Menu

How old is too old to wear graphic tees...

MercyA

I really don't care how old someone is. It is nice if they are dressed in clean clothes. :0)  And Honestly, it is nice to see the silly side of someones personality sometimes. People are so serious and in a hurry in this world, that a little glimpse into that part of themselves is refreshing. Band T-shirts are fun to see the different people who like a genre of music.

The only time I really make a judgement on someones t-shirt, is when an adult is wearing an offensive, vulger, or crude T.  The ones with cussing,  wildly inappropriate images or sexual references, are best worn at home IMHO.  When it is a teenager, it makes me think they are just pushing the boundaries.  When it is an adult, it just looks stupid.

I work in retail and shirts give me something to talk about with my customers, so bring 'em on, no matter how old you are!

Edited by Tap
  • Like 17

No one is taking away my WonderWoman and Supergirl tops :).

FWIW, the stated dress code for DD's big Herp conference is "casual, but if you really want to fit in, wear a shirt with a snake or fish on it". So you see things like the BlackMudpuppy (the world's only amphibian superhero) on 80 yr old PhDs. :)

• Like 7

I want to know where to find a Wonder Woman t-shirt!? As I sit here in my doctor who shirt.

Eta - I placed a threadless order this am

I get graphic tees from Torrid (plus size clothing company). They go down to a 00 which is roughly a ladies' large I think? They're cut for boobs and such. 

• Like 4

All my tees are graphic tees.

I'm 36.

ETA: I will add this, though.... I went to a recent library event with my kids and the only other graphic tees that I saw were on dads (one dad had a totally awesome Duck Tales t-shirt that I wanted.)  The moms were more...dressy.  I am most definitely not...dressy.

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 5

I think it depends upon the graphic.

i keep saying I need to order a potions master shirt for dd.  at this rate, I may get her a tote. (I can't find one I like. I don't  want snape, and I don't want some little kid thing.)  I did get her a fe(rrous) wheel shirt.   she said it was lacking because it only showed one molecular form of iron. . . .

• Like 3

All my tees are graphic tees.

I'm 36.

ETA: I will add this, though.... I went to a recent library event with my kids and the only other graphic tees that I saw were on dads (one dad had a totally awesome Duck Tales t-shirt that I wanted.)  The moms were more...dressy.  I am most definitely not...dressy.

I saw a neat duck tails one in Kohls - mens department.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think you can wear graphic tees for forever. Just know that all of my teens' friends think that parents wearing graphic tees is not cool. Any argument is met with shrugs and a general eye roll with a definite subtext of "act your age."  Some days, the only thing I do right is not wear a graphic tee.

But teens can be so judgmental about so many parental decisions, you might as well wear what you want.

• Like 4

Honestly, I think you can wear graphic tees for forever. Just know that all of my teens' friends think that parents wearing graphic tees is not cool. Any argument is met with shrugs and a general eye roll with a definite subtext of "act your age."  Some days, the only thing I do right is not wear a graphic tee.

But teens can be so judgmental about so many parental decisions, you might as well wear what you want.

LOL!  My 9yo is starting to be more concerned about my appearance in public.  It's pretty hilarious.  It's kind of cool to know I can embarrass her without even trying.

If she wants to get a job and buy me something better, I'm willing to try it on and give it due consideration.

• Like 2

...because I love them. :blush:

Give it to me straight. I'm in my early 40's. Am I too old to wear shirts from places like Threadless and Snorg? They are generally paired with a denim skirt, sneakers, and a hoodie if it's cold.

No age limit.

It bothers me when people try to impose random age limits on clothing because clothes are self expression IMO, and no one should be allowed to look down on others for self expression. Ever.

• Like 6

I live in graphic tees, usually with jeans and sneakers (nothing as cool as Converse - I have to wear Brooks for my pf).  I love science-y shirts, my 4-H shirts, some from dd's sorority.  I do have them separated into those I wear out in public and those I only wear at home since I have some that aren't in great shape.

Dh just turned 60 and he wears them too.  Usually sports, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa.

• Like 2

We always have a cat in the box so this tee just became a must have. I noticed it is 100% cotton. Did you have shrinkage (not the Jerry Seinfeld kind of shrinkage)?

To awkwardly answer your question, yes the length did shrink some, but not the width as much.... :)  I bought XLs in these because I wear them to work with the animals outside or as nightshirts so I didn't want anything fitted. What I like about their shirts is that the graphics actually last and don't fade or wash off after a couple of months. I've had this shirt for years and it still looks great. If you bought a more fitted size I would err on the side of hanging to dry.