Menu

He passed away last night

funschooler5

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge, huge hugs.

I didn't "see it" when my daughter died of cancer. I knew things were bad, but I thought we had more time. Looking back, I think that was a huge blessing to me---a protection of my mind to be able to do what I needed to do at the time in caring for myself and the rest of my children. (I also had a baby at the time). I also believe that many, many people choose to die at a time when they can protect their families from seeing it. We heard story after story about moms who stepped out of a hospital room to take a phonecall or get a soda only to have their child very quickly pass. Perhaps this was a gift from him to you to try to shield you from pain.

We also chose not to donate. Don't feel guilty. It really is ok. Really.

My baby was such a comfort to me when my daughter died. Enjoy the quiet moments of snuggling and nursing as you mourn, they were very healing to me.... I pray that good friends will surround you and carry you through the coming months and years....

oh my goodness. I'm not around here much at all so never saw other posts of yours. I'm so very sorry for your loss. So desperately sorry! It breaks my heart that you are second guessing what you did, but I understand that. I have not lost my husband, but I have regrets over my mother's death, and especially my fathers. The day he was being released from the hospital into Hospice care I had a severe migraine and took my time to go to the hospital. I barely made it there when he took his final breath. I don't know if he heard a single word I said. I also have other guilt, knowing how things should have happened differently for him. But at the time, I simply was doing what I thought was best. As did you. I know it is normal for you to second guess yourself, but please, please forgive yourself and be gentle. You did your best. That's all you really can do. In time I hope you will have peace over all of this. But give yourself time. And grieve in your own personal way. Grief is a very individual process, and your process is yours alone.

I am so very sorry for your family.