Menu

How old was/is you dh when you had your last baby?

The other thread got me thinking. My dh will be 46 this summer and our baby just turned 1 year old.

I'm really feel done and have peace with it. So does my dh. He doesn't want any more, mainly b/c of age and I don't blame him one bit.

I'm sure there are other mama's out there with babies/toddlers and older dh's...:bigear:

I was 29 when DD9 was born and DH was 40.

Wow...a lot of younger mamas with older DHs replying to this thread. Is that just who is replying or is there a lot of this situation in the homeschool community? Hhhhmmmm.....

I don't know the answer to that question, but I am 34 while dh is 45. I was just thinking the opposite, there are many younger moms/dads on here!

I was 29 when DD9 was born and DH was 40.

Wow...a lot of younger mamas with older DHs replying to this thread. Is that just who is replying or is there a lot of this situation in the homeschool community? Hhhhmmmm.....

I don't know about this but I know when I married dh and our kids were born we had no intention of homeschooling.

My husband was 45 when our last was born. The thing that made me think hard about another one a few years later was calculating how old he would be when the kids hit the grumpy puberty stage and when he's teaching our youngest to drive. Of course, they're not deal breakers in and of themselves, but having 4 kids go through high school and early college stage - it is DRAINING.

Babies are fun and they do keep you young, but they grow up. Raising them to adulthood is a hard (and often thankless) job.

We're probably done, though I could be convinced for another. DH was 39 and feels very strongly about not wanting to be an old dad. We just finished up a very stressful time of dealing with end of life care for his dad (who was 42 when he was born) while at the same time managing a new born. He doesn't want his own kids to go through that.