Menu

devastation

I just copied this from my blog and changed hubby's name to dh. I'm not bashing my husband. I am supporting him through this nightmare.

This is going to be short, to the point, and detail-free, as I only have an hour of computer time at the library.

Tuesday morning, we were awakened at 7:30 by pounding on the door and shouts of, "FBI!" They took dh outside and wouldn't let him back in the house. I got KJ up, dressed, and sent him to the neighbors. 7 FBI agents swarmed the house. They had a search warrant and took all the computers, disks, flash drives, etc...including the one I take with me to teach at preschools. Dh was subsequently arrested for "online solicitation of a minor." KJ and I are devastated.

I bailed dh out of jail yesterday evening and he and I have had some l-o-n-g talks. (I had taken KJ over to a friend's house and they took him on to fencing.) I am choosing to believe my husband and stick with him until the trial. I still love him more than anything. He just did a very, very stupid thing. In the long term, who knows? If anything comes out, (other than what I already know), as evidence is processed, KJ and I will be gone.

Dh is a broken man. He is sorry, ashamed, and embarrassed. His first words to me were that he would sign whatever I needed to get a divorce, that I could have everything including all his 401k money. Oh yes, he was also fired yesterday after the FBI contacteded his employer so they could search his work computer.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers,

Rebel

I just copied this from my blog and changed hubby's name to dh. I'm not bashing my husband. I am supporting him through this nightmare.

This is going to be short, to the point, and detail-free, as I only have an hour of computer time at the library.

Tuesday morning, we were awakened at 7:30 by pounding on the door and shouts of, "FBI!" They took dh outside and wouldn't let him back in the house. I got KJ up, dressed, and sent him to the neighbors. 7 FBI agents swarmed the house. They had a search warrant and took all the computers, disks, flash drives, etc...including the one I take with me to teach at preschools. Dh was subsequently arrested for "online solicitation of a minor." KJ and I are devastated.

I bailed dh out of jail yesterday evening and he and I have had some l-o-n-g talks. (I had taken KJ over to a friend's house and they took him on to fencing.) I am choosing to believe my husband and stick with him until the trial. I still love him more than anything. He just did a very, very stupid thing. In the long term, who knows? If anything comes out, (other than what I already know), as evidence is processed, KJ and I will be gone.

Dh is a broken man. He is sorry, ashamed, and embarrassed. His first words to me were that he would sign whatever I needed to get a divorce, that I could have everything including all his 401k money. Oh yes, he was also fired yesterday after the FBI contacteded his employer so they could search his work computer.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers,

Rebel

No words. I am so, so sorry.

I'm so sorry, and will be in prayer for you.

My only advice: You'll need someplace healthy to debrief all this and get some good in-person support. Family and friends may or may not be as helpful as you'd like... as many things as are going on right now, don't forget to take care of your own mental health--think about carving out time for some counselling for yourself to help deal with the avalanche of emotions.

Blessings,

I will be praying for you. Know you can come here for support as many of us do. But, I agree with Kay. You need the counsel and support of a real life advocate for you and your child. Maybe a pastor or clergyman? Counselor? Sometimes friends and family just aren't the best to help us through a seriously devastating crisis...

I'm so sorry. I will pray for you and your family.

I have two friends* who have been in similar situations (one is still in it now), and I would like to say that (if their experiences are any indication, which I realize they may not be) there is light at the end of what must seem to you now like an impossibly long tunnel.

Please feel free to PM me if you would like.

*how odd is THAT? But I think it goes to show that it's not as uncommon as one might think. Both of these friends are Christians, and both of their wives are still with them, so there CAN be restoration and forgiveness (I'm absolutely not telling you what to do, just trying to offer a bit of hope. God is a God who redeems our messes!)

I must say I'm surprised the FBI showed up at your door for online solicitation of a minor. I guess I watch too much TV because I thought local law enforcement branches (the police) handled online solictitation in their areas. I thought the larger departments even had a branch devoted to catching online solicitors. I really didn't think the FBI got involved unless the suspect was particularly evasive.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have the FBI banging on the door like that.:ohmy:

I second the recommendation to get couseling.

I'm praying for all of you here.