Menu

Urgent Prayer Request for DS

eaglei

May 26, 2015

Still critical - Still unstable.

Problem with BP during the night - back on a lower dose of BP medicine.  A couple other incidents during the night as well.  More testing today - results tomorrow.

Bilirubin came down by 3/10, then shot up by 2  1/10.  Doctors have ruled out the experimental medication due to the great risk.  Another medication is being considered, to begin tomorrow; however, it also carries the same risk - the difference is that this medication replaces something the body normally has but is apparently depleted in his.  Uncertainty on all fronts whether to proceed with it.  

If the bilirubin is significantly down tomorrow morning (12 and continuing down to below 1), this decision becomes moot.  

The overall summary is this:  ds needs prayer from head to toe.  This is not an exaggeration.

Please keep praying.

Thank you.

"For with God nothing shall be impossible."  (Luke 1:37)

• Like 7

May 27, 2015

Just a quick update.

Bilirubin went up by 1  1/5.

BP medication increased.

A so-so night overall.

â€Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily.†(Isaiah 58:8a)

“For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.†(Psalm 30:5)

• Like 6

May 27, 2015

Just a quick update.

Bilirubin went up by 1 1/5.

BP medication increased.

A so-so night overall.

â€Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily.†(Isaiah 58:8a)

“For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.†(Psalm 30:5)

hugs! Keeping in mind your son has a very strong will And faith and will keep up the fight to survive. He has bounced back stronger after each adversity and trusts God to see him through. Praying for all needs and strength for all.

• Like 2

May 27, 2015

Just a quick update.

Bilirubin went up by 1 1/5.

BP medication increased.

A so-so night overall.

Just quoting today's update in case anyone missed it.

Praying.

• Like 1

Lord, please keep Eaglei son wrapped in your healing light and bring him back to full health. Give wisdom to his medical team and strength to his family to be there and steadfast to hold him up when he is feeling down and give him comfort.   Amen

Lord, you are like a shepherd to me,
and so I have all that I need.
You give me rest
in meadows of green grass,
and you lead me to water
where I gain new life and strength.

You guide me
along the way that is best for me.
Even when I walk in darkness
and everything around seems like death,
you are there, walking with me,
and the promise
of your love and faithfulness
helps to conquer my fear.

In the sight of those who do me down,
you invite me
to sit at table with you.
There you offer me
even more than I need,
and you remind me
that I am significant and special.

You call me to goodness and kindness
every day of my life,
and your house will be my home
my whole life long

Psalm 23

• Like 4

May 27, 2015

Hard day today.

Need focused prayer for a condition called DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation).  Doctors think that correcting this will not only help the liver (including lowering the bilirubin) but also the kidneys.

As I said yesterday, massive prayer needed from head to toe - and this is not an exaggeration.

Thank you.

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.  For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.† (Isaiah 43:2-3a)

"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.† (Isaiah 43:19)

"Our soul waiteth for the LORD: He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee." (Psalm 33:20-22)

• Like 7