Menu

My sister, your best wishes and prayers, please

We have just received word that my little sister (my only sibling) has been moved to intensive care and is on dialysis. She was recovering from H1N1 last week and developed bronchitis. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday with pancreatitis. The combination of issues has been too much for her body.

Many of you know that I am not a praying kind of girl so to speak but I would really appreciate your best wishes, good karma, blessings, positive energy and prayers right now. The good news is that she is with her colleagues as she is an ICU nurse. We know she is getting good care.

Her name is Karen. She is 40 years old and has 3 children: 16, 14, and 10. She is my sister.

Update-Wed. evening. My folks were able to see her tonight. She is stable but not awake. They had her up for the first round of dialysis but otherwise keep her sedated. They are still running tests and don't have many answers. They do know she will have to be there at least two weeks. Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

11/6/09 Update: Today, the hospital confirmed that the pancreatitis has subsided and that Karen's liver enzymes are now normal. Dialysis will be continued on an every other day basis. They have removed the constant morphine drip but continue to keep her sedated most of the time. It will be a long road but at this point the news is good. Thanks to all of you for your support. I have really appreciated your kind words, prayers, and positive energy. Peace to you and your families.

Edited by swimmermom3
Update

We have just received word that my little sister (my only sibling) has been moved to intensive care and is on dialysis. She was recovering from H1N1 last week and developed bronchitis. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday with pancreatitis. The combination of issues has been too much for her body.

Many of you know that I am not a praying kind of girl so to speak but I would really appreciate your best wishes, good karma, blessings, positive energy and prayers right now. The good news is that she is with her colleagues as she is an ICU nurse. We know she is getting good care.

Her name is Karen. She is 40 years old and has 3 children: 16, 14, and 10. She is my sister.

I am praying for your family. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Keep us updated.

I'm so sorry...

Praying for you and your sister and her family.

~~Faithe.

Update-Wed. evening. My folks were able to see her tonight. She is stable but not awake. They had her up for the first round of dialysis but otherwise keep her sedated. They are still running tests and don't have many answers. They do know she will have to be there at least two weeks. Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

11/6/09 Update: Today, the hospital confirmed that the pancreatitis has subsided and that Karen's liver enzymes are now normal. Dialysis will be continued on an every other day basis. They have removed the constant morphine drip but continue to keep her sedated most of the time. It will be a long road but at this point the news is good. Thanks to all of you for your support. I have really appreciated your kind words, prayers, and positive energy. Peace to you and your families.

Lisa, sorry I only just saw this. Energy and healing thoughts for your sister. Keep up the updates. ((((hugs)))