Menu

Need good thoughts! My mom was in head on collision

Thanks guys! <Why are you up so late?> I really needed it.

She is already out of surgery, but hopefully all will be well. She lost 2 pints of blood in all. She's in recovery.

Her boyfriend is fine, except he is mad as they had to use the jaws of life to get his foot out of the wreckage. It was attached to a new $39,000 prosthetic leg he just got today. He has tried for 3 years to get this leg through medicare.

This is the part that sucks about living so far away from any family.

Prayers have been said that there will be continued healing. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I hope they recover quickly and that insurance will cover a new leg.

Unfortunately it most likely won't. Insurance and prosthetics s~ck. Ask me how I know. Hopefully he has a compassionate prosthetist that will work with him to fix the situation. But very glad to hear everything is working out well.

I talked to her on the phone a while ago. She should get out of ICU soon.

She sounded good but maybe that was the painkillers. ;)

My visit to Wisconsin will be moved up a week or two, to be sure.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

It has been really hard dealing with this over the phone. I seem to be the only one who actually gets through to talk to doctors and nurses, lol. I told my mom when she should expect to get out of ICU.

BTW, everything that happens in my family sounds like it should be on a sitcom. I wish I weren't serious. It is exhausting!

<and of course this happens when my one brother is on vacation in the mountains w/ barely any signal, my other brother's car is in the shop, it is a HOLIDAY (just like it would be a weekend, if it weren't), and I couldn't leave without major headaches on my end.>

It has been really hard dealing with this over the phone. I seem to be the only one who actually gets through to talk to doctors and nurses, lol. I told my mom when she should expect to get out of ICU.

BTW, everything that happens in my family sounds like it should be on a sitcom. I wish I weren't serious. It is exhausting!

<and of course this happens when my one brother is on vacation in the mountains w/ barely any signal, my other brother's car is in the shop, it is a HOLIDAY (just like it would be a weekend, if it weren't), and I couldn't leave without major headaches on my end.>

What a week!

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm glad she's doing better. I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you. :grouphug::grouphug:

She should be released today, but she will need a blood transfusion.

I found out last night that her boyfriend broke his neck. He is lucky to be alive, and then luckier to not be paralyzed.

So good news, bad news, good news, bad news.:001_huh:

She should be released today, but she will need a blood transfusion.

I found out last night that her boyfriend broke his neck. He is lucky to be alive, and then luckier to not be paralyzed.

So good news, bad news, good news, bad news.:001_huh:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: