayers are needed.

She mentioned something about no internet. I'm not surprised we haven't heard.

• Like 1

June 3, 2015

Still critical.

The last couple of days have been very, very hard with additional conditions being added.

Difficult day today, too, both medically  and otherwise.

We had to travel home later today to take care of beginning-of-month things. It will be a quick trip. In tonight; do all we can tomorrow; return to hospital on Friday. Leaving was VERY hard.

On the drive back, I made a list of things that he is battling right now. It is a long list and is not anywhere near complete. Standard treatment for one condition cannot be done because it could be fatal due to another condition – this is the typical scenario going on with each and every thing he is fighting. He is also in horrific, whole-body pain.

The good news today was that the bilirubin came down just a tad – still way too high, but down a tad. That news was juxtaposed with two negatives – one new and one old one – the latter being his blood pressure. In the consultations we had today, it was reinforced just how important it is that his blood pressure regulate and stay regulated – he needs to come off BP medication and stay off of it. The bilirubin also needs to come down.

Those two items are not the half of what needs to happen. Many of the conditions are life-threatening; combined, it is an overwhelming multitude of things. As I've stated before, he needs massive prayer from head to toe – and that is not an exaggeration. With God, nothing is impossible. When He touches my son, it will be God alone Who gets ALL the glory.

One of the doctors who, last week was trying to “prepare†us, told us that, in all of his years of practice, he has never seen someone survive with a bilirubin count this high. He said (paraphrasing), “But your son is alive and the count went down a bit. You keep praying.â€

Please keep praying – he needs it so very much.

“Heal [my son], O Lord, and [he] shall be healed ... for Thou art my praise.†(Jeremiah 17:14 a, c)

• Like 7