Menu

Urgent Prayer Request for DS

eaglei

Praying for continued improvements. And for wisdom for the docs. And for truly amazing grace and mercy and power and healing and peace that passes understanding. How good it is to have a God who can do more than we can ask or imagine. I can imagine a lot.

• Like 3

Eaglei, 

I'm so grateful to see this thread trending at the top of our feed. I've been offline for a week but I've been praying for you and your son as God has brought you to mind. Praising God for a steady report and asking Him for FULL healing. May you see God's grace and mercy today.  

• Like 1

June 10, 2015

Still critical.

HOWEVER:

--three days in a row with no new negative news added
--bilirubin down by 3.5 – still way too high but trending in the right direction
--a test related to the bone marrow transplant came back with good news 

Still needs MUCH prayer, in particular:

--GVHD (graft-versus-host disease) – It is stage 4 (the worst).  Have started a new medicine today to hopefully (prayerfully) help with it.  This medicine comes with GREAT RISK due to the other medical situations he is dealing with.
--The LIVER in general.  Bilirubin needs to come way down.  Not sure if he has GVHD of the liver (in addition to GVHD of the gut) or VOD ongoing (venal occlusive disease) or both.

He is in much pain – need to find something to deal with this that is not detrimental to other issues.  Consulted with pain management today; some potentially good ideas.

We appreciate your prayers very much.  Please keep praying.

He needs prayer from head to toe – remains in critical condition – but God's Word says in 2 Chronicles 20:15b:

“Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.â€

So:

“Our soul waiteth for the Lord:  He is our help and our shield.  For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.  Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee.†(Psalm 33:20-22)
  • Like 17