Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a faint second line...it could be a positive. I would test again first thing in the morning and see what happens.

** Ok, I should have read some of the responses before I posted. Congrats!! I hope all goes well. I can understand your excitement...dh & I just found out baby #7 is on the way.

Edited by Katiebug_1976

It sure did take long enough but today, at 17 dpo (4w6d pregnant) I took another one of my dollar store pregnancy tests, which I haven't done since the morning of 15 dpo, and for the first time ever, it FINALLY looked significantly darker to me. Not as dark as the control line, but not so faint it worried me, at least!

Attaching a pic of today's test by itself, and one next to the tests from 13 and 15 dpo for comparison. The one from 13 dpo is so light it doesn't even show up in the picture- it's there, but ridiculously faint. And today's is definitely darker than the one from 15 dpo! :)

I guess those dollar store tests DO just take a long time to darken because my tests were taken from 10 dpo to 17 dpo!

P.S. 16 more days until my ultrasound! :D

P.S.S. In case I haven't said this, I am SO grateful for all of your encouragement, support, feedback, and just being there for/with me through all of this! :) And not just now but ever since my ectopic last summer. It means a lot to know there's always someone "there" who gets it and/or sympathizes and/or celebrates with you, even if they are "just" your Internet Buddies lol.

ETA: Katie, congrats on your positive, too!!!

Edited by NanceXToo

It sure did take long enough but today, at 17 dpo (4w6d pregnant) I took another one of my dollar store pregnancy tests, which I haven't done since the morning of 15 dpo, and for the first time ever, it FINALLY looked significantly darker to me. Not as dark as the control line, but not so faint it worried me, at least!

Attaching a pic of today's test by itself, and one next to the tests from 13 and 15 dpo for comparison. The one from 13 dpo is so light it doesn't even show up in the picture- it's there, but ridiculously faint. And today's is definitely darker than the one from 15 dpo! :)

I guess those dollar store tests DO just take a long time to darken because my tests were taken from 10 dpo to 17 dpo!

P.S.S. In case I haven't said this, I am SO grateful for all of your encouragement, support, feedback, and just being there for/with me through all of this! :) And not just now but ever since my ectopic last summer. It means a lot to know there's always someone "there" who gets it and/or sympathizes and/or celebrates with you, even if they are "just" your Internet Buddies lol.

Hey, while you're up taking pictures, how 'bout a quick walk around the block?

:D

Hey, while you're up taking pictures, how 'bout a quick walk around the block?

Oh, to the Chinese take out place, you mean???

:lol:

j/k.

It's been raining for days, and cold, too. Today says mostly cloudy with 40 percent chance of scattered showers and a high of 72, so I might be able to fit a walk in sometime today!

Just checked back in with you. Wow, I miss a lot when I skip a couple days! So....Congratulations! I am so happy for you! As are the other thousands that have been following this...this kid has been the most heavily anticipated baby I have ever seen :) Talk about starting off with a bang! ;)

And of course...the party scene!

:party:

Hey Nance, I can definately see the line now! :D Congrats!! I hope all goes well and you are blessed with a happy, healthy baby! I just joined the social group you started, so it will be fun keeping up with how things progress. Wishing you LOTS of patience...I think that is the hardest part!

Woot! Looks good! 16 days is just around the corner! Congratulations mama! :party: :hurray: :grouphug: :grouphug:

After my break I get this more than ever!

I am really happy for you Nance!

Thanks, all!

15 more days...

Yay! You'll be hearing your baby's heartbeat soon! :) :grouphug::grouphug: Play lots of soothing music and take nice soothing baths with lit candles so you can be tension free and calm and baby will be happy too. :)

Yay! You'll be hearing your baby's heartbeat soon! :) :grouphug::grouphug:

I sure hope so! 14 days to go!

Unfortunately, I've now got a killer sore throat. Need to call the dr when they open and find out what I'm allowed to take for it.

But in more fun news, at 5w1d if all is well the baby has gone from being the size of an orange seed to the size of a sweet pea lol.

Unfortunately, I've now got a killer sore throat. Need to call the dr when they open and find out what I'm allowed to take for it.

But in more fun news, at 5w1d if all is well the baby has gone from being the size of an orange seed to the size of a sweet pea lol.

This is going to be fun, the weekly size comparisons of your baby.

Awwww and what a sweet pea it is!! :001_wub: Ask your doctor if you're allowed to take oregano oil while preggers. It's GREAT for colds and knocks them out quick. I take it when I get a sore throat and many times I'm well by the next day. It's natural too, but herbal so you should have your doctor's okay first. In the meantime you can gargle with warm water and salt for the pain and that won't harm you or the baby. Feel better mama! :grouphug::grouphug:

This is going to be fun, the weekly size comparisons of your baby.

Yeah I love reading about how it changes and grows! :)

Awwww and what a sweet pea it is!! :001_wub: Ask your doctor if you're allowed to take oregano oil while preggers. It's GREAT for colds and knocks them out quick. I take it when I get a sore throat and many times I'm well by the next day. It's natural too, but herbal so you should have your doctor's okay first. In the meantime you can gargle with warm water and salt for the pain and that won't harm you or the baby. Feel better mama! :grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks, Ibby! It's still sore but no worse than yesterday so hopefully it won't get any worse than this. Gargling with warm water and salt is a good idea!

Well, I'm down to under two weeks to wait for my ultrasound...13 more days to go!

Yeah I love reading about how it changes and grows! :)

Thanks, Ibby! It's still sore but no worse than yesterday so hopefully it won't get any worse than this. Gargling with warm water and salt is a good idea!

Well, I'm down to under two weeks to wait for my ultrasound...13 more days to go!

Woo hoo!!! :party: :hurray: :thumbup: :cheers2: to your little bean! Feel better sweetheart! Happy Mother's Day too! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Ugh sore throat got so bad last night that it was painful to swallow and radiated into my ears and I couldn't even sleep. I took extra vitamin c, water, and ate some honey. Dh went to Walmart at 12:30 AM and bought me Tylenol and chloroseptic spray.

He proceeded to give me four sprays of the stuff (it said to do 5) which I swallowed- and then saw it said to keep it on affected area for 15 seconds and then spit it out!!!

I freaked out and called poison control, which I've never done in my life, because I was afraid it would be harmful to the baby, and a very nice nurse named Michelle assured me it wouldn't be and that I'd have to swallow more than what was in the whole bottle for it to do any real harm. So then I slept better.

My throat still hurts this morning when I swallow though.

But only 12 more days til the ultrasound!

I was going to call my dr at 9 this morning when they opened. Instead at 2 AM when I again couldn't sleep and felt like I was swallowing razor blades and both ears were hurting worse, I had dh take me to the ER.

My throat was swollen and both ears infected (one he had a hard time looking at, it was nearly swollen shut).

He (the ER doc who said he's a dad of 12!!) gave me a one time oral dose of steroids to jumpstart things, a bottle of ear drops I have to use for five days- two drops each ear four times a day. A starter dose of antibiotics and a prescription for more. And two vicodin to go for pain and a prescription for more to use as needed.

By 3:40 AM I'd had all those first doses.

My husband is at the pharmacy now filling my prescriptions. My ears are marginally better this morning, throat still very bad. Hope by the end of the day I notice improvement there.

They said none of this stuff would be harmful to the baby. Hopefully they are right.

In brighter news, I'm one day closer to my ultrasound. 11 days to go!

Edited by NanceXToo

I was going to call my dr at 9 this morning when they opened. Instead at 2 AM when I again couldn't sleep and felt like I was swallowing razor blades and both ears were hurting worse, I had dh take me to the ER.

My throat was swollen and both ears infected (one he had a hard time looking at, it was nearly swollen shut).

He (the ER doc who said he's a dad of 12!!) gave me a one time oral dose of steroids to jumpstart things, a bottle of ear drops I have to use for five days- two drops each ear four times a day. A starter dose of antibiotics and a prescription for more. And two vicodin to go for pain and a prescription for more to use as needed.

By 3:40 AM I'd had all those first doses.

My husband is at the pharmacy now filling my prescriptions. My ears are marginally better this morning, throat still very bad. Hope by the end of the day I notice improvement there.

They said none of this stuff would be harmful to the baby. Hopefully they are right.

In brighter news, I'm one day closer to my ultrasound. 11 days to go!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Oh sweetie, I"m sorry you're in so much pain and going through all of this! That stinks. I hope the meds the doc gave you works soon and you can get some relief. I hope you're able to get some rest. My thoughts and prayers are with you! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Oh sweetie, I"m sorry you're in so much pain and going through all of this! That stinks. I hope the meds the doc gave you works soon and you can get some relief. I hope you're able to get some rest. My thoughts and prayers are with you! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks, Ibby! :)

Today is a definite improvement over yesterday, though still definitely not feeling well. Hopefully it'll just keep getting better quickly from here!

One (hopefully) good thing to come out of it though was that I called my OB's office yesterday to let them know what had happened and what the ER doctor prescribed and to make sure they were good with all of that. The Physician's Assistant ended up answering the phone which never happens, and she said it all sounded fine and she hoped I felt better. Then she asked how things were going with the pregnancy, if I had any cramping, spotting, etc and we chatted a minute about the pregnancy and my upcoming appointment (10 more days!!)

Then I asked her if there was any way she'd do just one more blood test for my HCG levels just to see where things stood as they had risen normally initially but seemed on the low side. She said sure, no problem, and that they should have risen quite a bit by now, and she sent me in for one last test yesterday afternoon. I should get those results this morning, and hopefully my levels are nice and high now! :D

HCG levels still more than doubling every two days!

11 dpo: 34.28

13 dpo: 58.49

15 dpo: 131.31

22 dpo: 1,832

:)

Just have to wait out ten more days until the ultrasound now!

Nice numbers!! :party:

I hope the next 10 days pass quickly for you!

HCG levels still more than doubling every two days!

11 dpo: 34.28

13 dpo: 58.49

15 dpo: 131.31

22 dpo: 1,832

:)

Just have to wait out ten more days until the ultrasound now!

Woo Hoo!!!! Looking real good mama! :hurray: Feel better! :grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks, all! It's hard not to still worry a little when you read about so many other women having levels way into the 5,000's or more by this stage, but all I can do is reassure myself that they are rising/doubling like they should and wait to see that heartbeat! 9 more days to go, at least it's a single digit wait now! :D