Menu

Where did your WTM forum name come from?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, before the board was in this form and you could actually change your name, someone posted a link to a "pirate name" generator. I can't even remember what the questions were, but it generated a name. Mine was Mad Charity so that was what I became. When the forum changed to this format, I used it again but now I wish I could change it. I was Christy in TN in 2000 on this board and I would LOVE to be that again.

My son went through a sheep obsession phase when he was about three and four. He would follow me around chanting "I'm the baby sheep, you're the mama sheep," and when he wanted me for something he'd call, "Mama sheep!" It's now a name I use quite a bit online. :)

Also, there's a poem I like that reminds me of those days when I was the mama sheep and he was my little lamb:

Twas a sheep not a lamb that strayed away

In the parable Jesus told,

A grown-up sheep that strayed away

From the ninety and nine in the fold.

And why for the sheep should we seek

And earnestly hope and pray?

Because there is danger when sheep go wrong;

They lead the lambs astray.

Lambs will follow the sheep, you know,

Wherever the sheep may stray.

When sheep go wrong, it won’t take long

Til the lambs are as wrong as they.

And so with the sheep we earnestly plead

For the sake of the lambs today,

For when sheep are lost, what a terrible cost

The lambs will have to pay!

-C. C. Miller

That line in the middle, "Lambs will follow the sheep, you know, wherever the sheep may stray," puts that picture in my mind of my little guy following me around through my day. Being an (undiagnosed at the time) Aspie, he was quite persistent and obsessive about it. We had a bit of a rocky time of it that year he was four (that's the year I still look back at on bad days and think, "Well, at least this isn't as bad as that!") with weird OCD issues and rages and whatnot, and the rest of the poem sort of served as a reminder that I'd better watch how I reacted to him because I was the Mama Sheep, and my actions would have lasting consequences on my little guy.

I dunno...I guess my name is a bit laden with baggage...lol...

ETA: Here's something cute to show how obsessive he was about the sheep thing. His four year old birthday cake was, at his request (aka demand), a mama sheep with four baby sheep:

dcp_1194-e1325009849474.jpgdcp_1180-e1325009804688.jpg

Edited by MamaSheep

On the old board, I was "Diane in Phoenix". When the new board started we were living in Hong Kong, but I didn't want to be "Diane in HK" because I knew it was temporary. We weren't sure where we'd be living when we left Asia, and now that we're back home in Phoenix we always spend the summer months away.

My daughter, through her reading of English lit, liked "Elinor", so we tagged on the ending "Everywhere" since we're on the go quite a bit.

I was threelops on the old boards (a name I picked for internet usage way back when I had only 3 lop eared bunnies). Shortly before the board change, I decided to change names. Someone suggested JudoMom, and it describes where I am now (I'm a Mom who is working towards a black belt in Judo, and a Mom who has kids who do Judo).

well, welcome to boring city LOL. Way back when we first got internet, I had to pick an e-mail address, so I just sort of strung all the initials in the family together. Then, because I'm lazy and forget things easily, I've always just used variations of that for various passwords or board names. So there you are. Mark & Kayleen Todd, (my kids are..) Kendra Cami & Ben. Woo hoo ;o)

Many many years ago (as in 13 years ago), I needed a username for some board I was on. At the time I had 1 infant son and was pregnant with my daughter. I asked my then husband for an idea and he came up with swellmomma, he said it worked 2 fold, I was a good mom (swell) and I was swelling up from being pregnant (he always was a bit of a brat). It stuck and has been my user name everywhere for 13 years now.

Mine is the nickname my mother, aunt and cousin used to call me by, no one else ever used it. They've all passed away in recent years. I was on this board previously under my own name, but left due to some serious privacy issues. I joined again under Cassy, because that's still who I am, but certain nosey people do not know me by that name. (Although I'm beginning to care less about the nosey people :closedeyes:).

Cassy

Jinnah is my dd's middle name. I got that name from one of the books in the Left Behind series. There was a female Indian character named Jinnah and I loved the name and it sounded perfect with dd's first name. Later, I looked up the name Jinnah and, apparently, it's the last name of the founder of Pakistan, and it's used for both boys and girls.

Edited by Jinnah

A few years ago a friend of mine posted a poll asking what your stage name would be. I have always liked The Unsinkable Molly Brown, so I decided mine would be The Unsinkable Kristen Chapman. My friends all loved it, and started calling me that IRL. So now my friends all call me "UK" by email, text, and facebook and my husband calls me Unsinkable :D.

Funny enough, it's become quite a part of my outlook on life and is pretty meaningful to me at this point. While going through a particularly hard time, I told myself that being Unsinkable doesn't mean you don't go underwater, it means that you always bob back up :D.

Littlebug is one of my pet names for my youngest daughter (the one pictures in my avatar). 42 because it is the answer to life, the universe and everything. I met my dh during a stage production of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" so 42 is considered a lucky number around here.

ETA: I finally graduated to an Empress Bee instead of a Queen Bee. Woo-Hoo!

I used to play World of Warcraft and a night elf was my favorite race in the game.

I used to be so addicted to WOW... but I liked the older version. Haven't played it in years though.

to answer the OP. When my 10yr old was little my husband and he used to love play fighting. One day they must have been playing with wooden swords and they were playing and fight a dragon or something. I somehow got placed into play because my dh said something like "We must protect the fair princess from dragon!" and my son started calling me "Princess mommy". I became PrincessMommy for many of those games, apparently (I just had to walk in the room and suddenly I was in the game ;) ). LOL. Anyway, it's a screenname I' use in a couple of places. I'm not very creative, so if I like one I'll stick with it.

Being a newbie, I'm enjoying this thread.

I used to be so addicted to WOW... but I liked the older version. Haven't played it in years though.

to answer the OP. When my 10yr old was little my husband and he used to love play fighting. One day they must have been playing with wooden swords and they were playing and fight a dragon or something. I somehow got placed into play because my dh said something like "We must protect the fair princess from dragon!" and my son started calling me "Princess mommy". I became PrincessMommy for many of those games, apparently (I just had to walk in the room and suddenly I was in the game ;) ). LOL. Anyway, it's a screenname I' use in a couple of places. I'm not very creative, so if I like one I'll stick with it.

Being a newbie, I'm enjoying this thread.

This is too funny! There are a few of us here that play WoW. I wouldn't have ever thought. I've been playing for 5 years now, but not nearly as addicted as I used to be.