Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

Sorry to be gross/for the tmi but now passing kind of large clots so I really think that's that. :(

Will go for scan to confirm Tuesday though.

So sad to have two pregnancies in a row end so badly, especially when I'm 39 and already feel like I'm running out of time.

My husband says he is sad, but glad this time it happened in a way that was early and prob needs no medical intervention that would stop us from trying again right away. And I want to but it's also so exhausting to think of all the trying and waiting and testing and waiting and worrying and waiting all over again...

:(

:grouphug: I am so very sorry.

We tried again immediately after a miscarriage at 12 weeks, I got pregnant straight away (with DS11), I didn't even have a period, it was a matter of 5 weeks and I was pregnant again. I did bleed for the first three months, sometimes quite a lot, which was excruciating, but he was born the biggest of my four babies, and has definitely proved the toughest.

:grouphug:

Cassy

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. Cramping getting worse now. Just took a pain killer. I've never had a m/c on my own at home before. :( Had a D&C for a blighted ovum before I conceived dd11, and last summer's ectopic was even earlier than this and they gave me a shot of methotrexate. This time I just don't know everything to expect. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad physically.

I am so sorry. Please take it easy and have someone stay with you. Miscarrying naturally can be really tough physically and emotionally for many women. Some people say it's just like a heavy period, but my natural miscarriage was very difficult with lots of blood, terrible cramps (like labour pains), and was quite emotional. I hope your husband can be there and perhaps your kids could visit a friend for the day.

You don't know me. I'm a nobody on this board. I've been here since the "old" board but am pretty much anonymous except for occasional come and go. But I wanted to let you know that even some of us "nobodies" have been following your story and are praying for you now. I have no better words to say to you than anyone else has already said so I'll just take it to the throne and pray for you.

I am so sorry. Please take it easy and have someone stay with you. Miscarrying naturally can be really tough physically and emotionally for many women. Some people say it's just like a heavy period, but my natural miscarriage was very difficult with lots of blood, terrible cramps (like labour pains), and was quite emotional. I hope your husband can be there and perhaps your kids could visit a friend for the day.

I had a miscarriage 15 years ago and that's exactly what I experienced.

Have someone stay with you.

You don't know me. I'm a nobody on this board. I've been here since the "old" board but am pretty much anonymous except for occasional come and go. But I wanted to let you know that even some of us "nobodies" have been following your story and are praying for you now. I have no better words to say to you than anyone else has already said so I'll just take it to the throne and pray for you.

Oh, honey. I'm so sorry. I wish we could all come and take turns giving you a hug.

All of you- no matter how much or how little I normally interact with you or what our similarities or differences are- have meant so much to me through all of these ups and downs. I really can't thank you enough for all the support.

Unfortunately my husband couldn't stay home today- he has appointments and the one other guy who works with him is on vacation. But he's going to try to come home early, and he set up a little pool before he went, so the kids are enjoying that and it gives me some space. If things get too bad I can call my mom to either hang out with me or take the kids, but I'm hanging in. Going back and forth between feeling really sad and matter of fact about everything. Going to grab a good book and periodically check in on the boards with my phone and just try to distract myself.

This. :grouphug: All of my m/c have been natural at home. 5 were like bad periods. The 6th was horrid, but I think that is because it was a full week after we learned the baby was gone to when I actually started passing it that the cramps were so bad and more labour like, lots of blood etc. I second the idea of sending the kids to a friend for the day and just laying down and resting as much as you can.

Like others, I've prayed often for you and this little one (even though I haven't responded but one other time)....prayers for this little miracle to "bloom where it is planted". I know you like to read. There is a book called, "Bloom Where You Are Planted"...forget the authors name. I read it years ago and liked it. When I remembered that title I thought of the baby...for the baby to bloom where it's (s/he) is planted.

I'm so sorry. Still, as you mentioned it would need to be confimed one way or the other. So good to hear your dh is optimisitc. Miracles still do happen...whether it's this time or another.

No. :( No, no, no. <sigh> I really am so sorry. And I really understand. I am 39 and this pg is the 4th try. I lost one after another, 3 times and never even meant to get pg this time.

The mental exhaustion of facing trying again, waiting to try, waiting to test, waiting to start bleeding... It is hard and it drains you emotionally down to almost nothing.

:grouphug: This sucks and I hate it. I am sorry. :grouphug:

Well, that just sucks!

When I was 39, and trying to conceive, I had 2 miscarriages before having Miss Bossy, then I had another one a year after having her.

Who would have thought that I would have Miss Happy at 43?

I looked up the statistics when I found out I was pregnant with her-at 42, after 3 miscarriages, I had less than a 2% chance of carrying her to term, and yet, here she is.

So, feel free to rant and rave and grieve, but don't give up.

It is always hard to lose a longed for baby.