Menu

-

alisoncooks

...you literally felt sick to your stomach whenever you thought about it?

DH & I have applied for a program that could help us tremendously.  Without all the boring details, we basically misunderstood the hospital billing system and have been turned over to collections for dozens and dozens of his physicians bills.  (Even though we were making consistent payments and *thought* we were paying what we were supposed to be paying.)  

Anyhow, we applied for a "charity" program through the hospital/state.  We hoped it would reduce our payments and make them do-able for the duration.  No...if we are accepted, it will retroactively forgive our current bills and go forward for the next several months.  And since DH has about a year left in his cancer treatments, this could be HUGE.

They told us they get about 2000 applicants per month, so I'm not holding my breath.  But.....gah!  I feel nauseated just thinking about it --  I cannot even wrap my brain around it or hope without fear of disappointment.  (We were already toeing the red each month with our budget, before DH was diagnosed...) 

Prayers, please, for peace.  For either outcome.

I pray this is yours now!  Lord, let this family get the call! 

And praying for total healing for your husband too. 

• Like 3

Yes I have. Many years ago when I was awaiting the outcome of our Immigration case for my daughter and I. I prayed, and prayed some more... knowing that praying doesn't guarantee the outcome I'd want, but for serenity, peace and understanding... regardless of the outcome. Many prayers for you and dh in this very tough situation!

Does it make you feel better to know that I would give up the thing I'm desperately hoping for if you got the thing you were desperately hoping for? Cause that is important. Mine is important too, but you win, hands down. But yes. There is a thing I'm hoping for against all hope. It seems unlikely, but it would save me.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

We have heard back from the financial aid department.

Looks like they didn't like DH's pay stubs (very informal, from a religious non-profit)....so we have to now supply proof of income on a signed letterhead from the head administrator.

Also, we have to send in another bank statement or two.

So....not a "no" but it means we start the wait period all over as they review this information.

I would say that is actually a pretty good sign, that they are actually considering you still!  

The delay is unfortunate, but still hopeful !

• Like 1