Menu

say a prayer for my doggy

ktgrok

I just saw your thread and started praying for your dog, totally expecting that by the end of the thread, you and your dog would be home from the vet with some medications. :(

It all happened so quickly. :crying:

I am so very, very, very sorry. You must be in shock.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you all...in a lot of ways I am in shock, but really..for whatever reason, I always expected this to be how she died. Weird, I know, but every time she had an off morning I worried she had a splenic tumor that ruptured. Seriously...I've been saying it for years. And I've just felt she didn't have long, for no real reason. I just knew. So in that way, it's not a shock..although a crappy way to validate my intuition :(

And I am glad it was fast. She didn't suffer. She woke up, went outside with the other dogs like normal, then 30 minutes later was not right. By the time we got to the vet she was weaker,a nd 30 minutes after that was turning cold already, she'd lost so much blood. The tumor was huge..most of her abdomen, and she'd lost too much blood to safely have surgery even on the off chance it wasn't malignant (which the vet said was extremely unlikely). 

I prayed that she wouldn't be in pain, and that I wouldn't have a hard decision to make. And that is how it happened. There was no question of what needed to be done, no what ifs. And she wagged her tail minutes before she passed. I was laying on the floor with her, she had a soft comfy blanket to lay on (she LOVES blankets) and I was giving her kisses and petting her. 

And I'm going to remember how she was two days ago...I was cranky and tired and didn't want to take all three dogs to the park, but she showed up at the front door whining to go with me. So I caved and brought her. And it turned out there were no other dogs there, just my three, so the kids and dogs ran and played and she was SO happy and content. I'm so glad I gave in and took her!!!!  Yesterday she laid around and chewed on rawhides and was happy too. So she had a good last few days, and I'm so glad. 

And I'm so glad that I didn't wait until her appt at 11am, and just brought her in. She wouldn't have made it that long I don't think. 

Oh, and as weak as she was, she insisted on climbing into the front passenger seat for the ride there....a princess to the end. 

• Like 15

This was her, about 10 years ago. This photo was not staged...I'd gotten divorced recently and took her and my son (who is now nearly 18 years old) camping by myself. I woke up at 2am because the moon was so bright, and saw this, them holding hands/paws in their sleep. 

16587331_10154470525698666_3707316832777

• Like 21

Thank you all...in a lot of ways I am in shock, but really..for whatever reason, I always expected this to be how she died. Weird, I know, but every time she had an off morning I worried she had a splenic tumor that ruptured. Seriously...I've been saying it for years. And I've just felt she didn't have long, for no real reason. I just knew. So in that way, it's not a shock..although a crappy way to validate my intuition :(

And I am glad it was fast. She didn't suffer. She woke up, went outside with the other dogs like normal, then 30 minutes later was not right. By the time we got to the vet she was weaker,a nd 30 minutes after that was turning cold already, she'd lost so much blood. The tumor was huge..most of her abdomen, and she'd lost too much blood to safely have surgery even on the off chance it wasn't malignant (which the vet said was extremely unlikely). 

I prayed that she wouldn't be in pain, and that I wouldn't have a hard decision to make. And that is how it happened. There was no question of what needed to be done, no what ifs. And she wagged her tail minutes before she passed. I was laying on the floor with her, she had a soft comfy blanket to lay on (she LOVES blankets) and I was giving her kisses and petting her. 

And I'm going to remember how she was two days ago...I was cranky and tired and didn't want to take all three dogs to the park, but she showed up at the front door whining to go with me. So I caved and brought her. And it turned out there were no other dogs there, just my three, so the kids and dogs ran and played and she was SO happy and content. I'm so glad I gave in and took her!!!!  Yesterday she laid around and chewed on rawhides and was happy too. So she had a good last few days, and I'm so glad. 

And I'm so glad that I didn't wait until her appt at 11am, and just brought her in. She wouldn't have made it that long I don't think. 

Oh, and as weak as she was, she insisted on climbing into the front passenger seat for the ride there....a princess to the end. 

Oh, I am crying my eyes out reading this...what a sweet girl.  :grouphug:

• Like 3