Menu

Help me out- What do *YOU* want for Christmas?

FlyingMOm

I nice purse, a fountain pen, a fuzzy blanket, nice kitchen knives (inspired by that thread here a while ago), a set of watercolor brush pens.

Some of these things, I won't get. I'm way too picky about purses for anyone else to shop for me. :)

• Like 1

I asked for this. I know my mom has already ordered it. I am so excited!!!!

(my son has a slightly smaller version and I love riding his)

https://yvolution.com/en/Y-Fliker-Carver/Y-Fliker-C5/Yvolution/Y-Fliker-C5-Orange-p769c63c130.html

I hope you love it as much as I have with mine! I got the small one for DS7 for just $11 on a floor model sake at Toy 'R Us. Then I found the bigger one NIB for $40 on Facebook. I have so much fun riding it with him! Then I found an even larger one for $70 on a floor model sale. So now we have 3 and I can ride with DS and his best friend who is much smaller. DS7 is large for his age and rides the 9+ one comfortably.

• Like 1

-A 5 qt Kitchenaid mixer to replace my 4 qt that I think is starting to have motor issues.

-nice warm sweats

-cream-colored sweater

If I didn't know what I wanted, I might get the money in cash and use it for mad money throughout the year to treat myself when I need it.

• Like 1

I ended up over at Lands End and ordered the expensive Primaloft Jacket that I've been wanting, a CashTouch scarf that will look nice with my plum winter coat I bought from them last year and a cozy flannel shirt- they gave me $100 but there is a 40% off coupon & free shipping tonight so it went pretty far and they were things I wouldn't normally spend money on.   Now, how loooong will it take for them to arrive???!  haha- can't wait!

• Like 4

I don't want anything practical or affordable.

My big ticket wish list is for a stand up paddle board (out of range since we'd need two, one for DS), a real DSLR camera (and the time to use it) and another trip to Europe.

I wouldn't agree to actually spending the money on any of them, though (DH has already tried to convince me with the SUP).

• Like 1

I don't want anything practical or affordable.

My big ticket wish list is for a stand up paddle board (out of range since we'd need two, one for DS), a real DSLR camera (and the time to use it) and another trip to Europe.

I wouldn't agree to actually spending the money on any of them, though (DH has already tried to convince me with the SUP).

We own one & share with the teens. Or one goes on ur on kayak, one on sup. We got little kids hybrid kayak/sups for the littles. My parents live on lake though, so a few hang on on shore, others take turns with the boats

• Like 1

A weekend away with my hubby. We have done this two years in a row in spring, and it has been Magic. Seriously, it's like 48 hours, but it is amazing to have one or two nights where I know I'm not responsible for anyone but myself. Lol. I want a nice dinner I don't have to cook or clean up after. One I can sit and eat while it's hot because I'm not jumping up to refill milk cups or grab a spoon or wipe up a spill. And then I want to go to a hotel and sleep in a bed that hasn't seen kids in it and not make it the next day. I want to sleep in late, read for hours, not have to clean up after five other people...Even if it's a local hotel, I don't need super fancy or exotic!

For my 'you're dreaming, that's impossible!' gift, I'd love to find a 10-20 acre plot of land where we could build our dream...a hobby farm and gym/training building for the kids and my dh's business. We'd have the gym in a huge steel structure building and use the farm as a therapy-based retreat for foster children. Again, we have neither the money or the qualifications for this, but it's a dream.

Edited by Gentlemommy
  • Like 1

I ended up over at Lands End and ordered the expensive Primaloft Jacket that I've been wanting, a CashTouch scarf that will look nice with my plum winter coat I bought from them last year and a cozy flannel shirt- they gave me $100 but there is a 40% off coupon & free shipping tonight so it went pretty far and they were things I wouldn't normally spend money on. Now, how loooong will it take for them to arrive???! haha- can't wait!

It doesn't matter how long it all takes to arrive. You have to wrap it and not open until Christmas.

• Like 2

We own one & share with the teens. Or one goes on ur on kayak, one on sup. We got little kids hybrid kayak/sups for the littles. My parents live on lake though, so a few hang on on shore, others take turns with the boats

Ah, but DS and I want to go together. Not on the same board though. He likes to race, me not so much. ;)

DH prefers to kayak, so we'd need one of those too, ideally. We prefer to do things all together.

I have already bought almost all my presents for myself. DH doesn't like shopping, I do, so I just get them and hand them over to him and have the fun of looking forward to getting them on Christmas morning:

New slippers

Ridiculously soft scarf (I will wear it in the house. We keep the house cold.)

A robe that is ankle length and zips up (again, I will wear it all day long)

Elephant earrings I saw and picked up for myself

Salon Selectives shampoo. I used to use that as a teen and thought they went out of business. I haven't seen that shampoo in 25 years, until the other day. I adore the scent. I grabbed a bottle.

Rose scented soap

I think that's all. I don't need any of that stuff. I already have a serviceable robe and a regular scarf. My current slippers are ok, but they have a little tear in the lining. I have regular soap and shampoo. I have lots of earrings. These are items I wouldn't normally buy for myself, since I already have things like them. But these items will be extra special and I'll feel very pampered using them.

There will be a little money left over and I'll get some music from itunes. I keep a running list of songs I'd like to get and only get new songs once or twice a year.

Towels for the bathroom--preferably not torn or see-through and all the same colour

Hardback dictionary--preferably more recent than 1960s

Nice stationary

Edited by Guest

I have asked for Weather Tech mats for my new car.

I just happened to find the exact set of Weather Tec mats I needed for our van on Craigslist for $80 right when we bought it.   They are SO wonderful!!!      That gives me a great idea for dh- I wonder if I could find a set for his jeep??? Off to hunt.... 

• Like 1

I want either pink or blue yarn, but a certain little person refused to cooperate the other day, lol.

I had several years where I couldn't think of anything I wanted for Christmas or birthday, so I just saved the money. I would buy myself a couple of small things occasionally, like episodes of a tv show or a CD or a new bag, but mostly it just sat there. And then when I needed a new computer and new sneakers, the money was all there and waiting for me. This spring I bought my Instant Pot with gift money.

I had Syberia III on my list for this year, but they pushed its release back.

Edited by happypamama
  • Like 1