Menu

Please pray for me, Mom passed away today

We had a very complicated relationship and thus my grief is very complicated. It is mingled with sadness over the relationship we never had. I thought I had let all that go a long time ago. My emotions are a jumbled mess.

Please pray for me to get through the next few days with some measure of peace.

I sympathize... my mom gave me up when I was 6. She committed suicide in March of 2006. I always hoped she'd come around, always thought we'd have more time. At first I didn't really feel that it affected me that bad, because she wasn't apart of my daily life. But then I'd feel guilt for feeling that way. I'd feel anger for her leaving the way she did. Upset that she never felt the need to patch things up. And then surprisingly I'd miss her... miss her when I had issues I knew she'd understand. And even though I knew it wouldn't be easy, I still would have loved the option of picking up the phone.

My point is, your going to go through a whole gamut of emotions, some completely odd to the typical grief process. Don't feel bad though or try to hold some idealized version of how you should be, just let yourself feel. In time you will come to terms with it. It will be hard, but hopefully after you've worked your way through, you can find the peace at the end with the love that will come. Love you may never had any idea was as deep for as it will be.

I know the sorrow is deep, and hard to navigate. But it's a process. Finding your own faith, and resolution will help you come to the peace you so desire. My prayers and thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Guest CarolineUK

Very sorry, Tammy, praying for you.

I lost my Mum two years ago, very suddenly. We had had a tempestuous relationship through the years, I was an only child and my father died when I was small, so it was a very intense relationship. Time does heal, and in my case it healed more than the grief I felt at her death, but also the grief I'd felt for such a long time because of never being quite good enough in her eyes.

Take good care of yourself, so that you can get through the next few days, weeks, months as smoothly as possible.

Let others look after you too. :grouphug: