Menu

The monolith becomes a tourist destination!

Terabith

5 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

How did they know where it was? Did you tell them?

So, their mom lives nearby ish (not in the neighborhood but like in the town), and so they recognized the area from pictures, and apparently this is a repeat trip to the monolith.  They'd found it on a previous trip, but I was not outdoors on that trip.  

Monolith:  Up there with Grand Canyon for repeat tourism!

• Like 8
  • Haha 31
  • Sad 1

Good thing she had the right person! Imagine one of the other neighbors just walking down the street when some weirdo pulls up near the Monolith and asks if she's "Terabith of the Hive," LOL  <Neighbor to husband: "That's it Gerald, we are leaving this crazy neighborhood! It's full of witches or aliens or something!">

• Like 1
  • Haha 35

20 minutes ago, athena1277 said:

It would be hilarious if a bunch of us showed up in front of that house.  Everyone posing for pictures with the monolith.  The residents come out and ask what is going on.  “We are so excited to finally visit the famous monolith!”

The man is already very paranoid.  There are cameras every three feet, no trespassing signs everywhere, and nine weirdly aggressive and hostile golden retrievers threaten to eat anyone who walks by.  I love y’all, and this would be hilarious, but I really do worry about guns.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, busymama7 said:

I just gotta know.  Did she have an idea which house was yours? Was she asking any female she saw out walking and just happened to catch you? Had she seen pictures of you? This just seems so random. 

She’d seen a picture of me I’d posted.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 7:51 PM, Corraleno said:

Good thing she had the right person! Imagine one of the other neighbors just walking down the street when some weirdo pulls up near the Monolith and asks if she's "Terabith of the Hive," LOL  <Neighbor to husband: "That's it Gerald, we are leaving this crazy neighborhood! It's full of witches or aliens or something!">

That’s what I was thinking! If it wasn’t Terebith, what a weeeeeird question for someone to be asked. 😄