Menu

Poll: Americans *only*, have you been outside of the country?

If you are an American, have you ever traveled outside of the US?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you are an American, have you ever traveled outside of the US?

• Nope, never.
    • Yes, one country.
    • Yes, two countries.
    • Yes, three countries.
    • Yes, four countries.
    • Yes, five countries.
    • Yes, six countries.
    • Yes, seven countries.
    • Yes, eight or more countries.
    • Other.

If you are an American, have you ever traveled outside of the US?

eta: We lived in Germany for 5 years, and we traveled a lot. I've been to 14(?) countries other than the US, if I'm remembering them all. e(again)ta: FWIW, I did not count Hawaii. ;)

Edited by Mrs Mungo

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada, in the Boundary Waters. I never saw a Canadian person, but we did go past a marker that said we went into Canada.

Mexico, into Tiajuana. I rode a trolly with my Grandmother from San Diego to Tiajuana one summer when I was little.

Italy, a school trip. I did actually experience some of the country. I remember trying to navigate on the bus system in Rome and getting very confused.

Yes, once to Mexico, just over the border for an afternoon. :D I lived in Texas at the time with my sister, I was 17yo. She and her boyfriend got drunk one night and said "lets go to Mexico!" We drove most of the night, spent the afternoon there and drove back to Austin later in the day.

No one in my immediate family has a passport. I can only think of one couple in my extended family who would have one, my in-laws who have vacationed in Mexico before.

ETA: I forgot my dh does have a passport. He had a business trip to Mexico once several years back, I don't even know if it is still valid or not. Considering I didn't drive 15 minutes into Portland today due to fuel prices and no money.....I doubt this will change any time soon. :(

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

I've been to England and Canada. My husband was in the Navy and has visited numerous countries. 2 of my children have visited other countries, my son sailed to Canada and my daughter went to England with me. My other two children will go to Canada with us at the end of the month.

I lived in Germany for 12 years and we travelled quite extensively while we were over there: Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Ireland, England, Denmark. Canada several times as we live in a bordering state.

Dh travels the world for work and has been way more places: Japan, China, India, Costa Rica and several more European countries that I haven't been to. He's not American though. ;)

too many to count. I have very generous parents who get really good travel deals. My daughter has been on cruises with disney twice and on a mediterean cruise, so she has been to many countries in europe and africa. she was almost 3 for that vacation. Soo glad I was nursing her and put her back in pull-ups!!!

my other daughter would have to vote 'other' since I was preggers with her for the medditerean cruise. She likes to tell people she climbed the leaning tower of pisa.. in my tummy!!

Also, my husband will work even on vacation unless he is on a cruise that goes out of the country and using the computer is REALLY expensive.

Robin in nj

Canada (several provinces), Mexico, and Jamaica.

My sister is the world traveler: Togo, West Africa and on that same trip the Netherlands and England (all during high school). Additionally, France and Belgium, Mexico, and Nigeria during college.

She has also been to the US protectorate - U.S. Virgin Islands.

Dh - Canada and Mexico.

Faith

Canada and Mexico only, at this point. I have been to Hawaii, but that doesn't really count in my mind, since it's a State.

Looking forward to seeing several countries in Europe in the coming months.

Well, I meant Hawaii as a joke....as I assume the others did. Though it was a far longer flight than the one to Canada.

And I think Alaska should count. You can look right over and see Russia.

Switzerland

Austria

Germany

United Kingdom (we visited England, Scotland, and Wales)

Spain

Morocco

Mexico

Canada

Costa Rica

France

Ireland

Adding Italy and the Netherlands next month.

Hawaii does not count!

I rode in a plane for the first time when I was 20. I've been making up for lost time ever since.