Menu

Well, looks like my dd is in labor! Baby is here! Details downthread.

KidsHappen

She has been having contractions since about midnight. They are currently 4-6 minutes apart and she is already dilated to 2 and will bring the grandkids over in about an hour and call the midwife around 7:00 unless things speed up more. So I am thinking I will have a new grandbaby this afternoon/early evening. Wish us luck!

Edited by KidsHappen
  • Like 34

6 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

Her water broke at about 8:30 so I am waiting on a cm report before heading out. My first grandson's birthday is tomorrow and we were planning on celebrating that today. Not quite sure that this is what he wanted.

DS2 never forgave DS3 for being born the day after his birthday. For he life of me, I have no idea why. They always had their birthdays celebrated separately so it's baffling.

Any updates? New babies are always so exciting.

1 hour ago, stephanier.1765 said:

DS2 never forgave DS3 for being born the day after his birthday. For he life of me, I have no idea why. They always had their birthdays celebrated separately so it's baffling.

Any updates? New babies are always so exciting.

I know someone who swears their mom intentionally had her sister on her birthday.  It cracks me up every time I hear it.  

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

I know someone who swears their mom intentionally had her sister on her birthday.  It cracks me up every time I hear it.  

My mom was born on her older sister's birthday. Her sister still holds it against her.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

24 minutes ago, wendyroo said:

My mom was born on her older sister's birthday. Her sister still holds it against her.

My dd was born right after her twin brothers' birthday.  They are 8 years older and one of them was really worried that she'd be born on his birthday and he'd have to share it with someone else!  Later, after they all got older he said now he wishes she had been born on their birthday because it would have been "cool."  LOL - no way to please him!  I do have a friend who had three kids all born on the same day (different years).  I wonder what the odds are of that happening! She must have been super fertile at one specific time of the year!

• Haha 1

She says the contractions are more intense but are still six minutes apart. They haven't checked her dilation because her water has broken and will probably check it when she is two or three minutes apart. This is her first time laboring so not surprised it is taking awhile. I am sure I will update before I go to sleep.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Might advise doing some knee/chest positioning - long labor without much change can mean baby is a bit off center, and getting baby to "back up" so they can realign can make things go more quickly/smoothly (ask me how I know, lol...happened to me twice. First time I had no idea what to do about it until 40 hours later...second one I did, and no problems, baby was born a few hours later)

4 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

2 hours ago, Kassia said:

I do have a friend who had three kids all born on the same day (different years).  I wonder what the odds are of that happening! She must have been super fertile at one specific time of the year!

My boys’ birthday are four days apart. One side of my ovaries isn’t great so its kind of like a chance every two months which makes them having the same month much higher. My obgyn did ask if I want to induce so both have the same birthday (a year apart).

ETA: my birthday is a week after theirs 🤣 so we have three birthday cakes to eat within 12 days.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

My boys’ birthday are four days apart. One side of my ovaries isn’t great so its kind of like a chance every two months which makes them having the same month much higher. My obgyn did ask if I want to induce so both have the same birthday (a year apart).

My sister and I had birthdays three days apart(the 27th and 29th) and I swore I’d never do that to my kids.

So instead my first and second are five days apart(26th and 30th).  😂🤣

• Haha 9

My seventh was due on my 3rds birthday. We talked a lot about how he felt about it if they shared a birthday. We didn't know the gender but he always said that if it was a boy that was fine but not if it was a girl. 😂. It was a boy  and their birthdays are 2 days apart.  It really hasn't been any kind of thing.  We always just have two celebrations except once when we were going on a big trip and would be gone for both of their birthdays.  We celebrated both together the day before we left with two cakes etc. Other than that it doesn't seem to matter at all. They are 8 years apart though. 

Edited by busymama7
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

She says the contractions are more intense but are still six minutes apart. They haven't checked her dilation because her water has broken and will probably check it when she is two or three minutes apart. This is her first time laboring so not surprised it is taking awhile. I am sure I will update before I go to sleep.

Hope all is going well!  ❤️  

4 hours ago, Arcadia said:

ETA: my birthday is a week after theirs 🤣 so we have three birthday cakes to eat within 12 days.

My FIL, twins, and dd birthdays are all within 10 days (FIL is gone now but this was the way it was when the kids were growing up).  So many celebrations and cakes within a short time!  We always celebrated my twins' bdays separately at home so they'd have their own day plus a party with their friends (they shared that since they had many of the same friends but each had their own cake) and a big family party for all three kids with three separate cakes.  Then a day at home for dd and a party with friends and then a separate celebration for FIL (3 more cakes).  

We called it cake season. 

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kassia said:

My FIL, twins, and dd birthdays are all within 10 days (FIL is gone now but this was the way it was when the kids were growing up).  

My friend has 8 kids, and 5 of their birthdays fall within about a week of Christmas: 12/19, 12/22, 12/24, 12/25, and 12/30. That is a busy time of year for them!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KidsHappen said:

Ok, she had to transfer to the hospital but she is currently at 6 cm and 2-3 minutes apart and things seem to be going well. So looks like baby will arrive on cousins birthday. Will post once baby is here.

Thanks for the update. I’ve checked here so often hoping for one. 
I had really really long labors, especially with #1 (81 hours). It’s hard, I’m praying things will move soon 😊 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Thanks for the update. I’ve checked here so often hoping for one. 
I had really really long labors, especially with #1 (81 hours). It’s hard, I’m praying things will move soon 😊 

I keep checking too!  Hope things go well for her!  

@Ann.without.an.e - 81 hours!  You must have been exhausted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I keep checking too!  Hope things go well for her!  

@Ann.without.an.e - 81 hours!  You must have been exhausted.

It was crazy indeed. They kept wanting to c-section me and I kept refusing since baby didn't seem to be distressed. My second was 55 hours and my third was 25 hours. Fourth was 12 hours and then an emergency c-section because his heart rate was dropping or stopping with contractions (long story). 

22 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

Her water broke at about 8:30 so I am waiting on a cm report before heading out. My first grandson's birthday is tomorrow and we were planning on celebrating that today. Not quite sure that this is what he wanted.

We have two born on the same day and they loved celebrating together. Plus one could have traditional cake and the other could pick something else - win win! 😉 It’s pretty special as they’re ten years apart. 

Congratulations on the new baby!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wendyroo said:

My friend has 8 kids, and 5 of their birthdays fall within about a week of Christmas: 12/19, 12/22, 12/24, 12/25, and 12/30. That is a busy time of year for them!!

We have 12/23, 12/23, 12/28, and 1/4. It’s a bit nuts but 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Just saw she had to transfer - Praying for strength and encouragement. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

We have 12/23, 12/23, 12/28, and 1/4. It’s a bit nuts but 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Just saw she had to transfer - Praying for strength and encouragement. 

Oh wow, what a busy time and with the holidays too.

We have 4 birthdays and our anniversary in one month.  Then another month with 2.  

I can't wait to hear baby update!

• Like 2

• KidsHappen changed the title to Well, looks like my dd is in labor! Baby is here! Details downthread.
5 minutes ago, KidsHappen said:

And I have another granddaughter! It was a crazy wild ride so I will just give you guys the basics now and come back with all the details later.

She was born naturally. She was 21.5 inches long and weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. Dark curly hair. Her name is Trinity.

Now I am going to sleep for the first time in two days. 

Congratulations!!!! ♥

19 minutes ago, KidsHappen said:

And I have another granddaughter! It was a crazy wild ride so I will just give you guys the basics now and come back with all the details later.

She was born naturally. She was 21.5 inches long and weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. Dark curly hair. Her name is Trinity.

Now I am going to sleep for the first time in two days. 

awww congrats!!!  So exciting.  

6 hours ago, wendyroo said:

Oh my goodness! I’d love to hear how they celebrate everything!

Edited by Elizabeth86

yay!!!!

And make sure to tell her that first labors are often the longest - it doesn't mean they will always be that hard. My first was 45 hours, next were 9, 10(with several hours spent trying to avoid pushing cause I hate it, or would have been faster, lol) , and 2 hours. 

So glad she and baby are okay!