Menu

Login frustration

KungFuPanda

It’s not JUST me, right? 

I can’t stay logged in for more than a few minutes. When I attemp to log in, I must do so from within a post, not from the menu at the top. Even then, it looks like it’s never going to happen, but if I wait, then go back a few pages, I am logged in . . . sometimes. 

Does anyone know if it’s an issue with the site, or just a mobile log-in problem, or is it just me? I’m having trouble getting my fix!

• Like 6

It may have just been yesterday.  I had that problem too, but it seems to be fine today.

Are u still having problems? Has this been ongoing for a while? If so, let me know and I'll let the proper person know.

Fyi, a problem like this will get better attention if posted on the site news and discussions subforum.

Thanks.

It’s been several days, maybe even a week. I still had to do the weird login voodoo today. That screen never actually TELLS me I’ve logged in. I just back out (because the x to close it doesn’t work) and hope for the best. 

This is from an iPhone. I haven’t tried on a computer and I’m feeling a little leftnoutvthatbi never saw a manatee. 

2 hours ago, desertflower said:

It may have just been yesterday.  I had that problem too, but it seems to be fine today.

Are u still having problems? Has this been ongoing for a while? If so, let me know and I'll let the proper person know.

Fyi, a problem like this will get better attention if posted on the site news and discussions subforum.

Thanks.

Me too. Just yesterday. So far it seems to work better today.

5 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

It’s not JUST me, right? 

I can’t stay logged in for more than a few minutes. When I attemp to log in, I must do so from within a post, not from the menu at the top. Even then, it looks like it’s never going to happen, but if I wait, then go back a few pages, I am logged in . . . sometimes. 

Does anyone know if it’s an issue with the site, or just a mobile log-in problem, or is it just me? I’m having trouble getting my fix!

something like this was happening to me yesterday.  It would take FOREVER to load the sign-in page.  Sometimes I'd walk away and poof, I'd already be signed in and on the "chat" page when I'd come back.  Other times it would just hang there.     I haven't been here much today, so I don't know how much better it is for me. 

2 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

For me it was yesterday and again early this morning. When I tried again later this morning I finally got in around 9 I think it was. There is a thread on Site news but maybe because people add to an established thread- do we need to start a new thread if it happens again? 

Well, for me, starting a new thread on site news would be more helpful.  I am not following the existing thread. however, I do get emails for any new threads on site news. I don't know about tech support and the other moderators though.

8 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

It’s not JUST me, right? 

Me too. It is very frustrating. Last night I gave up. I couldn't stay logged in long enough to post

14 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Calming? Actually, I’ve had a Veggie Tales silly song about Barbara stuck in my head since seeing it. 😆 

eta lol just read all the way through and see that junie posted it above

Hey man, I'm just telling you what the manatee said. 😁

The message was something like, "There is a problem with our server blah blah blah. Here's a calming picture of a manatee." Obviously the message must be put together by a service provider, because WTM would know to put up some picture involving kilts and cupcakes, or suggesting we go have "tea" while we wait. 😂

Edited by SusanC
Bar-bar-a manatee! You are the one for me!
  • Haha 2