Menu

Where did your WTM forum name come from?

Three kids and 9 assorted pets (and now my dd is asking for a hedgehog!). I wish we lived on a farm so we could add some sheep and chickens to our menagerie. Unfortunately, we are stuck in the suburbs. My neighbor said she wants to have her cub scout troop visit our "petting zoo" to earn a badge. By the way, my dh doesn't like animals and never had a pet growing up (not even a fish), but he indulges the rest of us (and pays the vet bills).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too funny! There are a few of us here that play WoW. I wouldn't have ever thought. I've been playing for 5 years now, but not nearly as addicted as I used to be.

LOL. Dare I admit it??? I was also a Starcraft addict. Now I'm so not interested in gaming. It's weird. Sometimes when I knew I'd have a big break (like Christmas) I would try to start up some old games, but I'd just get bored.

Okay, back to your usually programming....

LOL. Dare I admit it??? I was also a Starcraft addict. Now I'm so not interested in gaming. It's weird. Sometimes when I knew I'd have a big break (like Christmas) I would try to start up some old games, but I'd just get bored.

Okay, back to your usually programming....

Lol! I know! Should this be admitted??? Yes, I have a video game addiction! WoW, Starcraft, Minecraft, Sims 3, Warhammer and many others. The latest is Skyrim. Do Not start Skyrim if you ever wanna do anything else. LOL I have now admitted my problem. They say that's the first step.

I have a unusual first name. The mix of my first name and my last name is very unusual. If I every google "firstname lastname" on google I only find myself.

Awhile ago I wanted to have a very common web name I could use everywhere. So I picked Julie Smith since you can't get much more common then that.

Mine came from a dream. :lol: Yup, The Elegant Lion was a decorating shop with really cool textiles, at least in my dream. Plus I have long curly bushy hair. I tend to growl in the morning too, so that fits.

DS4's name is Leo and he identifies very strongly with lions - strangely even when he was a tiny baby he had some very 'cat-like' behaviours. He often looks at my laptop and has spotted your avatar on a number of occasions and always wants to know about it, I'm glad I've got a story for him now.

Cassy

I have promised DH on pain of death :tongue_smilie: that I will never use our names in online forums. So my name is a combinations of initials and a number that has significance to our family.

Like pp have said, if I had realized how much I would be on here, I would have used something more creative and/or name-like. :001_smile:

Years ago, I served an LDS mission in Austria. LDS missionaries always use their title (Elder or Sister) and their surname. My maiden name happens to sounds a lot like a popular German nickname for especially tiny baby girls that means ” little mouse” and I happened to be one of the physically smallest missionaries serving there at the time, so somebody stuck me with the name. That group of dear friends has called me either ” mauschen” (should be an umlaut in there, but I'm on my phone) or ” maus” ever since.

I've used it online since I first went online.

Mine is a combination of the two primary identities I've had in life. Of course, mommy is self explanatory. :tongue_smilie: Rooch on the other hand is unique to me.

The story goes that when I was a baby I would cry and cry in order to get my dad to come and get me. I would cry until he came and picked me up and immediately after he picked me up I would stop. I guess it was an attention thing. :D Anyway, my dad used to say that I was "rooching" again. Rooch was his word for crying so my nickname became Rooch. I am 34 now and to this day my dad still calls me Rooch.:D :lol:

So anyway, like I said, my pre kids identity and my post kids identity combined makes me Mommyrooch. :001_smile:

Mine describes my family. :)

Evidently, so does mine. I think it came from not being able to remember my old board name, no longer having the associated email address, and being just plain insane from twin sleep deprivation.

I was probably hiding in the bathroom when I made it.

DS4's name is Leo and he identifies very strongly with lions - strangely even when he was a tiny baby he had some very 'cat-like' behaviours. He often looks at my laptop and has spotted your avatar on a number of occasions and always wants to know about it, I'm glad I've got a story for him now.

Cassy

:D:D I like naps too, hence my sleepy lion. ;)

The imagery is straight from the meanings of my real names. I should have put more thought into it, though, because I'm not actually really into dragons. I do find I have begun to like being referred to as "dragons," in the plural and lowercase, as though I myself am the entire species. :lol: I have tried to change my user icon several times, but as soon as I do I start getting PMs requesting that it return. So I guess I feel established, at least.

Mine is from a pirate name generator. At one time on the old boards, many Ellens had joined and I had trouble keeping track of which posts were mine. So, I changed my name in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day. Also, I love the ides of having a buxom, slightly naughty alter-ego;).

I've always liked your user name. I'm glad to know where it came from!

Mine is from high school. I favored Vivien Leigh in looks and Scarlett O'Hara in personality. I had a family friend who called me Vivien and a teacher who called me Scarlett. Once the teacher called me Scarlett other's followed suit. But I'm out of high school for nearly 30 years and no one calls me that anymore....so it makes for a good forum ID.

Well my real name is Broomhilde and "Meggie" is the obvious nickname, so there ya go.

Ok, I lied. I wanted a fun story. I've always hated the name "Megan"and when I was a senior in high school, I found out my mom had named me Megan so that she could use "Meggie" as a nickname. Apparently she had watched The Thornbirds shortly before I arrived. Since I liked meggie better than Megan, I started using it as a screen name.

Well, mine is from the song... I have sung 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on My Bed to my dc for the past 14 years.

It started when my oldest was born and I would lay her on my bed to change her diaper. She loved singing and that particular song kept her the most still. As she got older she would always ask me to sing it when I would change her diaper on my bed and if she was really still she would get to jump on my bed while I finished the song. All of my dc have done this. Fast forward to now...everytime dd3 gets an opportunity to be in my room she will jump on the bed and yell, "Monkey song, mama!" until I sing through the whole thing. I imagine eventually I'll have grandbabbies jumping on my bed while I sing that song! It's not great for my mattress but it sure makes me smile.:D

I wish i were as supple as the wind. I am actually rigid, punctual, neurotic, high strung, and obsessive compulsive and thought if I tried out that name i could turn over a new leaf. My husband noticed what forum name I was using and thought it was hysterical.

:lol: The power of positive thinking, eh? And here I am, I would have taken you at face value. You missed out 'very amusing' on your list of your better qualities.

Maybe suppleasthewind could be an abbreviated New Year's Resolution?

Best wishes

Cassy