Menu

Kalanamak asked me to relay a message. :(

Natalieclare

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends, I regret to say I am not much in contact with her. My husband is actually in contact with her husband on occasion; at this point that is our main link. I have not been here since the latest board makeover, so if any of you know of other places (social groups, other boards) where this would be appropriate, please feel free to re-post this. It is sad news indeed. She just adds so much seasoning to life.

NatalieClaire, if you talk to her, please tell her thank you for sharing herself with all of us. I so wish we had many more years of her wisdom here. If you see her, please give her a real life hug in addition to the thanks - as long as the hug won't cause her pain. I am going to miss her so much.

Yes, this. All of this. :(

NatalieClaire, please let us know if we can send cards to her. She was one of my favorite people here, and I'm just ... stunned.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Jackie

I've been thinking about her and wondering how she's doing. I've loved her wisdom and wit, and I think about the things that she's said here often.

I live in her hometown, so I think about the stories of her childhood, too, as I drive around, especially every time I drive by "Ancient Mr. Elling's house." I had no idea the street was named after a person, and the stone house he lived in is still there. Thank you, Kay, for sharing all of your interesting tidbits here.

Thinking of you and your family.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. It was a thread started by Kay that got me hooked in this site. In fact, in this thread, I was agreeing with someone else about how hard it is that life keeps moving on despite tragedy, as though nothing happened. She replied with a beautiful poem. I've often thought of it.

:grouphug: to Kay and family. You are in my prayers.

:crying:

From the post i was referring to above....beware, it's depressing but i'm putting it out there since some may find it beautiful.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/437270-what-is-the-bitterest-truth-youve-learned/page__st__200

From "What is the bitterest truth you've learned?"

"Homeschool Mom in AZ said:

*Life callously keeps on going when you're devastated.*

NaturalKate said:

Yes. I've only experienced just glimpses of this feeling, but it is so completely true. :grouphug to us all about this one.

Kalanamak said:

About suffering they were never wrong,

The Old Masters; how well, they understood

Its human position; how it takes place

While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;

How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting

For the miraculous birth, there always must be

Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating

On a pond at the edge of the wood:

They never forgot

That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course

Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot

Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse

Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.

In Breughel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away

Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may

Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,

But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone

As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green

Water; and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen

Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,

had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on."

Such sad news. :crying:

Kay, if you're reading this: thank you for all the wisdom, insights, and encouragement you've shared on this board. You were one of my favorite people here. Whenever I saw that you had posted in a thread, I'd go read it - even if the topic didn't seem like something I'd be interested in. Because I always knew I would walk away with something valuable.

I wish you and your family strength and peace as you face what's ahead of you. :grouphug:

((Kay))-I know it must be so difficult to think about leaving your boy so soon. But you've already given him such a life and made an indelible mark on who he is.

You are a courageous and thoughtful person, and you and I know that sometimes (often?) hanging on doesn't make sense, no matter how bitter the parting might seem. We love you.

((Kay))-I know it must be so difficult to think about leaving your boy so soon. But you've already given him such a life and made an indelible mark on who he is.

You are a courageous and thoughtful person, and you and I know that sometimes (often?) hanging on doesn't make sense, no matter how bitter the parting might seem. We love you.

Catherine said it better than I could.

In tears :grouphug: