Menu

Need good thoughts! My mom was in head on collision

I don't know where else I can post/talk about this.

My mom is 400 miles away in surgery.

She and her boyfriend were in a head on collision. My sister is at the hospital but is a basket case and is freaking out. I am in charge of doing all the updates and talking to the hospital etc. and doing the communicating with news and my brothers (one in Chicago, the other Manhattan).

The good news, she never lost consciousness full body cat scan looked good. Bad news, she appeared to have a slow abdominal bleed that requires the trauma surgery.

Please think really good thoughts if you can. Prayers, whatever. I would really appreciate it.

I just needed to get this out. Thanks.

She and her boyfriend were in a head on collision. My sister is at the hospital but is a basket case and is freaking out. I am in charge of doing all the updates and talking to the hospital etc. and doing the communicating with news and my brothers (one in Chicago, the other Manhattan).

I'm glad you have something to do. It always helps me.

How is her feller?

Thanks guys! <Why are you up so late?> I really needed it.

She is already out of surgery, but hopefully all will be well. She lost 2 pints of blood in all. She's in recovery.

Her boyfriend is fine, except he is mad as they had to use the jaws of life to get his foot out of the wreckage. It was attached to a new $39,000 prosthetic leg he just got today. He has tried for 3 years to get this leg through medicare.

This is the part that sucks about living so far away from any family.

I don't know where else I can post/talk about this.

My mom is 400 miles away in surgery.

The good news, she never lost consciousness full body cat scan looked good. Bad news, she appeared to have a slow abdominal bleed that requires the trauma surgery.

Please think really good thoughts if you can. Prayers, whatever. I would really appreciate it.

I just needed to get this out. Thanks.

Praying she is ok.

I would like to give a plug for the Honda Element's safety.

This is really hard as my sister is the "go to" person, and she is not capable of being the go to person. I would hope she rises to the occasion, but I am not that optimistic. I had to calm her down about 6 times. :tongue_smilie:

Now, as I look at her FB post about it, she is in a fight with our carpetbagger "aunt" who drove my 95 year old grandma to the hospital last night (1 1/2 hours from the house)... I can only imagine what that is all about.

Ok, I think I am emotionally prepared to call the hospital this morning.

All siblings and my dad have been updated. You have been updated.

BTW, you all do great work! :D

Edited by radiobrain

Her boyfriend is fine, except he is mad as they had to use the jaws of life to get his foot out of the wreckage. It was attached to a new $39,000 prosthetic leg he just got today.

This sounds like a bad sitcom plot.

Glad everyone is going to recover!