Menu

Immediate prayer for my 16 ds

You guys are awesome! I feel the power of your prayers and thoughts. I just heard from one of his friends who have him at their house. He asked for me to pick him up at ten.

I fear for my boy on so many levels. He is an FASD and NAS (born addicted to methadone). He definitely has an addictive personality. I want to save him but I know he has to learn to make good decisions (which is very difficult for him).

On top of that, one of his friends tonight said some things that make me realize he is struggling with his roots (he apparently made reference to his birth family).

My boys really struggle.

And my daughter, who does not have special needs, really struggles to watch the drama of her brothers.

Pray I can collect him at ten, that he doesn't leave again, and for wisdom to deal with him and his struggles.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

I fear for my boy on so many levels. He is an FASD and NAS (born addicted to methadone). He definitely has an addictive personality. I want to save him but I know he has to learn to make good decisions (which is very difficult for him).

I hope he hears the little voice uttering that uber-true statement: no girl is worth it.

I hope he hears the little voice uttering that uber-true statement: no girl is worth it.

Well he heard loud voice of his mamma (and her text) saying no girl is worth it. I just don't think he gets it.

We are on our way to get him. I am praying I just collect him and deal with things tomorrow(rather than lecture him tonight which never works).

He's home and I hope he stays. Occasionally he has left the house after we've gone to bed. He is a very impulsive boy.

This was a tough night. At eight o'clock we tried to pick him up when his friends texted and told us where he was. When we arrived he was extremely belligerent. We hung around twenty minutes until he said pick him up at ten.

We could not convince him to come back with us at that time so we left hoping for the best at ten. As I said, he's home.

Thank you all for loving concern. These are tough years with special needs kids. I'm not always sure I'll have strength for tomorrow but sure enough we survive.

I'm off to take a hot bath.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so glad he's home now, Rose.

Jackie

Me too! Twice before he has taken off and not come home. Once I didn't know until the morning where he was, the other time I heard from a friend's mother that he was crashing at their place. It's terrifying.

It's a challenge each day. That's how we take it, one day at a time.

Me too! Twice before he has taken off and not come home. Once I didn't know until the morning where he was, the other time I heard from a friend's mother that he was crashing at their place. It's terrifying.

It's a challenge each day. That's how we take it, one day at a time.

Been there. :grouphug::grouphug:

Do you have a support group for yourselves?

One day at a time, honey. :grouphug::grouphug:

I:iagree:Is there a support group nearby?

I am so relieved that he's home. I will most definitely keep you and your

family in my prayers. :grouphug:

Karen

Been there. :grouphug::grouphug:

We have good friends but I don't always share things with people in real life. Our friends however have been along for lots of the journey. Our boys came with a lot of baggage. We've had challenges all along.

I'm just not sure how this will play out in the years to come. Generally this boy has a very pleasant personality. He is just so emotional and impulsive. I can't believe the drama last night over this girl.

I slept in a chair half the night.

Rose -

Hey, have you considered talking with someone who specializes in adoption family counseling? There is someone here where I live in Oregon that has done wonders for families who have adopted. Praying for wisdom as try and help your son during this difficult time.

T