Menu

He passed away last night

funschooler5

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. Please do not feel guilty. One does not know what the future is. You can only do what you think is best at the time.

I do want to say a big thank you on the organ donations. I know it was a very difficult decision. My mom wouldn't see today without someones generous donation of a cornea. She was losing her eyesight and had reached the point she needed to give up her license. She already had lost the ability to read which was her favorite past time not to mention being able to see her grandchildren. She also did a lot to take care of my dad who is 10 years older than she is. They both might be in a nursing home today if she hadn't regained her sight. To say she felt like she had received a miracle is an understatement!! Her vision in that one eye is now as good as it had been when she was a kid. She did not take this gift lightly either. She mourned for the family that lost their loved one and said many prayers for them. Our whole family did. The doctor has offered to do a cornea transplant in her other eye but she has refused it. She wants someone else to have the miracle. The donation of an organ is one of the most generous things a person can give. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

It may help you to know that the guilt you are feeling and all the "what if's" are a very normal reaction to losing a loved one. You didn't uniquely let him down. It's just normal to look for a do-over, you know? You could not be with everyone who needed you at the same time. Your baby needed you, too.

You loved him well. And it sounds like he knew that and that your marriage was a wonderful gift to both of you.

So sorry that you lost him so young. It stinks.

How very hard. I'm so glad Luke's family got to see him, and that all his children saw him before he passed. I will echo the thoughts of others to be gentle with yourself. I, too, had so many thoughts of "what if" as my mom was dying and after she left us. In the end, I had to look back and see that there really wasn't anything I, or anyone else, could do. She was ready to go, it was her time, even though for family left behind, it's always too soon.

May God be with you and give you comfort. May people around you be the help you need as you grieve and as you figure out how to do life withour your partner.

:grouphug: I am sorry. Thank you for consenting to the organ donations that you did. It is hard to know what to do in the case of donations, but I think he would have liked to have his legacy carry on in giving a child teh chance to live or someone to see. I think it will be good for the kids to know too that even on his way to live with Jesus he could still be a hero to those here on earth that needed the help to live a "normal" life.