Menu

what is on YOUR Christmas wish list?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm getting digital SLR from DH. Other than that I have a few books and sewing supplies. My parents usually get me something rather pricey and a few other things. And my mom takes the kids shopping for me and they pick me out random cooking/sewing things. Those are my favorites. I don't make much of a list.

I'd like a book or two (or maybe just money to buy some Kindle books..)

I *need* new pj's (especially now that I live in mine LOL)

I *want* a new Kindle HD (because I love gadgets, and it would be easier to haul around than my iPad or I could still read a Kindle book while my kids use the iPad instead of either/or)

I also found some homeschool-y type things at Costco that I'd love to have. Oh, and a foot massager thing at Costco.....I could probably manage to lump that into the homeschool-y category.....somehow ;)

A tea bag box. I'm trying to find a larger plastic one since all the wood ones are around 12 x 12 inches, while the plastic one is 8 x 5 inches.

This journal book.

Long sleeve t-shirts from CafePress including:

Hunger Games

"The book was better"

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

"Hard core homeschool mom"

I'll probably get mostly gift cards. Probably for Barnes & Noble, which I definitely won't hate. :D

I want a freezer, and it can be used.

I also want grow lights and a lighting system so I can start plants easier and also so my sunroom plants get enough light in the winter. (I grow mostly ornamentals though having some indoor herbs would be nice).

I have a birthday soon after in January so I always have to come up with lots of ideas. Those are my big requests. Smaller ones are some CDs and some kitchen items like the new Oven mitts that are really, really good.

Either a couple good fry pans and a few kitchen gadgets

or

a 10" Android tablet (the Nexus 10 or ASUS's latest offering)

DH is getting an electric ukulele.

Something fun Doctor Who related

A good kitchen knife

A desk and wall calendar

A cool Union Jack scarf from ModCloth

de49cc6e898ef711a61b8374904fcadf.jpg?1346881644

Travel Qwirkle

41nARsax%2BwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cast Iron Dutch Oven

41rbpv-CwFL._SX450_.jpg

Yarn Caddy

41ntDN75tQL.jpg

And thanks to this thread a waffle maker

My husband. He has been gone out of state since the beginning of July, with the intention that the job he has there will get us moved. No luck, and I would be estatic to have him home for Christmas.

:grouphug:

I would love to get:

the verification before Christmas that the kids we hope to adopt are indeed found to be adoptable so we can actually begin the process.

If I get that...I don't need anything else. Here's hoping.

The only other thing I'd like is a comfy long robe.

An ipad 2. Actually, I already got it off of ebay, but it is hidden in my closet till Christmas. Dd is getting my very gently used kindle fire as her present so my ipad needs to remain hidden. Ds is getting his big brother's xbox that we have had since the army sent his things home. He knows it is his brother's, but has anxiously been waiting to hopefully get it some day. We thought he was too young for it before. Since that covered the majority of cost for presents, dh told me to reward myself with the ipad.

Edited by Kari C in SC

I would love to get:

the verification before Christmas that the kids we hope to adopt are indeed found to be adoptable so we can actually begin the process.

I'm really hoping for a baby this year. DH and I have had our homestudy done for over a year and nothing yet. I want a baby! I even got motivated and made a baby blanket just in case we get a surprise call some day that we need to go to the hospital and pick up our baby.

I'm really hoping for a baby this year. DH and I have had our homestudy done for over a year and nothing yet. I want a baby! I even got motivated and made a baby blanket just in case we get a surprise call some day that we need to go to the hospital and pick up our baby.

I hope you get that call soon. :grouphug:

We're getting a new and desperately needed roof, which is going to cost. . . a lot. Our savings account will take quite a hit, so I'm having trouble justifying the expense of some of the things I want but don't need (a speedlight for my camera, an iPad) KWIM? :D

I think DH and I are going to buy a new TV for our bedroom for each other. Oh and I want a pair of new slippers and the new Our Best Bites Cookbook.

Edited by LemonPie

$ for the annual fee to join the library system in the next county over

donations to a few charities I support

our front door painted red

a scarf, maybe this one or this one

eucalyptus/spearmint lotion

a book or two (probably I Hadn't Understood &/or Hopscotch)

tickets to a show/event/outing

and probably a few other things, including peace, love, & happiness :001_smile:

(I'd also really love to rip out all our carpeting & put in new flooring, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen....)

I would love to get:

My husband. He has been gone out of state since the beginning of July, with the intention that the job he has there will get us moved. No luck, and I would be estatic to have him home for Christmas.

I am wishing for these on my list for you too :001_smile:

Thank you for reminding me that there are some other non commercial things I should wish for beyond anything.

While there are several things on my wishlist at all times, like good pots and pans, speakers for my iPod, clothes, etc. I don't really wish for any of them for Christmas this year. Next weekend we are traveling out of state to visit my good friend from back home while she is on vacation, and I am ecstatic that my parents and sister are coming to visit at Christmas time and we will be doing "touristy" things with them, so the expense of that will be my Christmas gift. IMO, that is better than anything that could be wrapped in paper.

Hey it can happen! 28 years ago this Christmas we got that wonderful call and picked up our son on Christmas Eve. Best present ever. :D

We're getting a new and desperately needed roof, which is going to cost. . . a lot. Our savings account will take quite a hit, so I'm having trouble justifying the expense of some of the things I want but don't need (a speedlight for my camera, an iPad) KWIM? :D

I think DH and I are going to buy a new TV for our bedroom for each other. Oh and I want a pair of new slippers and the new Our Best Bites Cookbook.

I need new slippers too...thos just went on my list...I love them...they look wonderfully comfortable and warm.

Fun thread :) I'm not asking for anything in the kitchen (athough I need it) I really don't like to cook, haha. So on my list goes

iphone 5 (Money to go towards it. Too costly to actually get the phone)

riding boots

running shoes

v-neck t-shirts

and a few other small things.