Menu

How old is your child and what was the last book he/she read?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD is age 16 and recently read "The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks" by E. Lockhart as her latest fun read and is currently reading Mansfield Park.

DS age 15 is reading "The Iliad" and DS age 13 is reading The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper.

I am reading "Little Bee" currently and am enjoying it, though it is sad.

My 9 year old daughter is in the middle of reading a book called "Magyk" now, the first in a fantasy/adventure series by Angie Sage.

The last book she finished prior to that was the last in the Orphan Train quartet/Orphan Train Adventures, by Joan Lowery Nixon.

As a read aloud, she and I are in the middle of "Mary Poppins."

It's our first week of summer break, so they're both reading fun books.

DD 10 is reading The Last Olympian, the 8th Sisters Grimm book, and The Red Pyramid. I don't know how she can read three books at once, but she says it's not a problem for her.

DS6 is enjoying the Easy Reader Cam Jansen Mysteries. I'm reading the One-Eyed Giant to him.

Sweet-Pea is 8 and just finished the Little House on the Prairie series. She is 1/2 way through The Lightning Thief and Daddy is 1/2 way through book 4 of the Sisters Grimm series for her read aloud at night.

Boo Boo is 6 and has commitment issues when it comes to reading books. She starts many but finishes few. She just began the Little House on the Prairie series this week so we'll see. For her read aloud, we are about 1/2 through More Stories from Grandma's Attic. We finished the first one just before this one.

dd13.5 ~ she's insistent on that .5 these days ;) ~ is reading the third book in the Vampire Diaries series. (I read these and blech! Twilight was much, much better!)

ds11 ~ doesn't sit & read independently, but he enjoys reading with me..our most recent read aloud (dd13 also listened) was The Witch of Blackbird Pond.

We need to choose a new read aloud today :)

Guest Virginia Dawn

Ds 11 is reading a Star Wars novel by Timothy Zahn, and The Three Investigator books.

Ds 6 is reading a Bionicle graphic book, Civil War graphic books, and an easy reader about wooly mammoths and saber tooth tigers.

I think ds 16 is also reading a Star Wars novel.

I'm reading A Glorious Age in Africa out loud to the youngers.

We are on summer break.

DD 13 is reading all the books in the Warriors series for fun. I get them confused and have no idea which actual book she's reading now. For school, she just finished God's Smuggler and Gift of the Magi.

DD almost 10 finished Brighty of the Grand Canyon last week and is now reading Mary Queen of Scots from the Royal Diary series.

My oldest child is nearly 15, and he just finished "Eagle of the Ninth" and has started "The Scarlet Pimpernel."

The book he finished before those was "Liberty vs. Tyranny," by Mark Levin.

For my younger two:

ds 9.5- "Eragon" and "Little House on the Prairie."

ds 7- Just finished reading through the "Curious George" series by Margaret and H.A. Rey.

Edited by Hillary in KS