Menu

What color is your bedroom?

Just moved into a new house and my room is gold. I tried to get used to it, but I have concluded I don't like it (though dh does... but I think he might just be painting project averse!;) ) It's nice and warm, but it just feels like too much for a bedroom... I want something softer/calmer. My comforter is sort of a grey/khaki color. I was thinking blue for the walls but now I am wondering if that will be too cold for a bedroom. What do you think? What color is YOUR room? Dh says anything is fine with him except pink!

robin egg blue,

it is not cold at all, but I do have brown drapes and spread on the bed, it is so calming to me.

ETA: It is very close to the Williamsburg Blue referenced above. I can make a picture of my room if you want to see it on the walls?

Edited by fairfarmhand

Its kinda a taupey color. I really like it.

My room used to be blue because I read it was a calming color and good for the bedroom.

Uggh. I hated it. It was anything but calming. I used to lie in bed and stare at the walls and wonder what was I thinking.

Liveable Green with white moudling.

Ours is probably a shade or two darker than this. I really do love it! It matches our bedspread. One of these days I'd like a red (and taupe) room, though. (That real pretty dark color) :)

We live in a rental, and although we were told it was fine to paint, the master bedroom is huge and is currently 3, yes 3 shades of mustard yellow. I've dealt with it for 3 years so I just let it go. The walls are a medium shade (imagine grey poupon smeared all over) the ceiling is a slightly lighter shade (maybe grey poupon mixed with a little mayo) and the wood trim, which in the rest of the house is a nice bright white is the darkest shade (imagine grey poupon mixed with a hefty dose of french's classic yellow)

We'll be here until Sept. 2012, so maybe I'll paint it sometime this year.

Vaguely off-white at the moment (rental), but I just chose a medium brown for the bedroom in our new house. I have a gorgeous quilt that my mom made on our bed and wanted a dark neutral on the walls. We'll see how I like it.

Three of our walls are this and the accent wall behind our bed is the darkest brown on that paint strip.

What are your accent colors? I really like the walls, but I need some color. Everything else in the bedroom is brown and cream and it's a little boring. But I can't figure out what to add. Reds, maybe?

What are your accent colors? I really like the walls, but I need some color. Everything else in the bedroom is brown and cream and it's a little boring. But I can't figure out what to add. Reds, maybe?

Bluish greens. The colors of the deep ocean. I use a variety of colors and don't like for things to be too matchy-matchy.

My dresser is an antique painted cream.

Most of the wood is med-dark.

The room isn't bright sunny, but very mellow and calming.

I have hideous blue metallic print leaves (1970s era wallpaper). Feel sorry for me. :lol:

We bought this house 6 years ago, and have been going through it one room at a time, re-modeling and painting. I guess I can't complain, our bedroom is the last room to be done. We did pull the 5 colors of shag carpet :glare: out of the house and install hard wood through out, so at least the floors are nice. Now if we can get rid of that wall paper. :tongue_smilie:

my master bed and bath are open to each other - so I have two colors kinda belnding between the two. I used "Thunder Grey" which is actually kinda a greyish, light sage green color, and Dockside Haze - a light greyish blue color. They are very "spa" like :)

Mine is a gold with a slight green undertone.

I had it mixed to match the gold dragonflies on my burgandy curtains. So I have burgandy duvet as well and black end tables. Anyway, I like the color. Most of the walls in my house are painted with bright warm colors - the weather is just too grey for too long.

Soft light blue walls and chocolate brown carpet.

Cream colored curtains, in a soft linen fabric.

Chocolate colored curtains instead of a door to the closet. (The closet had horrible folding doors and I detested them. Having curtains in front of the closet is perfect for my house.)