Menu

How often do you clean your bathroom(s)?

Luanne

How often do you clean your bathroom(s)?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you clean your bathroom(s)?

• Every day
    • Every other day
    • Twice a week
    • Once a week
    • Once every other week
    • You are supposed to clean your bathroom?
    • Other

I was just curious how often other people clean their bathrooms.  I clean ours twice a week.  That is how often I clean the frog tank that sits on the bathroom counter so I just clean the bathroom when I am done with the frog tank.

I have two cousins... I went to their homes and neither of them had cleaned their bathrooms in months.  It was SO gross!

Once a week.  Kids get assigned cleaning the bathroom on their own by age 6 or 7 because before then they did it along side me with lots of instruction for a couple of years.  If you do a bad job cleaning the bathroom ( I give them a laminated check off list of each task in order and a wet erase marker)  you have to clean it again.  You do nothing else until it's cleaned properly.  If you whine and complain about having to do it correctly or if you do it badly a second time, you get to clean another bathroom in addition to getting the first bathroom right because you clearly need the practice. If it was someone else's job to clean the second bathroom, they don't have to because they don't have attitude problems, work ethic problems or obedience problems.

I aim for weekly. If I fall behind it can go two weeks before hitting my gross-out point. ("Cleaning the bathroom", to me, means wiping counters and shower walls, scouring tubs and sinks, scrubbing and wiping down toilets, sweeping and spot-cleaning floors, shining mirrors. I "tidy the bathroom" with a quick swish of a disposable wipe or even swish out the toilet, much more frequently -- any time it seems needed.)

Once a week.  Kids get assigned cleaning the bathroom on their own by age 6 or 7 because before then they did it along side me with lots of instruction for a couple of years.  If you do a bad job cleaning the bathroom ( I give them a laminated check off list of each task in order and a wet erase marker)  you have to clean it again.  You do nothing else until it's cleaned properly.  If you whine and complain about having to do it correctly or if you do it badly a second time, you get to clean another bathroom in addition to getting the first bathroom right because you clearly need the practice. If it was someone else's job to clean the second bathroom, they don't have to because they don't have attitude problems, work ethic problems or obedience problems.

Sounds like a good plan! :D

I voted other, because I don't have a set-in-stone schedule for most things, and it rarely all gets done at once.

Counters and sinks get wiped down/scrubbed as needed, which is usually every three/four days.  Toilets get scrubbed as needed, which is usually daily, 'cause I like a sparkling potty.

Boys' bathtub gets scrubbed every 10 days (after the Shih Tzu has his regularly scheduled bath).

Our shower (we don't have a tub in the master bath) gets scrubbed every week.  Or at least that's the goal. ;)

I usually hit the mirrors once a week, when I'm dusting the rest of the house.

Super deep, scrub the baseboards and grout clean- 3-4 times a year

Regular deep, tub-mirror, floor-toilet clean- weekly

Spot catching, my son misses the mark clean- as needed

Wiping it down, the kids can't keep the toothpaste off their sink clean- daily

I should confess that most of the above cleaning has been relegated to the three humans doing most of the dirtying.......

I call them my sweet minions. >insert evil cackle<

My kids each have their own bathrooms, which they are responsible for. I don't venture in there too often, so I have no idea (or desire to know) how often those are cleaned.  I'm guessing not often, and it will be dependent on if/when they have company over. 

I have the other 2.5 bathrooms.  I guess the apples don't fall too far from the tree because it's a chore I put off for as long as possible.  I try to use only the .5 bathroom, which gets cleaned as visibly needed. The other 2 bathrooms are off-limits to people who live here LOL and they get cleaned before/after company and any other time needed (which thankfully isn't often).

Tidy and wipe down every day. We dry off the surfaces as we use them as well.

For example, after I brush my teeth and wash my face, I wipe out/around the sink. After a shower, wipe off the shower walls, tub and adjacent floor. This keeps things pretty clean. About once a week, I do a deeper clean (wash floors, toilet, mirrors, empty wastebasket etc). Doesn't take hardly any time for 2 bathrooms and that includes the cat box in the closet of one bathroom.

My 2 oldest are in charge of cleaning the 2 bathrooms they clean them around every other day(toilets, sinks, counters), taking care of bigger tasks as needed(tubs, floor, trash, mirrors). I pick up as when I notice that is usually at least once a day.

I clean the bathroom every day, except for the tub, which I clean about twice a week.  Six people use the bathroom, so I keep it spotless.

We have 1.5 bathrooms, and we only use the 1/2 bath in the basement under duress.  It is literally the smallest a bathroom in the U.S. can be.  The toilet and sink are midget-sized.

When we only had one bathroom, it was daily.

Now the main half bath off the kitchen gets cleaned daily and the master bath and upstairs bathroom get cleaned twice a week.

But we had 10 people using the single bathroom house and we have 12 using 2.5 bathrooms in this house.

DD cleans them thoroughly once a week (inc garbages, floors, showers etc).  I freshen the main floor bath up mid week, and dd keeps the kid bath very clean.  Our master doesn't really need much mid week because it is mainly used for just showers.

Daily, I do a "swish and a swipe" of our main bathroom (which habit I learned from Flylady).  I have a big problem with mildew and mold developing quickly in there, especially in the grout between the tiles in the shower, so before I finish my shower, I spray a portion of the shower/tub with a mixture of vinegar and dishwashing detergent, and I scrub with a dishwashing brush.  (Over the course of the week, the whole thing will get cleaned.)  I also wipe down the sink and run the toilet bowl brush around the toilet (spraying again with the vinegar/dish detergent mixture).  I wipe up anything else that's noticeably dirty and pick up any loose hairs with a piece of toilet paper.  It takes 5 minutes, max, and keeps the bathroom presentable.

My goal would be to do a deeper cleaning once a week, but sometimes it gets put off. 

Once a week, but I confess I don't do the tub/shower every time.  In fact, I have gone a VERY LONG time without doing the tub/shower ever since DD started showering instead of baths. :blushing:

I take my glasses off to get in the shower, and it helps me pretend I can't see anything.

Honestly, the tub and shower don't get cleaned very often. Probably about once a month. We all shower, so it doesn't get very dirty. The rest of the bathroom gets cleaned once or twice a week. I sweep the floor every day or two when I sweep the hall in front of the bathroom. We have dark wood laminate which I am forever and always sweeping.

ETA: I have a basement bathroom that I remember to clean about every 2-4 weeks. I think I've used it twice since we moved in two months ago, so I just don't ever think about it.

When there were kids at home it was once a week.  Always.

Now with just the two of us most of the time, and 3 bathrooms (oye) it's once every two weeks.  I wipe out the sinks, change the towels etc, as necessary.

I felt guilty at first thinking it really needed to be more often, but serioulsy, it works for us.

I voted once a week.  Right now we have three bathrooms in our house, so the yuck doesn't build up as quickly.  When we only had one bathroom, I needed to clean more often.  In theory, the kids bathroom should be cleaned more often because it gets gross, but I don't go in there much and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to bother any of them enough to do it.