Menu

On a scale of 1-10....

myfunnybunch

just how bad would it be if I took an entire giant piece of leftover pie into the back yard and ate the whole thing by myself without sharing?

Let's say 1 is "Pie," and 10 is "Horror and greed! Your poor deprived children, going without pie! And besides, your thighs will blow up like balloons!"

It's Neapolitan--chocolate crust and chocolate cream, with strawberry cream, and vanilla whipped cream on top. In case that makes a difference.

Cat

I'd eat half and feel good that I hadn't eaten the entire slice then eat the rest a hour later because the kids don't need to ruin their dinner.

I made a lemon tart this weekend for a dinner with friends. For the last leftover slice, I prepared a plate with a drizzle of raspberry sauce and a dollop of whipped cream. I walked away to clean up and DH entered the room and ate all but a thin sliver of crust in the minute I was gone.

Eat your pie while you can.

It would proably depend upon how often it happens that you take the leftover pie in the backyard and eat it all without sharing.  ;p.

how valued is this kind of pie by your family?

in my family - a neopalitan pie that someone didn't share wouldn't be looked at twice.  a blackberry pie that someone hogged would earn you a curse and unfriendly feelings. (no matter how often they were equitably shared.)

Can I vote for eating less than the whole thing? You could eat some, then think about it and either decide to share the rest or have seconds at another time. I need a picture of this pie. It sounds delicious.

Urp. Oops. Too late. <groan>

I should have listened to the voice of reason. I won't need to eat again until next week. :P

Thanks for the support, ladies. I knew I could count on you to make me laugh and feel better about eating too much pie without sharing.

Cat

1 - but if it were my pie, I would have to eat it in my closet with the door to my room locked.  And even then, I would have some child in a crisis moment at that particular time of course not having any other crisis moments until that time.  Then if I was really going to enjoy my pie, I would also watch a "mommy show" on netflix or hulu without some child asking me questions about said show.   I would also have to evade questions of "who ate the last piece of pie"?  "I have no idea".  Then my dh would come home and give me a smile that says, "Good for you!"  He's a good one for encouraging my rare selfish behavior.  He thinks they are too far and few between.  So, despite having to run though all sorts of obstacles, it would still be a "eat the pie woman!  eat the pie!"

Beth (who wants to have a personal mini-fridge in her room so that she actually gets to eat some "special" food without her children eating it - even when it says, "MOM"S FOOD" and child claims they didn't see the sign...we have teen boy issues around here)

Well, I was going to say "1," but now I'll say, "Way to go!"  :hurray:

And if anybody asks what happened to it, respond with a vague "I don't want to name names, just know I took care of it."

I am SO TOTALLY stealing this!

1. No doubt about it. Sounds better than my child induced stress reduction technique which is to stand in front of the pantry and shovel handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips into my mouth.

Ugh, me too. Just five minutes ago, in fact. We always seem to have them in the house, even when I'm being "good" about not buying other sweets. I need to stop buying them at Costco.

Ugh, me too. Just five minutes ago, in fact. We always seem to have them in the house, even when I'm being "good" about not buying other sweets. I need to stop buying them at Costco.

We buy them at Costco, too. They really are the best kind. I ran out and had to buy the cheap store brand at the grocery store. Yuck. Too sweet and they melt too fast. Costco really has the best semi-sweet chocolate chips. I'm becoming a connoisseur.

0 if you made the pie.

1 if you bought the pie.

2 if the kids bought the pie.

3 if the kids made the pie.

I bought the pie. :)

But it was my dd's birthday pie. :(

But she left it here when she went home, and said she didn't want the rest. :) So really, it was my pie in the first place. Right?

Cat