Menu

Undies - matching sets or no?

Sun

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear matching bras and undies?

• Yes, always, even at that time of the month
    • Yes, but not always at that time of the month
    • Mostly yes, but sometimes no
    • Only if it's a special "date" occasion
    • Occasionally I might accidentally match.
    • No, never

Finding bras and undies that fit comfortably is a difficult enough accomplishment.  Matching?  Only if it is accidental.  Black bra.  Black undies.  Only if they are clean on the same day and I am not wearing a light color. 

ETA:  Don't know what dh thinks.  I don't think he notices what I am wearing, ever.  I'm sure he cares whether or not they come off. 

Edited by dirty ethel rackham
  • Like 10

Since there's only one kind of bra I like and they don't make matching undies, never here.  Even when I was wearing a wider range of bras I always had basic boring undies.

Like a PP sometimes the top and bottom might both be black - but that's an accident.  No one cares, least of all me.

I buy my essentials at Kohls. I always try to buy sets. I usually buy 3-4 pair of underwear to match each bra. I have basic black, beige, white. One time I went wild and bought a pale green bra with matching striped underwear.The stripes have sine faded and that pair now looks white :) I think the last time I bought any essentials was about 3 years ago. It's time to purchase new but I'm waiting to see how my weight loss attempt goes this time.

When my children were young I wore Hanes Her Way (wonderfully dubbed "Granny panties" by my family) and basic bras (anything that would fit my large b00ks).

When I worked at the local LAC one of the women who worked with me said she treated herself every payday to a matched set. She was a snappy dresser and it was important to her to be fully dressed as she called it. I said I was going to try doing the same thing but it only lasted for one paycheck. 

• Like 2

DH doesn't care or notice.  I used to prefer matching sets when I was younger and could fit into cheaper bras.  Now that they exceed $70, I buy nude and black bras and sometimes match, but never during my period.  I pick out my outfit before I pick out my undies, so the bottoms often match my top or dress if it doesn't match the bra.

I think the idea of matching is cute. I'm just in the baby stage of life, and have been for years. Finding a bra that actually fits comfortably and that is easy to nurse in is quite a feat on its own. Finding panties that match....ugh, I give up.

Once in a while I do match by accident. But that's because a certain pattern is popular in multiple stores. And the bra in that "set" is usually not comfortable, unless it's before my milk has come in, or as I wean.

I feel so put-together and cute when I match by accident, and DH likes it too. Matching sets that you can buy off the rack just usually don't have the bra size I need, or if they do have the size, there's no support.

• Like 1

I have visions of someday having several cute matching sets, and only wearing multipack cotton ones during that time of the month. I'm not sure that by the time I'm back into pre-baby shape and finished nursing I'll think it's really that worthwhile of an expense. One advantage of my A's is that I do have lots of options at more reasonable prices. Unless of course the sizes only start at B's.

When I purchase bras, I always purchase undies that mix and match.  If my underwear start to show signs of wear then I fill in with a multipack from somewhere.  When dressing I try to match colors, black bra to underwear with black, but it isn't the end of the world if they don't match.  I have no idea if dh notices or cares, he's never said anything.  I like to feel coordinated and pulled together, so it matters to me.  

When I was younger I had some matching fancy lingerie sets.  I don't anymore.   I avoid bras as much as I can (which is most of the time now that I'm not working anymore).  When I do wear one, it's a plain cotton t-shirt bra in white, beige or black.  I do have two lacy padded ones - one black and one pink - that I wear when all the others are dirty (and maybe if it's a special occasion and I want to look like more than an B cup).

My undies are Hanes or Fruit of the Loom cotton briefs/hipsters.  Various colors.

Dh isn't into lingerie.  He says he doesn't see the point since he'd just take them off right away anyway.  :lol: 

They don't make matching sets in my cup size. It is very difficult to find a bra that fits, let alone one that would match my panties. That just doesn't hit the priority list. I do have a lot more variety in panties and dh does have preferences, but he wouldn't expect them to match my bra.

• Like 1

I love it when they match. Once upon a time, I would never wear unmatching. But...finding a comfortable bra has become a task on par with the trials of Hercules, and comfort wins every time. So I never match anymore and it makes me sad.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

This.

Uhh how does one even buy something like that?

Even Walmart carries matching sets, but you gotta be young, skinny, and no bigger than a B-minus cup size, plus be the same size on top and bottom. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smart-Sexy-Women-s-Demi-Push-Up-Bra-Panty-Set-Style-SA746/49405102

I never wear matched sets... to th support or comfort I need. But I would totally wear Underoos again! http://geektyrant.com/news/adult-sized-superhero-underoos-sets

• Like 1

I buy online at HerRoom or BareNecessities.  Usually, the bras have a "now complete the  look "  display under it.   I've finally found the perfect bras by pouring through the Reddit bra discussion and using the links on the shopping sites to determine correct fit.  My bras fit right, feel great,  and I get the underwear to match.

And lately, I've gotten into matching underwear colors to my outfits/scrubs   So i have a rainbow of colors to boot!

It's the little things!

• Like 3

Never. Not since I was young and hot to trot. It's just too much effort. And dh only cares about lingerie if it's lying on the ground. (LOL)

Edited by Kinsa

Even Walmart carries matching sets, but you gotta be young, skinny, and no bigger than a B-minus cup size, plus be the same size on top and bottom. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smart-Sexy-Women-s-Demi-Push-Up-Bra-Panty-Set-Style-SA746/49405102

I never wear matched sets... to th support or comfort I need. But I would totally wear Underoos again! http://geektyrant.com/news/adult-sized-superhero-underoos-sets

Well see that's the thing I'm wondering.  How many people have the kind of body where they are the same size on top and bottom?  Unless there are places that sell them where you can buy a different size for each.  Even then it seems more about the looks of those sets than the functionality and comfort. 

I too would wear Underoos!

• Like 1

Underoos for adults!

https://underoos.com/products/

The older I get  the more I am into hidden surprises!   Fun underwear, pretty sets.

And online shops let you pick different tops and bottom sizes. Including swimwear!  I cannot remember the last time I bought any underwear from a store  or swimwear for that matter.   36 F is hard to find.

• Like 1

Well see that's the thing I'm wondering.  How many people have the kind of body where they are the same size on top and bottom?  Unless there are places that sell them where you can buy a different size for each.  Even then it seems more about the looks of those sets than the functionality and comfort. 

I too would wear Underoos!

You can buy matching pieces virtually anywhere. I always buy each piece to fit.

• Like 1

Who has time for all of this shopping? Every time I find a bra that fits that doesn't cost $70 or more, I can only find one in my size. Then it usually gets discontinued and I have to search high and low for another one. I absolutely HATE shopping and I'm supposed to shop for matching underwear? When I find underwear that fits, doesn't give me VPL and doesn't get pulled down by my outer clothes every time I sit down, it is a small miracle. By that time, I just don't care if they match.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I usually match because I buy all the same color. Im like the Steve Jobs of underthings.

When I find something I like, I order a whole bunch at once. I mean, at least two. And if I don't like it, I don't keep it.

Edited by OKBud

Who has time for all of this shopping? Every time I find a bra that fits that doesn't cost $70 or more, I can only find one in my size. Then it usually gets discontinued and I have to search high and low for another one. I absolutely HATE shopping and I'm supposed to shop for matching underwear? When I find underwear that fits, doesn't give me VPL and doesn't get pulled down by my outer clothes every time I sit down, it is a small miracle. By that time, I just don't care if they match.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LOL! I don't have to shop much. I know which style bra fits me correctly and I know my size (my favorite one is from Lane Bryant). So, I go to their website, see which patterns that bra currently comes in, check the underwear cuts I know I find comfortable and see if any of them match the bra patterns. 

Super simple. I stock up when their intimates are on sale. :) It only take a few minutes each time I need to shop.

I've just recently started trying to match. It's more of a "kind of" match, since I did not buy most of my bras with matching undies. I've found a few of the actual matching undies on Amazon, but I'm mostly a black bra/black undies/don't-look-too-closely-at-the-non-matching-lace person. I was surprised to find that DH really likes the semi-matched sets. I've also found that I feel sexier and more pulled together with matching bra and undies, and I did not expect that to happen!

• Like 1